The Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson

we had a ton of picks the last 2 years and every opportunity to draft a good young back and...here we are in may of year 3 digging around in the trash heap because our top 2 backs are #3s on most teams.

Williams that use to play for us then went to chiefs. He opted out. Did the chiefs cut him? If so is he free agent?

This thread is kind of timely for me.... I just finished listening to Xs and Omar, and the two of them just kept coming back to the idea that we were (or should) be looking for a veteran back to bring in to the team.

...and I kind of found myself thinking that... umm, did you miss the Malcolm Brown signing? Six year vet, healthier than Gurley or Bell at this point... good in short yardage, catches reasonably well, good on blitz pick ups... Did you miss that signing? I mean, we HAVE our veteran back who can fill several roles.

As far as the rest of the platoon, Gaskin looks pretty good, Ahmed flashed in a game or two, and Doaks is a dark-horse possibility to actually win the starting spot. I'm thinking... why would we bring in a fading vet/progress stopper here?

This thread is kind of timely for me.... I just finished listening to Xs and Omar, and the two of them just kept coming back to the idea that we were (or should) be looking for a veteran back to bring in to the team.

...and I kind of found myself thinking that... umm, did you miss the Malcolm Brown signing? Six year vet, healthier than Gurley or Bell at this point... good in short yardage, catches reasonably well, good on blitz pick ups... Did you miss that signing? I mean, we HAVE our veteran back who can fill several roles.

As far as the rest of the platoon, Gaskin looks pretty good, Ahmed flashed in a game or two, and Doaks is a dark-horse possibility to actually win the starting spot. I'm thinking... why would we bring in a fading vet/progress stopper here?
Because it would be silly not too. Gaskin and Ahmed missed time last year and Brown isn’t an every down back. Keep bringing in guys and keep the best ones.

Because it would be silly not too. Gaskin and Ahmed missed time last year and Brown isn’t an every down back. Keep bringing in guys and keep the best ones.
All RBs miss time... all of them.

So, I'm going to reject that argument.

It's about what you have left.

We may bring in another camp body, but I’d be pretty shocked if our RB room was anything other than a 4 headed platoon of

Gaskin - “Starter”
Ahmed - Change of pace/Scat back
Brown - Short yardage/goal
Doaks - pass blocking/special teams (this year before taking over Browns role in 2022)

We may bring in another camp body, but I’d be pretty shocked if our RB room was anything other than a 4 headed platoon of

Gaskin - “Starter”
Ahmed - Change of pace/Scat back
Brown - Short yardage/goal
Doaks - pass blocking/special teams (this year before taking over Browns role in 2022)
Yep... but I'll add that Doaks has a chance to win the starter job if he shines.

I'm not about to predict that for a Cincinnati RB that I've never really seen play, but his profile says maybe, and he did have some prominent touts who liked him.

I suspect there's going to be a few names available

1) Someone from Pittsburgh now that Harris is there? Connor?
2) Someone from Jacksonville now that Etinne is there.
3) New England..Sony Michel is my #1
4) KC...?

Point being there will be a few options before the season starts.
I think Connor signed with Arizona.

His salary is so low that he’ll most likely get claimed on waivers and we won’t get a crack at him.

I been saying the same thing for some time. Anytime I talked about Gaskins someone in here ended up acting as if I was insane lol. This is a passing league, and I feel Gaskins hands out of the backfield are respectable. We are not going to carry the ball like the Titans, or the Ravens.

Back
Top Bottom