The Jets in a landslide... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets in a landslide...

Moss will be good, but you cant compare him to chambers, chambers had lucas throwing to him, moss had pennington

Originally posted by t2thejz
Moss will be good, but you cant compare him to chambers, chambers had lucas throwing to him, moss had pennington

Agree with that too! people tend to forget that Chambers also had a serious head injury last season.. no one would be the same after that.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
That was LAST year, and they obviously recovered ok from those losses (AFC East Championship).

It seems to me you "Backed Into" that championship.

However, I believe your team will be improved this year, simply on the fact that your QB now has more experience (and he was pretty good without it).

This season will be fun to watch develop!!

I'm not saying he is better, I was just bringing up the fact that he had more TD's, not bad for a bust.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
I'm not saying he is better, I was just bringing up the fact that he had more TD's, not bad for a bust.

He only had ONE more TD than Fletcher... and about 300 less yards. I wouldn't say he's a bust but you have to admit he is not the Super Star you were expecting out of UM.

Originally posted by dolfan4good

He only had ONE more TD than Fletcher... and about 300 less yards. I wouldn't say he's a bust but you have to admit he is not the Super Star you were expecting out of UM.

I was a fan of Moss in college.

While I would not consider him yet to be a bust, he is not a success either.

He is right there with Jamar Fletcher in terms of having a lot to prove this year.

Originally posted by dolfan4good

Sorry, I said Fletcher. I meant Chambers.

Originally posted by zachseau13

I was a fan of Moss in college.

While I would not consider him yet to be a bust, he is not a success either.

He is right there with Jamar Fletcher in terms of having a lot to prove this year.

Im sorry but i dont agree with the comparison to Fletcher. Moss does have a lot to prove if he is finally given the chance to be a STARTING WR. He hasnt started yet and Fletcher has started every year... so the difference, Fletcher has had three years of a lot of playing time to prove himself while Moss hasnt but still.. Moss has proved more. (IMO)

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 40+
2001 Miami Dolphins 16 7 48 883 18.4 74t 7 3
2002 Miami Dolphins 15 15 52 734 14.1 59t 3 2
TOTAL 3 NFL Seasons 31 22 100 1617 16.2 74t 10 5

VS

2001 New York Jets 5 0 2 40 20.0 33 0 0
2002 New York Jets 15 3 30 433 14.4 47 4 1
TOTAL 3 NFL Seasons 20 3 32 473 14.8 47 4 1

I don't see anything special abot Moss stats..At best Moss will be a solid #2 WR in the NFL.Yeah I know Moss was out for a while his rookie season but even when he was healthy he didn't contribute much.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Of course its the JETS!!! Dont you remember the commercial with the dolphin fan with zacks jersey sitting in the Jets bar!!! Then standing and screaming yes! "

If you plan on going by commericals, then you should remember there was a commercial of a Miami fan who lived in Buffalo, and got his car pelted with snowballs from Buffalo fans on his way to work every day......

Originally posted by MissMeth

Im sorry but i dont agree with the comparison to Fletcher. Moss does have a lot to prove if he is finally given the chance to be a STARTING WR. He hasnt started yet and Fletcher has started every year... so the difference, Fletcher has had three years of a lot of playing time to prove himself while Moss hasnt but still.. Moss has proved more. (IMO)

Sorry MissMeth, but Flectcher didn't start at nickel his his first year, Terry Cousins did, last year was Flect first time being the #1 nickel back..but he has started in spot games for Sam or Pat when they've gotten hurt over the last 2 years, so he's very familar with playing in our D. Santana, I think, got a little playing time in at the end of his rookie campaigne, then played a lot more last year..This is his time to prove his worth as well, he and Flect are about in the same boat. Chambers on the other hand has shown the potential and this could be his break out seaon as well.

When I lived in NY it was always the Bills that were my afc east foe, now that I live here in South Florida I can see how the Fins
are now my afc east foe

It's funny how similar our competition and rivalries are to the Raiders...

Raiders vs. Chiefs = Dolphins vs. Jets

Raiders vs. Broncos =Dolphins vs. Bills

Raiders vs. Chargers = Dolphins vs. Pats

That's what it is...We are just like the Raiders in the West..

EVERYBODY HATES US....:lol:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Sorry MissMeth, but Flectcher didn't start at nickel his his first year, Terry Cousins did, last year was Flect first time being the #1 nickel back..but he has started in spot games for Sam or Pat when they've gotten hurt over the last 2 years, so he's very familar with playing in our D. Santana, I think, got a little playing time in at the end of his rookie campaigne, then played a lot more last year..This is his time to prove his worth as well, he and Flect are about in the same boat. Chambers on the other hand has shown the potential and this could be his break out seaon as well.

Even then a nickel back is not considered a starting spot. Starters in the 4-3 are:

2 DTs
2 DEs
3 LB's
2 CB's
2 Safeties

Originally posted by BillsFan4Life
"

If you plan on going by commericals, then you should remember there was a commercial of a Miami fan who lived in Buffalo, and got his car pelted with snowballs from Buffalo fans on his way to work every day......

What commercial was that?
That must have been local.
I never saw it in the Miami area

Back
Top Bottom