The keys to winning OUR game against the Patsies... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The keys to winning OUR game against the Patsies...

LOL, well I guess it's your right as a Dolphins fan to pump up your team for a victory. The Patriots strength is it's secondary. Todays showing was it's worst by far this season so I'm glad thats out of the way. Ricky won't see 85 yards rushing forget about it the Patriots have only allowed one 100 yard rusher all season and that was Portis with Washington and Seymour out the lineup. The Dolphins haven't allowed any 100 yard rushers I know that as well. It is going to be extremly hard for the Dolphins to score in my opinion. If the Patriots get any lead 10 or more it's lights out. The last game between the teams was close and this should be the same. Don't try to use the Colts game as a reference because #1 your QB is a bum(Fiedler) and you have two recievers to throw to (Chambers,McMichael). If you want to talk about luck lets talk about McKnights out of bounds long ball for the missed FG in which the refs totaly blew but as you would say the Patriots were lucky in the first meeting. Anyhow I can say with absolutely no fear is you guys don't have a chance next week. I'm not worried about having to eat crow it just aint gonna happen and deep down you guys know it. As a Dolphins fan it's your right and obligation to predict a Dolphins victory like I said but you know what happens in december.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by WiGGy
your QB is a bum(Fiedler)

Fiedler is a bum?

Let's use performance against a very tough common opponent to compare Fiedler and Brady.

Fiedler's QB rating against the Cowboys this year: 156
Brady's QB rating against the Cowboys this year: 64.8

If Fiedler is a bum, Brady must be the scum of the Earth. Hey, actually, that does seem apt. :tongue:

Just for my own curiousity, here is how they stack up against other common opponents this year:

Fiedler vs. Buffalo: 54.8
Brady vs. Buffalo: 22.5

F vs. Houston: 81.1
B vs. Houston: 82.6

F vs. New York J: 122.7
B vs. New York J: 82.3

F vs. New York G: 73.7
B vs. New York G: 56.1

F vs. Washington: 68.3
B vs. Washington: 73.2

Out of six common opponents, Jay was statistically superior against four of them. I'll stipulate that Tom was a lot better against the Dolphins than Jay was against the Patriots, but that's still really surprising to me.

Only stats I get into are W's & L's. Why does it seem that Fiedler seems to lose the real big games? We will just have to wait and see next week.

Originally posted by WiGGy
Only stats I get into are W's & L's. Why does it seem that Fiedler seems to lose the real big games? We will just have to wait and see next week.
i really think that thursday was a big game. in fact the hole we've worked ourselves into, they're all big games!:(

The only reason the colts were able to score TD's were after our turnovers they scored 2 I think and 3 on a fumble..That is the key..If you dont get those turnovers colts woulda been routed..Its not hard for PM to score when he starts on our 30yd line...so our 2ndary isnt suspect and you sure as heck dont have the offensive firepower in the receiver corp that the colts do..My feeling if we play a clean turnover free game we win if not well ....who knows we might still win IE: colts ,houston ,broncos miami games

Originally posted by PatDog
The only reason the colts were able to score TD's were after our turnovers they scored 2 I think and 3 on a fumble..That is the key..If you dont get those turnovers colts woulda been routed..Its not hard for PM to score when he starts on our 30yd line...so our 2ndary isnt suspect and you sure as heck dont have the offensive firepower in the receiver corp that the colts do..My feeling if we play a clean turnover free game we win if not well ....who knows we might still win IE: colts ,houston ,broncos miami games
do you know how stupid you read, they just replayed that last stand and if james had of bounced it outside, you had nobody, TWICE!:tongue:

If if and buts were candy and nuts every1 would have a merry X-mas.

Say that to yourself. If we had not done this or that you would have also won the Redskins game. It happens it happens, but that is what happens.

Understanding the Pats

The Pats are going to have a tough time against you on Sunday, but I think we'll win.

On O, our teams are fairly even, with you having the clear edge in RB and us having a smaller edge in the more important position of QB. On D, I think our players are pretty equal.

