The keys to winning OUR game against the Patsies... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The keys to winning OUR game against the Patsies...

Pink_Dove

Animus facit nobilem
Reaction score
Most of us saw what the Pats & Colts could do today...i've even had the luck to see the Pats play a couple times..OUR coaching staff and players will have the chance to see what the Pats did today and the rest of the season...
On Offense :

-Brady is a good QB...He's accurate, very aware of what's going on around him...especially if he gets in a groove (like in the first quarter today)...
He seems to have developped something with Faulk...an underrated player who's his safety blanket underneath...
I don't see anything special in Fauria and Graham other than the fact they^re reliable...Their wideouts are small and quick...those crossing routes and slants are a Charlie Weiss staple...
They'll throw them all day if it works...Hopefully Troy Brown will still be out because he's their best wideout (very good at run blocking as well)
Their O-Line is above average...with no noticeable names except Klemm and Andruzzi..keys to the running game...

On Defense:
An underrated defense...Their secondary was in shambles and has somewhat bounced back...Still considered the weak link in my book...The Milloy loss hasnt been forgotten...nevertheless R.Harrison seems to have rejuvenated his carreer and taken Milloy's place as a leader...Like Seau he's fit in well..
The LB's are instinctive and smart...Johnson and Bruschi have been there for years it seems...
The D-Line is overrated..I don't see them as top 5 in the game like some people say...Teddie Washington and Richard Seymour are playing like probowlers...but the ends arn't anything special..most of the pressure comes form the blitz..Mcginest, Bruschi...

We can beat this team but it won't be easy...Showing Brady different looks is imperative...if he gets in a rhytm we're cooked...
Their running game won't be a factor...Ou corners have to TACKLE AND WRAP UP...The patsies get most of their yards after the pass...
On offense our Oline is key...The pats will come with all sorts of blitzes we're going to have to pick up...Jay has to execute and continue the way he's been playing these last 2 games...

Continue with the imput...Pats fans are welcome...as you know your strenghts and weaknesses more than us dolfans...

One thing we need to do is force interceptions. We need our D-Line to get in on Brady often so he gets scared and throws to our CB's, like the Bills made him do in Week 1, and what the Colts made him do late in todays game.

We need to get a TD early. This game will probably come down to a fieldgoal, like the last game.

In the 1st, we need to take some longshots down field and hopefully get a long TD. This will take some of the pressure off the line and allow Ricky to make some plays.

All we need to do is press the WR and spy on faulk. All the pats do is quck passes to the wr or te and the screen to faulk, that's all they have.

Keep everything in front you, and for God's sake, DON'T MISS YOUR TACKLES. We do this, and limit the turnovers, we win easily I think......

Totally with you on that. The pats have no gameplan after you take away their initial gameplan, they become confused, and that is when we have to capitalize.

The Pats will probably start off with the dink and dunk.. but will go deep once the Phins are offguard.. That is what I fear.. Madison getting burned...

Other than that.. If they TACKLE like they should this game SHOULD be secured by the 4th.

But then again they are a bunch of merry leprechauns with refs up their skirts.. so nothing is a given.

I have the key to victory:

They have to make sure that the pilot files the correct flight plan to New England.

And of course that we bring our equipment.

Trust me.......this game is a cake walk.

we are winning out.

The key to winning against the Patriots lies in making sure Mare's head and foot is in the game. If he costs us a second win against the Patriots, I hope he gets cut even if the team still has to pay him...

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
All we need to do is press the WR and spy on faulk. All the pats do is quck passes to the wr or te and the screen to faulk, that's all they have.

that and on offense we need to run ricky succesfully with a stacked line. that means some real good blocking by konrad. we also need to hit deep passes like against dallas but it will defenitly be more difficult with them blitzing like they do. lastly, the line needs to play the way they have been playing since jay took over and Mare cant miss any damn field goals!

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
a couple of fakes to ricky and throw it it gadsden or konrad will back em off the line and give ricky a couple of steps. the pats don't have a running game!;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So far my key to winning the game is score more points than them. Cuz when these teams play each other ya never know whats gonna friggin happen.

Olindo better warm up the leg. We can't afford another easy FG miss.

The Key is not to play let them catch and tackle the way the Dolphins have been the past few games. The Pass defense has been weak lately imo. I think they need to be agressive against the Receivers on the line because the Pats will dink and dunk you all the way down the field. If they do that and get 35-40 min top we'll lose. If we play agressive against their receivers and RB we'll blow them out.

ok, here is what the Pats do.

Bombs. All bombs. Long bombs to Bethal, long bombs to Graham, long bombs the Branch, ect.

This game will be ringing in the minds of Surtain and Madison and they will be jumping short routes more then usual. Pats will go deep. Often.

On defense, we will mix up a 4-6 defense and a 3-4 defense. We will have a guy GLUED to Chambers, Ricky, and McMicheal. Let Jay win it :eek:

That is the plan.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
ok, here is what the Pats do.

Bombs. All bombs. Long bombs to Bethal, long bombs to Graham, long bombs the Branch, ect.

This game will be ringing in the minds of Surtain and Madison and they will be jumping short routes more then usual. Pats will go deep. Often.

On defense, we will mix up a 4-6 defense and a 3-4 defense. We will have a guy GLUED to Chambers, Ricky, and McMicheal. Let Jay win it :eek:

That is the plan.
i think the colts showed what the pats secondary can do!:tongue:

Back
Top Bottom