The Jets in a landslide... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Jets in a landslide...

yes, the biggest rivalry has to be the jets.....

but do admit that the kelly/marino years

buffalo/ miami was the best there for a while

The FINs arch rival is the Bills. It might seem like the jets @ the moment. After a few years you will see how these things are cyclical. The cities of Boston and NY are mortal enemies and that rivalry has been going on since before pro sports. What im saying is who cares what us FIN FANs think, if you ask a NYer or a beaner I KNOW what they will say. Stick around son and i will guide you through the tough times

"When you snatch the pebble from my hand it will be time for you to leave"

Originally posted by minus

You can't sit here and tell Jets biggest rival because is just not true.Is really depends who the hotter team is at current time.The Jets have a long history of losing seasons period.

Do you ever post any facts to back up your assertions?

I have given you several:

"the Fins were 20-0 against the Bills in the 70's and 12-8 against them in the 1980's. They were not a rival at all until the 1990's.

Against the Jets, in the 80's (Marino's best years) Miami actually had a losing record 9-10-1"

Here's another fact for you:

In the last five seasons the Dolphins are 5-5 against Buffalo and 1-9 against the Jets

Finally,

The Jets are the current AFC East Champs

Originally posted by zachseau13

Do you ever post any facts to back up your assertions?

I have given you several:

"the Fins were 20-0 against the Bills in the 70's and 12-8 against them in the 1980's. They were not a rival at all until the 1990's.

Against the Jets, in the 80's (Marino's best years) Miami actually had a losing record 9-10-1"

Here's another fact for you:

In the last five seasons the Dolphins are 5-5 against Buffalo and 1-9 against the Jets

Finally,

The Jets are the current AFC East Champs

What other fact do you want other than...........

It depends on who doing better at the time ?

Jets long history of losing teams really makes early Jets-Dolphins game worthless.yep you're right the Jets are 9-1 against the Dolphins and that why I've said recently Jets Rivalry is the most heated.Now the Jets are starting to go on a decline and Bills swept us last year (Yes We all know Ray Lucas was the reason) and are putting together a good young team that will be on rise.

Is really a cycle like bryan allen stated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by minus

Now the Jets are starting to on decline and Bills swept us last year

We think, (and hope) that the Jets are starting to decline.

But, right now, they are the champs with the hottest QB in football.

We think that the Bills have improved but the loss of Price may affect them a great deal.

Anyway, if you have any questions, just attend both games in Miami.

Originally posted by bryan allen
The FINs arch rival is the Bills. It might seem like the jets @ the moment. After a few years you will see how these things are cyclical. The cities of Boston and NY are mortal enemies and that rivalry has been going on since before pro sports. What im saying is who cares what us FIN FANs think, if you ask a NYer or a beaner I KNOW what they will say. Stick around son and i will guide you through the tough times

"When you snatch the pebble from my hand it will be time for you to leave"

I have lived in both Boston and New York and have been going to Fins games since 1972 so I think I might understand the cyclical nature of rivalries.

I think I suggested as much when I noted that the Bills were our biggest rival in the early to mid 90's but not before or since.

Also, if you ask a Jets fan who the biggest rival of the Jets are do you think they will say New England?

Not a chance.

This has nothing to do with NY/ Boston or Yankees/ Red Sox.

Finally, don't call me your son.

It insults my father.

I dont see many lists with penny in the top 10 QBs. Like most realistic folks we are holding judgement on his Hall of fame potential. Ya just have to slow down son all these question will be answered in due course.

The Jets are our biggest rival.

The Dolphins are the Bills biggest rival.

The Dolphins are the Jets biggest rival.

It is really pathetic when one team considers you their biggest rival but the other team doesn't feel the same way.

Originally posted by bryan allen
I dont see many lists with penny in the top 10 QBs. Like most realistic folks we are holding judgement on his Hall of fame potential. Ya just have to slow down son all these question will be answered in due course.

Uhh..just look at QB rating, he was #1 with a 104.2

Also, I did not say he was the best, I said he was the "hottest"

To a seasoned football fan that would mean that his recent performance was the best not that he was the best.

JETS, definitely, around these boards though, it's easily the Bills, cause their only success is against us.

Blizzard said it the best. The Jets have been our biggest rival forever. Just because we broke that so called hex, doesn't mean they aren't our rivals anymore. The Jets will stay this way, at least until I am 6ft. deep.:jetssuck:

Your wrong its the bills. Internet polls target populations of young folks. If ya ask senior FIN FANs they will be glad to pass on the knowledge that can only come from living in an earlier era.

If the shoe were on the other foot.....and all the Bills fans who post here were instead Jet fans, I think the descenting opinion here would shift back to the Jets.

I echo everything zachseau13 is saying. The Jets are our biggest rival overall. Going into last season, who did you want to beat more: The Jets or Buffalo?? The Jets of course. And with the massive amount of transplants living in Miami, it's undebatable.

Buffalo is on the way up again. And we were swept. So the rivalry is definitely back. But the Jets have traditionally been a tougher opponent. We've been the better team for most of last ten meetings. And yet, we're 1-9. If that doesn't spell rivalry, I don't know what does.

JETS AND BILLS BOTH SUCK..

:o

ALL I KNOW IS THAT ON THIS POLL AND NFL.COM

THE JETS GOT OVER 60% ON BOTH....

LET'S LOOK @ IT

1966-1971---JETS BECAUSE THE BILLS SUCKED AND THE JETS
HAD NAMATH AND WE'RE A VERY GOOD TEAM....

1972-1982---BOTH OR NEITHER, WE WERE SO GOOD NEITHER DID THAT GREAT AGAINST US.... BUT WE WERE ON A 20 GAME UNBEATEN STREAK AGAINST THE BILLS...

1983-1990-- KEN OBRIEN, WESLEY WALLS AND AL TOON VS. DUPER, CLAYTON AND MARINO..... AVERAGE PASSING BETWEEN BOTH TEAMS AVERAGED ABOUT 500 YDS PER TEAM...
AVERAGE SCORE ----ABOUT DOLPHINS 45 JETS 42 DECIDED IN THE LAST PLAY OF AN OVERTIME GAME.... LAST TEAM WITH THE BALL WON.... GREAT GAMES

91-98--RIVALRY WITH THE JETS NEVER REALLY SLOWED DOWN...
BUT WITH THE SUCCESS OF THE KELLY, THERMAL, BRUCE SMITH LEAD BILLS... THIS RIVALRY WAS AT ITS HEIGHT...

99-2003 THE JETS SOMEHOW GOT OUR NUMBER AND CONTINUE TO EMBARRASS US EVERYTIME... EXCEPT ONE GAME, BUT THEY WON THE REMATCH...

THIS YEAR WE NEED ALL FOUR WINS AGAINST THESE YANKEES...:yell:

WE HATE BOTH TEAMS BUT THE JETS MORE, AND MORE OFTEN...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom