The keys to winning OUR game against the Patsies... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The keys to winning OUR game against the Patsies...

Originally posted by MacAttack
Also - As the Dallas team did, you can play Ricky all you want. They did it in the first half, and we just decided to pass.
please norv, back off the line first, then send ricky!:( ;)

Originally posted by Williams34Phins
All the pats do is quck passes to the wr or te and the screen to faulk, that's all they have.

I guess you purged that Brady to Brown game winning pass in Miami from your memory.

The pats have no gameplan after you take away their initial gameplan, they become confused, and that is when we have to capitalize.

Among those that follow the NFL, there's a fairly strong consensus that Belichick and his staff do the best job of putting together an effective game plan than any other staff.

Originally posted by Bazinet37
[B}We do this, and limit the turnovers, we win easily I think...... [/B]
Originally posted by SkapePhin
If they TACKLE like they should this game SHOULD be secured by the 4th.
Originally posted by ARealFinsFan

Trust me.......this game is a cake walk.

Expecting an easy game, eh?

Let me enlighten you geniuses. The Pats are 33-11 since Brady took over in the third game of the 2001 season. That includes a Super Bowl championship, not to mention a 3-1 record against the Dolphins.
The 2003 Patriots, despite a devastating rash of key injuries, are 10-2. That includes road wins against Miami, Indy, Denver, and Philly; as well as victories over Dallas and Tennessee.

The cold weather is moving into New England, and this is a 4:00 game. The Dolphins were using heaters on the sidelines in Dallas, for crying out loud. This team has a history of folding in December, especially when playing in cold weather. Say what you want, this group has not shown any signs of being able to play in winter conditions.

The Patriots team that takes the field Sunday will be stronger than the team that won in Miami earlier this year. Several of the defensive player who missed that game have returned. Ricky Williams, meet Ted Washington.

With all of this, I don't know any Pats fans expecting an easy win. We have every reason to believe we're going to win, but are expecting yet another close game.
That's fine with us. This team has shown, week after week, that it can find a way to win the close ones.
In Denver, trailing late in the game and pinned back inside their own 5, they took an intentional safety; stopped the Broncos on 3 downs; and drove for the final winning TD.
In Houston, the Texans had a 1st and 10 at the Pats 35 yard line in OT...within range of a winning FG. The Pats D drove the Texans backwards, putting them out of FG range, then drove for their own winning FG.
In Indy, the Pats were hanging onto a 4 point lead in the final minute. The Colts, perhaps the most talented offense in the NFL, had a 1st and goal at the 2. The Pats D stopped them on 4 plays, preserving the win.
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot...
In Miami, Richard Seymour blocked a Mare kick to send the game into OT. Mare had a chance to win the game in OT, and choked. After Fiedler was picked off, Brady hit Troy Brown for an 82 yard TD.

Of course, as any phin fan will tell you, this is all due to luck, the Pats are still a fluke team ready to fall apart.
Keep on thinking that. Expect an easy win. Just make sure you have all your excuses ready one more time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, good job in only quoting half my post. If you read the whole thing, then you would know I said we win easily IF we do some things. I hate when you kids skew what was said to make it sound like something else......:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Bazinet37
Hey, good job in only quoting half my post. If you read the whole thing, then you would know I said we win easily IF we do some things. I hate when you kids skew what was said to make it sound like something else......:rolleyes:
there aren't too many good pats boards, so i wouldn't expect too much from these guys!:rolleyes:

patsfans.com and kffl.com 2 great pats boards.go there and enjoy them.

lol@all they do is screen pass- and forget the deep balls that were completed this year.--- kids

Ted Washington Meet Ricky?

Seems everyone wants a piece of Ricky. Arington did nothing but talk **** on Sunday night, asking for the Real Ricky to stand up. He did, in the endzone.

Its going to be a good game.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
ok, here is what the Pats do.

Bombs. All bombs. Long bombs to Bethal, long bombs to Graham, long bombs the Branch, ect.

This game will be ringing in the minds of Surtain and Madison and they will be jumping short routes more then usual. Pats will go deep. Often.

On defense, we will mix up a 4-6 defense and a 3-4 defense. We will have a guy GLUED to Chambers, Ricky, and McMicheal. Let Jay win it :eek:

That is the plan.

no they wont. if you watch the pats there go to guy is faulk. faulk is the guy who makes that offense go. the others are just add ons to make you think that they are a great passing team. the fact is they dink and dunk and that is what they will do against us compared to INdy. Indy is not a good defense. belechick is no dummy, he knows we play great defense and that brady wont have all day to throw (unless there linemen are allowed to hold all day). they know we have great coverage. the guy to watch is faulk. faulk converts there first downs for them. they will use the bomb at a key point in the game.

that means zach needs to have a big game. the matchup fits us better i think cus they have a rookie center in. seau needs to create havoc and zach needs to cover the middle/Faulk like a glove.

Totally with you on that. The pats have no gameplan after you take away their initial gameplan, they become confused, and that is when we have to capitalize.

You realize you are talking about a coach who is arguably the best coach in the NFL right now? Gameday planning and adjustments are the Pats biggest strength.

You wanna beat them? Hire 1 one their impact players a few days before gameday :lol:

Originally posted by dropKickMurphy

I guess you purged that Brady to Brown game winning pass in Miami from your memory.

Among those that follow the NFL, there's a fairly strong consensus that Belichick and his staff do the best job of putting together an effective game plan than any other staff.

Expecting an easy game, eh?

Let me enlighten you geniuses. The Pats are 33-11 since Brady took over in the third game of the 2001 season. That includes a Super Bowl championship, not to mention a 3-1 record against the Dolphins.
The 2003 Patriots, despite a devastating rash of key injuries, are 10-2. That includes road wins against Miami, Indy, Denver, and Philly; as well as victories over Dallas and Tennessee.

The cold weather is moving into New England, and this is a 4:00 game. The Dolphins were using heaters on the sidelines in Dallas, for crying out loud. This team has a history of folding in December, especially when playing in cold weather. Say what you want, this group has not shown any signs of being able to play in winter conditions.

The Patriots team that takes the field Sunday will be stronger than the team that won in Miami earlier this year. Several of the defensive player who missed that game have returned. Ricky Williams, meet Ted Washington.

With all of this, I don't know any Pats fans expecting an easy win. We have every reason to believe we're going to win, but are expecting yet another close game.
That's fine with us. This team has shown, week after week, that it can find a way to win the close ones.
In Denver, trailing late in the game and pinned back inside their own 5, they took an intentional safety; stopped the Broncos on 3 downs; and drove for the final winning TD.
In Houston, the Texans had a 1st and 10 at the Pats 35 yard line in OT...within range of a winning FG. The Pats D drove the Texans backwards, putting them out of FG range, then drove for their own winning FG.
In Indy, the Pats were hanging onto a 4 point lead in the final minute. The Colts, perhaps the most talented offense in the NFL, had a 1st and goal at the 2. The Pats D stopped them on 4 plays, preserving the win.
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot...
In Miami, Richard Seymour blocked a Mare kick to send the game into OT. Mare had a chance to win the game in OT, and choked. After Fiedler was picked off, Brady hit Troy Brown for an 82 yard TD.

Of course, as any phin fan will tell you, this is all due to luck, the Pats are still a fluke team ready to fall apart.
Keep on thinking that. Expect an easy win. Just make sure you have all your excuses ready one more time.

The patriots are so damn lucky.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom