The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame

The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame. Select your winner!

• Dave Wannstedt

• Nick Saban

• Cam Cameron

• Tony Sparano

• Joe Philbin

• Adam Gase

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sparano and Saban don't belong on this list. Saban is a bad person and made horrible decisions as the GM, but was a good coach. Sparano was not brilliant, but if he had been given a good team and not actively undermined by fat retard Bill Parcells and antisocial midwit Jeff Ireland, probably would have been fine.
Agree w all of this. Under Saban we would start slow then get into a groove and string wins together despite not having a QB. You could see he was going to be successful if he got a competent QB. Sparano teams played hard.

Agree w all of this. Under Saban we would start slow then get into a groove and string wins together despite not having a QB. You could see he was going to be successful if he got a competent QB. Sparano teams played hard.

To this day, I maintain my belief that if Saban had signed Drew Brees and remained the coach here, the Dolphins would have won a championship in that time.

How does George Wilson not have a spot in this list?

I know Wilson won at DET, but he had Griese, Csonka, Kiick, Morris, Anderson, Fernandez, etc. for several seasons and couldn’t manage better than 3-5 wins.

Shula replaced him and the team immediately jumped to double digit wins.

Wilson’s .286 win percentage is 2nd worst in franchise history.

To this day, I maintain my belief that if Saban had signed Drew Brees and remained the coach here, the Dolphins would have won a championship in that time.

Screw Drew Brees. It’s only through revisionist history that decision can really be mocked.

Brees had a very serious injury. Not only that, he wasn’t that great in SD either. Org’s weren’t exactly lining up for him.

I’ve never ridiculed Saban or the Dolphins for passing on Brees.

The huge mistake Saban and the Dolphins made was in the 2005 draft. They held the 2nd pick.

Saban opted for Ronnie Brown because he was “familiar” with him having coached against him in the SEC.

I get that numerous teams ended up passing up on Aaron Rodgers. But that was a huge surprise. He was a legit candidate.

Rodgers was the QB that should have been in MIA. And had Saban drafted him and stuck it out, I believe the Dolphins win multiple championships and change the course of history for Belecheat, Brady and the Cheatriots.

The defenses Saban would have built and maintained along with having Rodgers to lead the offense would have kept MIA in contention a long while.

Screw Drew Brees. It’s only through revisionist history that decision can really be mocked.

Don't agree. I wasn't posting here at the time, but at the place where I was, we all were tremendously upset when we found out it was Culpepper. Everyone knew we were screwed right on the spot.

Daunte Culpepper was an absolute fraud and was also coming off of a very serious injury. It was a horrendously bad decision.

Don't agree. I wasn't posting here at the time, but at the place where I was, we all were tremendously upset when we found out it was Culpepper. Everyone knew we were screwed right on the spot.

Daunte Culpepper was an absolute fraud and was also coming off of a very serious injury. It was a horrendously bad decision.

I didn’t position it as a Brees versus Culpepper thing. If that’s the route you wanna go, I agree with you. I certainly preferred Brees over Culpepper, injuries and all.

I’m saying folks are focused on the wrong mistake. Saban and the Dolphins shouldn’t have been after either injury questionable QB. They held the #2 pick in the draft. And didn’t select a QB. Despite needing one.

I thought SF would take Rodgers, but they surprised and did not. The Dolphins should have been jumping for joy. Instead, they took Ronnie Brown.

That decision hurt much more than bypassing a moderate QB (to that point in time) that was coming off a significant injury to his throwing arm.

Saban being less familiar with the talent outside the SEC is what hurt him the most in not landing a franchise QB. Rodgers was the consensus top QB in the 2005 draft and was a much safer bet than either Brees or Culpepper.

That’s what gets glossed over every time this subject comes up.

Random question Wanny.... can you make Matt Patricia your avatar again... for purposes of rallying both the Pens and Cats in the hockey playoffs... please?

He was a pretty bad game day coach whos teams choked in key moments. But yeah, on paper his W/L was good.

