The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame

The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame. Select your winner!

• Dave Wannstedt

• Nick Saban

• Cam Cameron

• Tony Sparano

• Joe Philbin

• Adam Gase

Results are only viewable after voting.
What a depressing thread....it's entertaining tho. I don't even want to start to rate those coaches. I'll just say I was most disappointed in Saban. I'm just glad we have who we have now, walking our sideline.

Voted Gase, cause really, he had NFI. Philbin was a strong consideration, but didnt have any ball5. Cam Cameron had a rubbish roster.

The question is would Rodgers be Rodgers without the proper coaching. If I remember correctly Rodgers throwing motion had to be rebuilt from the ground up. On the Dolphins he wouldn't have the luxury of sitting on the bench for 3 years to watch a legend. Who knows what throwing him on the field year 1 would have done to his psyche. Maybe he'd be a good QB regardless but would he be the HOF legend he is now? Who knows.

You could ask the same question of Drew Brees, who hadn’t been near as good in SD as he eventually was in NO. And wouldn’t have been in Sean Payton’s offense.

That’s the problem with hypotheticals.

However, knowing what we know about Nick Saban now — I’ll lean on believing he’d have figured it out with talents like Rodgers or Brees.

Wro
Wannstadt also got screwed by rickys sudden retirement.
Let's set the record straight on Ricky's "sudden retirement":
Wrongstat promised Rickey he would "bolster the OL to help his bell cow at RB", then he drafted a "winebacker' for special teams. He did not sign or draft one OL in that offseason. Rickey said F U *ickhead, I'm not carrying the rock another 400 times behind that line...

This thread has made me love Flores even more.

I picked Wannstedt because I hated him and he ruined what was one of top team's in the NFL. Wannstedt's record look impressive but he wasted such a talented team. His drafts were terrible and ruined so many elite players in there prime. 2000s were a joke because of him.

Picked Cameron as well. Read an article where Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas knew right away they were screwed with him as a head coach. I'll give him a little credit as his the roster did lose a lot of starters to injured reserve. Can't believe Miami picked him over Tomlin.

Hate that Saban lied but can't hate on him too much. He's built a powerhouse in Alabama. Sparano was just okay. Philbin's teams were always underwhelming. Gase just got really lucky in 2016 with all the clutch plays Miami had. Saw later that he was overrated as an offensive genius and a really bad head coach

Random question Wanny.... can you make Matt Patricia your avatar again... for purposes of rallying both the Pens and Cats in the hockey playoffs... please?

I think the Cats are about to be eliminated tonight. Waited too long to start Spencer Knight. Competent goaltending would have won Game 4. It's unfortunate, but the team has played way above its talent level, especially after losing its best and most experienced blue liner to a broken leg down the stretch. But sure.

Don't agree. I wasn't posting here at the time, but at the place where I was, we all were tremendously upset when we found out it was Culpepper. Everyone knew we were screwed right on the spot.

Daunte Culpepper was an absolute fraud and was also coming off of a very serious injury. It was a horrendously bad decision.

I don't blame Saban because the Doctors told him Culpepper was the healthier option. The reports were Saban had dinner with Brees and was ready to sign him but the team doctors told him the procedure Brees had on his shoulder was a shot in the dark for lack of a better term. Knowing what we know now, a Saban-Brees pairing probably would of won multiple titles and Jason Taylor, in a Nick Saban defense, would of undisputedly been a first ballot hall of famer instead of surprising some people by making it in on his first try.

I absolutely blame Saban because Daunte Culpepper sucked regardless of how busted his knee (oops! turned out it was busted!) happened to be.

The only thing I’ll remember about Gase is his love for bubble screens and short passes on 3rd and long

Dont see how anybody picks gase over philbin. The bullying scandal and the part where philbin never won more than 8 games. Gase made playoffs. Yes , easy schedule I get it. But philbin had easy schedules too and didn't make playoffs. But the biggest sin was getting tannehill beat up so that his body broke down with us. At least gase has excuse of not having a starting qb most of his tenure. What is philbin's excuse? Finally, Philbin wasted tannehills first 4 years and by his 5th year the pressure was on tannehill to produce or be replaced. All cause of philbin sucked for his first 4 years. How the hell did philbin get 3 full years and 4 games into his 4th season. I get Gase was awful with the jets , but he was a lot worse with jets than us. If i compare philbin and gase tenure. Philbin no winning seasons, no playoffs, healthy teams and qb. He was the worse coach except for cam cameron. But I hate philbin more.

Back
Top Bottom