***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 116 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muck said:
Exactly. Chicago has given the league the blueprint on how to defend Wade. Wade needs to make perimeter shooting his priority for improvement once again this offseason (along with improving defensively). When great defensive teams take away his ability to get within 15 feet from the basket, his offensive game largely dries up. If he becomes able to consistently hit 20+ foot shots, he'll be nearly impossible to defend. Just like when Jordan came back with that fadeaway jumper. It just wasn't fair. :lol:

Chicago still cant stop him....for whatever reason it just took Riley 3 quarters to start running set plays for Wade instead of just having him try to take his man off the dribble every time. Give the guy a couple screens to run off of every once in a while. What Wade and Miami really need is what they thought they were getting in Walker. A big man who can pull out the opposing bigs to the three point line and open up the lanes. But Walker actually needs to hit a three before anyone pays attention to him.

walker did well on defense, but he needs to start hitting his shots

Hey..I just noticed that I didn't chime in..:sidelol:

The game wasn't as close as it seemed...

The Bulls shot the ball about as good as a team can shoot the ball anywhere, anytime...

We had great defense on the perimeter and they still hit shots.

Payton played LOCK DOWN DEFENSE in the 4th on Gordon...(The old man still has some drops left in the tank!)

Toine played a GREAT floor game...he needed to be more aggressive in the 4th when Nocioni was guarding him face to face...

SHAQ dominated...if we fed him more..he would have had a monster game..

As it was..he played efficiently with 27 pts. 16 rebs and 5 blks...

Had ZO played...it would have been a 15 to 20 point win....our second unit in the 3rd..let them get in the game...

Haslem needs to relax..especially when we were already short on big men...

Prime Time said:
Shaq dominated. Wade needs to step it up. If Chicago can keep him like this throughout the series, other teams will know how to shut him down....

Are you serious?

Wade scored 14 points in the 4th quarter. Overall, he finished with 30 points & 11 assists. There is no "slowing Wade down" - he slows himself down when he doesn't allow the game to come to him. Sure, he did not play great basketball, but he played good enough to take the game over in the 4th quarter. Truthfully, as long as Wade takes the game over at the end, I could care less. People keep talking about his scoring, yet I believe he had 14 in the first half, but most importantly...he had 8 assists and it should've been more. He was passitive the entire game, then he took over in the 4th.

Wade just needs to slow it down and allow the game to come to him. He'll have his annual breakout, 55% shooting game in game 2 or 3. That's my word..........

Blueprint said:
Are you serious?

Wade scored 14 points in the 4th quarter. Overall, he finished with 30 points & 11 assists. There is no "slowing Wade down" - he slows himself down when he doesn't allow the game to come to him. Sure, he did not play great basketball, but he played good enough to take the game over in the 4th quarter. Truthfully, as long as Wade takes the game over at the end, I could care less. People keep talking about his scoring, yet I believe he had 14 in the first half, but most importantly...he had 8 assists and it should've been more. He was passitive the entire game, then he took over in the 4th.

Wade just needs to slow it down and allow the game to come to him. He'll have his annual breakout, 55% shooting game in game 2 or 3. That's my word..........

He didnt play poorly in the first half either, he dished out 8 assists in the first half alone, and thats with sitting a lot of the first quarter

They didnt shut him down, he just didnt try and force anything, he didnt play his best game, but he showed when he wants to score he will score

Section126 said:
Hey..I just noticed that I didn't chime in..:sidelol:

The game wasn't as close as it seemed...

The Bulls shot the ball about as good as a team can shoot the ball anywhere, anytime...

We had great defense on the perimeter and they still hit shots.

Payton played LOCK DOWN DEFENSE in the 4th on Gordon...(The old man still has some drops left in the tank!)

Toine played a GREAT floor game...he needed to be more aggressive in the 4th when Nocioni was guarding him face to face...

SHAQ dominated...if we fed him more..he would have had a monster game..

As it was..he played efficiently with 27 pts. 16 rebs and 5 blks...

Had ZO played...it would have been a 15 to 20 point win....our second unit in the 3rd..let them get in the game...

Haslem needs to relax..especially when we were already short on big men...

Yes - Chicago was on fire. They were defended well, yet still hit the shots over defenders. That is not something that will happen every night in a 4-7 game (most likely 4 or 5 if you ask me!) series. Chicago's only chance is to rely on hitting that outside shot consistently like that, every game, and that's horrible. You cannot expect to beat a team like Miami who has Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade to kill you inside, like that.

Yes - Gary Payton locked Ben Gordon down in the 4th. I was still worried about Gordon shooting over Payton, because it seems like **** was just dropping for him, but Payton guarded him so close that he couldn't even touch the ball (not to mention Nocioni tried to be the hero, lmfao).

Yes - Antoine Walker impressed me with his floor management and his defense. Toine played 42 minutes and he controled the ball more than expected, and he only turned it over 2 times, and I think both were bad passes (unlike his usual drive to the basket, and lose the ball when it gets there). He also chipped in with 4 steals. If he can continue to play like this, AND hit more shots in the process, because he missed a lot of wide open looks, then it will be all the better for Miami.