For me, it’s not Cam Cam - just one season and QBs like Jeff Beck and Cleo Lemon. He was clueless but the only good player he had was Ronnie Brown. For me it’s Adam Gase - what a ****tard. Going like 100 straight first quarters w/out a TD or whatever it was was brutal. Watching the team go 1-11 on 3rd downs every week was equally brutal. He was a total fraud and he gets my vote because he lasted too long.
Wanny's second half adjustments were non-existent, or plain awful most of the time. He did have a lot of talent on those teams so his record wasn't awful.

If he didn’t have final say in the draft, Miami might have actually been a strong playoff contender, despite his deficiencies.

Cameron clearly lost the team. The incident with Joey Porter was as telling as the 1-15 record.

Gase somehow got the Dolphins to the playoffs in his first year, but clearly that was an aberration.

I am not even sure why there would be a debate. Cam Cameron isn’t qualified to be a high school head coach, much less an NFL head coach.
All the other coaches listed certainly had their issues as a head coach but none of them were even close to being as inept as Cameron.

I can distinctly remember sitting waiting for rehearsal to start, a day or 2 after the draft, talking to a Cal grad and bemoaning the Dolphins (and lotsa other teams, but I cared about the Phins) passing on Rogers. Rogers, along with Luck and Eli Manning were my top QB prospects of all time. OTOH, I think I was for getting Brees, but not that strongly at all. How right and wrong I was.

Brees had a very serious injury. Not only that, he wasn’t that great in SD either. Org’s weren’t exactly lining up for him.

I’ve never ridiculed Saban or the Dolphins for passing on Brees.

The huge mistake Saban and the Dolphins made was in the 2005 draft. They held the 2nd pick.

Saban opted for Ronnie Brown because he was “familiar” with him having coached against him in the SEC.

I get that numerous teams ended up passing up on Aaron Rodgers. But that was a huge surprise. He was a legit candidate.

Rodgers was the QB that should have been in MIA. And had Saban drafted him and stuck it out, I believe the Dolphins win multiple championships and change the course of history for Belecheat, Brady and the Cheatriots.

The defenses Saban would have built and maintained along with having Rodgers to lead the offense would have kept MIA in contention a long while.
The question is would Rodgers be Rodgers without the proper coaching. If I remember correctly Rodgers throwing motion had to be rebuilt from the ground up. On the Dolphins he wouldn't have the luxury of sitting on the bench for 3 years to watch a legend. Who knows what throwing him on the field year 1 would have done to his psyche. Maybe he'd be a good QB regardless but would he be the HOF legend he is now? Who knows.

The question is would Rodgers be Rodgers without the proper coaching. If I remember correctly Rodgers throwing motion had to be rebuilt from the ground up. On the Dolphins he wouldn't have the luxury of sitting on the bench for 3 years to watch a legend. Who knows what throwing him on the field year 1 would have done to his psyche. Maybe he'd be a good QB regardless but would he be the HOF legend he is now? Who knows.
Good point. Same question with Brees too.

When Wanny passed on Brees, Miami had a strong running game with Ricky Williams. That certainly would have helped.

Had Miami taken Rodgers, the talent around him was very poor. It might have taken awhile, or he may not have made it. Hard to say.

Maybe it's recency bias but I think Adam Gase is the worst. An egomaniac and a fraud all wrapped into one. Happy he suckered the Jets into hiring him, though. Joe Philbin easily number two for many of the same reasons (being Aaron Rodgers' cheerleader and Mike McCarthy's coffee boy), but also as a woefully ineffective leader of men who had no control of the locker room.

Cameron was handed a **** roster and was in over his head from minute one - I grant him a mulligan.

I was going to vote for Gase as number one.
Then he went to NY and ruined the Jets, and stopped the Jets from getting TL. So I put him as 2 behind Cam.

Joe Philbin by far. He was the one that started the trend of us moving away from the old school type offensive linemen to these weight bully sumos that have been stinking up our line ever since. What sucks is that Flores seems to like these same types of linemen. I have very little hope that Hunt and Kindley well ever amount to anything more than replacement level players.

Back
Top Bottom