The Latest 2-round Mock From Kiper & Mcshay | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Latest 2-round Mock From Kiper & Mcshay

I hope we didn't use the 11 pick of the draft on a nickle back. Yes they're important but DE,Corner and a FS are way more important positions plus they already made someone else the highest paid slot corner in the NFL who can't play outside.

I get what you are saying but Flores likes to use 89 DBs. Its not out of the question as it probably shouldn't. Jones and McDonald are not likely in the long term plans. I have no idea how Thornhill stacks up to being the BPA at our spot though.

Corner I understand, but safety? The one position on the team where there are(more than) enough guys?

My two cents, guys like Thornhill, Savage or Adderly are high IQ, athletic, experienced at corner, go anywhere players that excel in diverse scheme defenses like it’s rumored we are going to be running. They are not strictly a Safety and might actually be better fit at CB which of course is a need.

Even if you don’t buy that opinion well out of our current 3 Safeties 2 of them certainly won’t be here next year and might not even be here this year.

With the new defensive scheme it be expected that Miami drafts several DB's with scheme versatility. Thornhill fits that description. But again, can Miami find trade down partners to gain multiple picks within the 2019 draft to help in the rebuild, by being able to select more than once per round.

I get what you are saying but Flores likes to use 89 DBs. Its not out of the question as it probably shouldn't. Jones and McDonald are not likely in the long term plans. I have no idea how Thornhill stacks up to being the BPA at our spot though.
Once Jones is gone and if they decide TJM won't be here either then I can see it. At this point thought we have no starting DE's and nobody to start at Corner other than Howard. We have Tunsil at LT and nothing else. No proven RB or a true #1WR
I think safety can wait.

In 2019 you need as many DBs as ever.

Minkah can easily play what he did in Alabama and be a perennial pro bowler. Getting a true FS would only benefit this team, if anything Minkah needs to be a in the box SS with his talents

Im not sure why people dont get this...people love to think Minkah is going to be a all pro single high safety, that is not his strength. His strength is at the line of scrimmage, period.

I get your fear and, FWIW, I know NOTHING about Finley, BUT, a number of people here keep saying 'if the FO finds a QB they think is THE guy, just GET HIM.' Not 'get the guy I think is the guy.' If Finley is that guy, can't complain.
IF

So you're worried the FO will draft a QB even if they're not convinced he'll be any good?
No. If they believe he's the guy to lead this team moving forward then go for it and I will support the QB

Back
Top Bottom