The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame

The Miami Dolphins worst football Coach Hall of Fame. Select your winner!

• Dave Wannstedt

• Nick Saban

• Cam Cameron

• Tony Sparano

• Joe Philbin

• Adam Gase

Results are only viewable after voting.
I vote for philbin

he allowed bully scandal
He allowed players and their wives to cause problems in the locker room. Miki grimes
He wasted tannehiills first 4 years. By the time gase got here there was pressure to replace tannehill
he got tannehill killed. His body broke down under gase

he never made playoffs, he never had above 8 wins. He allowed us to lose final two games to miss playoffs

Philbin made gase seem like a hall of fame coach.
I voted for Cameron...That guy was over his head the day he signed the contract. To me....Philbin is a close 2nd. They guy should have stood on the sideline with the big Clown shoes and the round red nose. If you’re going to act like a clown....You might as well look like one.

Cam is running away with it. One lucky win in 16 games

That's hard to top

But he did bring us the FB that runs thru dry wall

:lol:

That was the highlight of that season :bobdole:

I hate see Tua go but it going take Tua 2 to 4 yr before he is ready..flo ain't going wait that long.
u are right tua will most likely take 5-8 years to develop. Very smart thinking, forum really help me see that

If you want to see what a out of his depth head coach looks like go back and watch 2012 Hard knocks. All episodes are on the NFL throwback youtube channel. Philbin had zero business being a head coach. His team talks were laughable and he couldn't even look players in the eye when he was talking to them.

Wanny was the worst by virtue of the fact that he inherited an AMAZING defense, could have and SHOULD have been an all time great defense with a super bowl championship, and he just absolutely tanked the team.
Those late season collapses in 02-03 and 03-04 were absolutely abysmal and are all on him and Norv Turner.... And Fiedler.
Then the catastrophic 04 off season. 2nd round pick for AJ Feely. Ricky retiring. David Boston breaking his leg cuz steroids turned his bones into syringes (lol). Horrible 2004 with 4-12 record leading to years and years and years of utter mediocrity.

Wanny was the worst by virtue of the fact that he inherited an AMAZING defense, could have and SHOULD have been an all time great defense with a super bowl championship, and he just absolutely tanked the team.
Those late season collapses in 02-03 and 03-04 were absolutely abysmal and are all on him and Norv Turner.... And Fiedler.
Then the catastrophic 04 off season. 2nd round pick for AJ Feely. Ricky retiring. David Boston breaking his leg cuz steroids turned his bones into syringes (lol). Horrible 2004 with 4-12 record leading to years and years and years of utter mediocrity.
Wanny had a team built and his wins were based on that. Had he started from scratch then we would have done to us what he did to the bears. He spent a total 6 seasons with the bears, and literally destroyed the franchise with horrible picks. Maybe he was a great defensive coordinator, but a horrible talent evaluator, and horrible team management. The bears couldn't even recover for a decade just like we did.

Make your selection for worst Miami Dolphins Coach!
Coaches​
Record​
Accomplishments​
Leave more worthless feedback​
Dave Wannstedt73-422 playoffs berths, division championship, systematically destroyed the team for years giving away draft picks like grubhub coupons.
Nick Saban15-17Bailed on the franchise. Made a smart move for himself.
Cam Cameron1-15Who is this guy?
Tony Sparano
29-32Dave Wannstedt in disguise. Same porstache, same bad decision, same lame post conference quotes. Minus GM destroying skills, and minus being gifted a talented defense. We also won a division championship under Wanny Jr.
Joe Philbin24-28Looking like Mr. Burns
Adam Gase23-25Surprised he is still a head coach in the nfl.

You basically answer your own question here. Many of these guys were merely inadequate for the role or roles given to them, but some had a far larger blast radius than the others--I'm looking at you, Mr. Wannstedt. He took over a team with a hall of fame defense and chose Jay Fiedler to be the QB. We wasted drafts and draft picks due to poor talent evaluation, and when we could have had a top 10 QB he was unreachable for the whole gosh darn day. So, consequently, we did not get Hasselbeck and we did not get led by Hasselbeck to the Superbowl... we stuck with Fiedler.

Just inexcusable.

Clown-worthy.

We had an elite defense. At times we had an explosive running game. All we needed was a guy like Hasselbeck.

The runner up is Joe Philbin. The team didn't really become clownish until his antiques arrived. They drafted Ryan Tannehill. They cuffed Ryan Tannehill. Philbin's locker room festered with Tannehill hate. There never seemed to be any unity with the front office. It was just an awful string of years to follow this team. Love or hate Ryan Tannehill, he made careers for Hartline and Bess and gave Wallace his best season ever, and in return they assassinated his character once off the team. Thugs will be thugs, and that was the Joe Philbin locker room atmosphere. Can't forget the rest of the clown show that went on with the other guys I've selectively chosen to forget the names for.

I could consider the Bill Parcells-Tony Sparano situation a close third. While the first couple of seasons were some of the most competent Dolphins football I've seen, they were far from being a truly good team. They lacked talent pretty much overall. Consequently, I'll never understand a team that selects a lineman over a top shelf QB prospect like Matt Ryan. The other team that passed on him for a lineman was just as big a piece of **** as the Dolphins until they finally made the right choice early in the first round.

Last edited:
I'm just happy someone was smart enough to dump Cameron after one year
His win loss record was terrible but weren’t we competitive for the most part? I think I remember us losing most of our games by a FG or something like that.

You basically answer your own question here. Many of these guys were merely inadequate for the role or roles given to them, but some had a far larger blast radius than the others--I'm looking at you, Mr. Wannstedt. He took over a team with a hall of fame defense and chose Jay Fiedler to be the QB. We wasted drafts and draft picks due to poor talent evaluation, and when we could have had a top 10 QB he was unreachable for the whole gosh darn day. So, consequently, we did not get Hasselbeck and we did not get led by Hasselbeck to the Superbowl... we stuck with Fiedler.

Just inexcusable.

Clown-worthy.

We had an elite defense. At times we had an explosive running game. All we needed was a guy like Hasselbeck.

The runner up is Joe Philbin. The team didn't really become clownish until his antiques arrived. They drafted Ryan Tannehill. They cuffed Ryan Tannehill. Philbin's locker room festered with Tannehill hate. There never seemed to be any unity with the front office. It was just an awful string of years to follow this team. Love or hate Ryan Tannehill, he made careers for Hartline and Bess and gave Wallace his best season ever, and in return they assassinated his character once off the team. Thugs will be thugs, and that was the Joe Philbin locker room atmosphere. Can't forget the rest of the clown show that went on with the other guys I've selectively chosen to forget the names for.

To be honest with you, I added Sparano there, but I felt bad after that. He really was Wanny part two except he didn't **** up the team, and inherited a built team. As for Philbin I agree.

Back
Top Bottom