The Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson

It appears that anytime another team cuts a player they think isn’t good enough for their team, there are always posters on here who think that players is better than the players on the Dolphins roster.
‘Johnson is not better than Brown, Gaskin, or Ahmed and I would rather go with Doaks and Laird than sign Johnson. Perhaps if they are planning to keep 6 RB’s on the roster, Johnson would be a decent practice squad player in case the 5 better RB’s are injured.
its telling that the interest jumps on every cut RB yet the same people are happy with the current crop on the team

Grier obviously felt we were more than just a RB away, and our need at S was a much more critical need. I have no problem with that because I’ve felt for awhile that McCain and Lowe were stopgaps. Very possible that one or both will not be on the final roster. As I’ve stated before, Flo is a proponent of the Patriots model which doesn’t put a premium on the RB position. Since 2011 here are the RBs drafted by the Pats:

2012 none
2013 none
2014 James White, 4th
2015 none
2016 none
2017 none
2018 Sony Michele, 2nd
2019 Damian Harris, 4th
2020 none
2021 Rhamondre Stevenson, 4th

Grier obviously felt we were more than just a RB away, and our need at S was a much more critical need. I have no problem with that because I’ve felt for awhile that McCain and Lowe were stopgaps. Very possible that one or both will not be on the final roster. As I’ve stated before, Flo is a proponent of the Patriots model which doesn’t put a premium on the RB position. Since 2011 here are the RBs drafted by the Pats:

2012 none
2013 none
2014 James White, 4th
2015 none
2016 none
2017 none
2018 Sony Michele, 2nd
2019 Damian Harris, 4th
2020 none
Sony Michel was a first round pick.

He’d be worth a look. Y’all complaining are acting like there’s a 1998 Terrell Davis waiting out there, lurking for a job.

It appears that anytime another team cuts a player they think isn’t good enough for their team, there are always posters on here who think that players is better than the players on the Dolphins roster.
‘Johnson is not better than Brown, Gaskin, or Ahmed and I would rather go with Doaks and Laird than sign Johnson. Perhaps if they are planning to keep 6 RB’s on the roster, Johnson would be a decent practice squad player in case the 5 better RB’s are injured.
Wouldn’t happen if Miami addressed the position last week.

Reactions: BSQ

2012 none
2013 none
2014 James White, 4th
2015 none
2016 none
2017 none
2018 Sony Michele, 2nd
2019 Damian Harris, 4th
2020 none
All Miami needs is the best QB in history then.

Last edited:
Johnson would be useful especially as our young OL should show improvement.

He would be a solid part of the rotation and his strengths easily outweigh those of the likes of Laird.

The only issue may be cap/contract value imo.

He won the NFL lottery. Getting released by the Lions before he loses all value.

The Lions cut him, and they suck. Why should he be able to help the Dolphins? Let the guys that are already there play behind a better line. The line coming together is going to improve the running game. Only Barry Sanders could look good behind a crappy line. Emmitt Smith Emmitt Smith, because he played behind a legendary line.

Back
Top Bottom