The Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Lions are waiving RB Kerryon Johnson

Personally speaking I don't think that we need to look at adding a RB at this time.

I want to get into camp and see what we have with Doaks and Brown. There will be an opportunity to add later in the off season and after camps etc.

But then my opinion is useless... Greer and Flo never call me - not sure why???

I been saying the same thing for some time. Anytime I talked about Gaskins someone in here ended up acting as if I was insane lol. This is a passing league, and I feel Gaskins hands out of the backfield are respectable. We are not going to carry the ball like the Titans, or the Ravens.
At this point, I think he looks like a very solid 1b type of committee back... if Doaks works out, we're set.

All RBs miss time... all of them.

So, I'm going to reject that argument.

It's about what you have left.
Well Kerryon played in Detroit....for the Lions....that's going to impact any RB's stats.

I don't think I would call any 23 year old a fading veteran. I'd bring him in as a camp body and see if he's fully recovered from injury and if so can he win a spot.

Not much to lose really.

Multiple knee injuries and just hasn't looked the same as a runner since. He's very good as a pass blocker and not a bad receiver for a RB, but just not explosive anymore.

Our team is developing to where "not bad" may be the norm, sprinkled with some ""pretty good" and one or two "wow's".

I think our base line for players will be solid, smart, tough, flexible and most of all, "coachable". This seems to be how the team is selecting players now.

This. Everyone wants a ricky Williams again so bad but stock piling trash isn’t the way to accomplish that. If the value isn’t there you keep taking them late in the draft and hope that’s the one.

True.

As we get better as a team, our number of potential draftees is likely to decline. That means we are always going to need to look at free agency for some short term fills due to our injuries and sometimes pick up a good player that some desperate team needs to trade off.

Remember Tunsil?

As long as we can get reasonable, short term "show me" contracts, we will be ahead. I read somewhere that NFL players qualify for League retirement benefits after four years of league play. This indicates to me that the league feels players have four years pegged as an average career.

Why are people acting like teams only keep one running back? I haven't seen anybody saying Gaskin doesn't deserve to make the roster. Some might question if you can get a better starter, but that's a different arguement. I'll put it this way, Johnson will be on a NFL roster as a reserve in 2021... I don't see Miami in a position to say that none of backs on the current roster could be replaced by a formr starter. Johnson is better than Laird and better than Scarlett. What's the problem with letting on of them go and bringing in someone like Johnson to compete?

Nothing at all.

we had a ton of picks the last 2 years and every opportunity to draft a good young back and...here we are in may of year 3 digging around in the trash heap because our top 2 backs are #3s on most teams.

I see it as going through a maintenance check to see if we can improve at some positions. This should be an on-going effort by the FO as part of the teams building process and part of our future teams maintenance process. We are not likely to get everything we want from the draft, and remember, more then 50% of all draftees don't "pan out".

Why are people acting like teams only keep one running back? I haven't seen anybody saying Gaskin doesn't deserve to make the roster. Some might question if you can get a better starter, but that's a different arguement. I'll put it this way, Johnson will be on a NFL roster as a reserve in 2021... I don't see Miami in a position to say that none of backs on the current roster could be replaced by a formr starter. Johnson is better than Laird and better than Scarlett. What's the problem with letting on of them go and bringing in someone like Johnson to compete?

Nothing at all.

**** i just realized we cut Chandler Cox...but anyways

If we are going to kick the tires on someone, could it please please please be someone with some kind of speed

Ahmed long career 31 yards
Brown is 4.6+ 40 time long career 20 yards
Doaks looks like a burner at 4.57 had a 72 in college (against Houston who isnt known for defense)
Gaskins 4.58 long career run 27 yards
Laird 4.5 long career run 18 yards
Jordan Scarlett 4.47 (but who?) long career run 6 yards

I know, a guaranteed 4+ ypc is better than the boom or bust, 3 negative plays and then a 40 yarder, but would just be so nice to see us have someone that could break it.

But i guess Kerryon did have a long of 71 his rookie year which equals Brown (20), Gaskins (27), Laird (18), Scarlett (6)

Back
Top Bottom