The Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson

It appears that anytime another team cuts a player they think isn’t good enough for their team, there are always posters on here who think that players is better than the players on the Dolphins roster.
‘Johnson is not better than Brown, Gaskin, or Ahmed and I would rather go with Doaks and Laird than sign Johnson. Perhaps if they are planning to keep 6 RB’s on the roster, Johnson would be a decent practice squad player in case the 5 better RB’s are injured.
I don't know, seems like you see a number of players that are cut from one team hat find a job with another team. I don't think it would be wise to not look at a player just because he's been released by another, seems like like you would be missing out on some players that can help a team's depth. Not saying Johnson would be a lock to make the roster or start, but I don't see a problem letting him compete with Gaskin, Ahmad, Brown and Doaks.

I’m good with a Malcolm Brown that is trending in right direction 7 yrs into his career. Johnson looks finished before he even started.

I suspect there's going to be a few names available

1) Someone from Pittsburgh now that Harris is there? Connor?
2) Someone from Jacksonville now that Etinne is there.
3) New England..Sony Michel is my #1
4) KC...?

Point being there will be a few options before the season starts.

Injuries have been a problem...

Yeah, I'd bring him to camp if he came in at vet minimum, but I'm not sure he'd win the job.

It appears that anytime another team cuts a player they think isn’t good enough for their team, there are always posters on here who think that players is better than the players on the Dolphins roster.
‘Johnson is not better than Brown, Gaskin, or Ahmed and I would rather go with Doaks and Laird than sign Johnson. Perhaps if they are planning to keep 6 RB’s on the roster, Johnson would be a decent practice squad player in case the 5 better RB’s are injured.
That is just stupid. His play at Auburn was miles better than Malcolm Brown or Ahmad could ever touch. He has been injured but his talent is way better than those. Bringing him to see if he is ok is certainly smart. A cheerleader could tackle Ahmad and Brown was the quickness and elusiveness of an Olineman.

This. Everyone wants a ricky Williams again so bad but stock piling trash isn’t the way to accomplish that. If the value isn’t there you keep taking them late in the draft and hope that’s the one.

This isn't a running game league anymore. The bucs won the superbowl passing over 4500 yard and just 1700 rushing yards. KC only ran 1,499 yards on the ground. Had they drafted Robert Hunt maybe they would have had more success in the super bowl, but they drafted a RB ;-). At least Tampa drafted the 2nd best tackle in the league. See where this running game fantasy leads teams? The Ravens, Titans, and etc were the top rushing teams but they went nowhere. One team lost in the wild card round, and the Ravens couldn't even score more than 3 points.

🤣🤣

I suspect there's going to be a few names available

1) Someone from Pittsburgh now that Harris is there? Connor?
2) Someone from Jacksonville now that Etinne is there.
3) New England..Sony Michel is my #1
4) KC...?

Point being there will be a few options before the season starts.
Conner is with the Cardinals.

A former 2nd round pick. All the reason why it’s pretty smart to not touch a back until round 4.

People think Gaskin sucks but yet want to sign Johnson 😂
Why are people acting like teams only keep one running back? I haven't seen anybody saying Gaskin doesn't deserve to make the roster. Some might question if you can get a better starter, but that's a different arguement. I'll put it this way, Johnson will be on a NFL roster as a reserve in 2021... I don't see Miami in a position to say that none of backs on the current roster could be replaced by a formr starter. Johnson is better than Laird and better than Scarlett. What's the problem with letting on of them go and bringing in someone like Johnson to compete?

Back
Top Bottom