When it comes to coaching, I'd give your O an advantage in Norv Turner, but I think our D is superior thanks to Bill Belichick. Also, I think Belichick has made the Pats formidable with an unusual overall game philosophy.

The reason the Pats win ugly is because we're not the best at anything, but we field the best team to defeat an opponent each week. Belichick would rather have a team that is a jack of all trades than a master of one. That way, he gets to field a team designed to beat the opponent.

What you saw against the Colts will not be what you see against the Phins. Our D especially will be customized to stop Ricky Williams and make Fielder go to his third option. We'll try to make you play a lot of plays in order to score, in the hope we can get an interception or force a fumble. We'll try to take advantage of the fact that you have to win the game. We'll try to make you make mistakes.

Some of you think the Pats are lucky. I don't think that's the case. I think Belichick tries to frustrate his opponent by creating a game environment that's not to their liking. He'll try to make it an ugly game where the Pats feel comfortable and the Phins feel like they're not on track.

Obviously, the game against the Phins is going to be tough in part because your backs are to the wall, but also because both teams overall are pretty even.

Hope it's a good game with no injuries, no erroneous penalties, and I hope it snows! ;)

Originally posted by Pink_Dove
Most of us saw what the Pats & Colts could do today...i've even had the luck to see the Pats play a couple times..OUR coaching staff and players will have the chance to see what the Pats did today and the rest of the season...
On Offense :

-Brady is a good QB...He's accurate, very aware of what's going on around him...especially if he gets in a groove (like in the first quarter today)...
He seems to have developped something with Faulk...an underrated player who's his safety blanket underneath...
I don't see anything special in Fauria and Graham other than the fact they^re reliable...Their wideouts are small and quick...those crossing routes and slants are a Charlie Weiss staple...
They'll throw them all day if it works...Hopefully Troy Brown will still be out because he's their best wideout (very good at run blocking as well)
Their O-Line is above average...with no noticeable names except Klemm and Andruzzi..keys to the running game...

On Defense:
An underrated defense...Their secondary was in shambles and has somewhat bounced back...Still considered the weak link in my book...The Milloy loss hasnt been forgotten...nevertheless R.Harrison seems to have rejuvenated his carreer and taken Milloy's place as a leader...Like Seau he's fit in well..
The LB's are instinctive and smart...Johnson and Bruschi have been there for years it seems...
The D-Line is overrated..I don't see them as top 5 in the game like some people say...Teddie Washington and Richard Seymour are playing like probowlers...but the ends arn't anything special..most of the pressure comes form the blitz..Mcginest, Bruschi...

We can beat this team but it won't be easy...Showing Brady different looks is imperative...if he gets in a rhytm we're cooked...
Their running game won't be a factor...Ou corners have to TACKLE AND WRAP UP...The patsies get most of their yards after the pass...
On offense our Oline is key...The pats will come with all sorts of blitzes we're going to have to pick up...Jay has to execute and continue the way he's been playing these last 2 games...

Continue with the imput...Pats fans are welcome...as you know your strenghts and weaknesses more than us dolfans...

Well I can agree with most of it. But you are wrong about the Pats secondary. They have made big plays all year and have shut down teams. I think you still have yesterdays game in your head, Indy is a great offensive team and have great receivers. And about us missing Milloy, look at the bills games, Milloy has been burn deep in every game expect the first. He has not lost a step, he has lost two.

We need to adjust to the Pats short passing game, take advantage of the many turnovers that the Pats offer and stay focused and keep up the aggressive, confident approach on offense and 9-4 and 4 in a row will be ours. :cool:

Ricky not running against the pats?

Check the stats buddy.

Ricky OWNS the pats.

In the middle of his slump this season he had 97 yards against the practice squad pats.

I think Surtain and Madison, are going to get a few INT's.

A heavy dose of Ricky to keep Brady off the field.

Konrad will have a big game. To include Gadson, and Mcknight.

Fiedler will also have a few nice rushing plays.

Also - As the Dallas team did, you can play Ricky all you want. They did it in the first half, and we just decided to pass.

Back
Top Bottom