Yes - Shaq dominated, and he's not like Chicago's shooting. He will continue to dominate throughout the series and further down in the playoffs. Like Greg Anthony said, he looked like the 28-year old Shaq. Expect him to continue playing like that.

Yes - Had Alonzo Mourning played, this came wouldn't of been nearly as close. Although Miami outboarded Chicago 46-40, Chicago capitolized off of a lot of offensive boards, in which Zo probably would've outmuscled those little punks up front for Chicago.

Yes - Haslem needs to relax. This year, I don't know what has gotten into him. He's going at the refs much more than usual, but from what I've seen, he's always been a crybaby. He needs to cry inside and stop letting it out though, because he's hurting the team. :lol:

Alex22 said:
He didnt play poorly in the first half either, he dished out 8 assists in the first half alone, and thats with sitting a lot of the first quarter

They didnt shut him down, he just didnt try and force anything, he didnt play his best game, but he showed when he wants to score he will score

^If anybody disagrees with that, then you're officially a "Wade hater"

Blueprint said:
Yes - Chicago was on fire. They were defended well, yet still hit the shots over defenders. That is not something that will happen every night in a 4-7 game (most likely 4 or 5 if you ask me!) series. Chicago's only chance is to rely on hitting that outside shot consistently like that, every game, and that's horrible. You cannot expect to beat a team like Miami who has Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade to kill you inside, like that.

Yes - Gary Payton locked Ben Gordon down in the 4th. I was still worried about Gordon shooting over Payton, because it seems like **** was just dropping for him, but Payton guarded him so close that he couldn't even touch the ball (not to mention Nocioni tried to be the hero, lmfao).

Yes - Antoine Walker impressed me with his floor management and his defense. Toine played 42 minutes and he controled the ball more than expected, and he only turned it over 2 times, and I think both were bad passes (unlike his usual drive to the basket, and lose the ball when it gets there). He also chipped in with 4 steals. If he can continue to play like this, AND hit more shots in the process, because he missed a lot of wide open looks, then it will be all the better for Miami.

Yes - Shaq dominated, and he's not like Chicago's shooting. He will continue to dominate throughout the series and further down in the playoffs. Like Greg Anthony said, he looked like the 28-year old Shaq. Expect him to continue playing like that.

Yes - Had Alonzo Mourning played, this came wouldn't of been nearly as close. Although Miami outboarded Chicago 46-40, Chicago capitolized off of a lot of offensive boards, in which Zo probably would've outmuscled those little punks up front for Chicago.

Yes - Haslem needs to relax. This year, I don't know what has gotten into him. He's going at the refs much more than usual, but from what I've seen, he's always been a crybaby. He needs to cry inside and stop letting it out though, because he's hurting the team. :lol:

I would have liked to see Walker take Chandler off the dribble more when he was being guarded by him, he did it once and Chandler almost fell backwards, there is no way Chandler can step out and guard Walker.

Haslem is an emotional guy.....he said he was throwing the mouthpiece at the ground, which he may have been because he did bounce it at the official, but he still threw it in the officials direction and deserved the ejection, but at least he doesnt cry on the court like Adam Morrison :lol:

anyone go to south beach last nite?!?! the place was ****ing crazy!!!

who do you guys think we match up better against? the Pacers or the Nets? I think the Nets because the Pacers have too many good players. with the Nets you just focus on 3 main guys

Pacers. We have beaten them before in the playoffs...and the Nets have beaten us a few times this year.

Prime Time said:
Pacers. We have beaten them before in the playoffs...and the Nets have beaten us a few times this year.

?

We also beat the nets 4-0...last year.

This Heat team hasn't played the pacers in the playoffs.

How bout this:

It doesn't matter, both of them can only hope to win 2 games against the heat.

Section126 said:
?

We also beat the nets 4-0...last year.

This Heat team hasn't played the pacers in the playoffs.

How bout this:

It doesn't matter, both of them can only hope to win 2 games against the heat.

but my Wizards could beat you guys :D

just kidding guys :couch:

Prime Time said:
Pacers. We have beaten them before in the playoffs

Not a good reason; that was the team with Rookie Wade, Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Eddie Jones, etc. The only 2 players still on that team = Wade & Haslem, who were both rookies anyways. We loss that series 4-2.

Prime Time said:
and the Nets have beaten us a few times this year.
They beat the injured Heat a few times this year. By the 2nd round, everybody will be healthy & hopefully nobody else gets hurt between now & then.

It's a toss up for me, personally. Krstic wouldn't be a factor against Miami, Jason Kidd never causes us any damage, Vince Carter is a playoff CHOKER, and honestly, Richard Jefferson doesn't scare me one bit; he's overrated. As for Indiana, Jermaine O'Neal & Peja are two guys who can kill us for 4 quarters. Stephen Jackson is officially a Heat killer; don't forget that. I do however, believe that Shaq would EASILY dominate, and I believe Wade would be able to dominate as well, which is why I am truly rooting for Indiana. I just see some matchup problems against New Jersey without Eddie Jones to completely BLANKET one of their perimeter threats as he did last year. I kind've wonna play NJ to shut the world up (many predict NJ over Miami in round 2), but to make things a bit easier on Shaq & co. for round 3, I'd rather play Indiana who I feel cannot beat us in Miami, with the playoffs atmosphere, in "Shaq Mode"........at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom