***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 117 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haslem is suspended for tonight.

Wade will play. (people are making too much about his "cramps")

ZO is a game time decision.

Who starts at PF?

Simien?

Section126 said:
Haslem is suspended for tonight.

Wade will play. (people are making too much about his "cramps")

ZO is a game time decision.

Who starts at PF?

Simien?
Miami should split Simein and Doleac at the PF spot tonight, Wright should get some playing time

I figure it'll be Walker at 4 and Posey at the 3.

Doleac is the backup C....he never is on the floor with Shaq. If Mourning gets back he will resume his normal role of rotting on the bench. Miami's defense is bad enough, him being in there just compounds the problems.

Wright isnt available...he was left off the playoff roster. I assume Simien will get the starting nod, but with the success Chicago was having with its small lineup, I wouldnt be suprised to see both teams go small at times. Shandon Anderson could see time at the 4 to matchup with Deng or Nocioni. If they go big with Sweetney and Chandler you have to put Walker out there b/c of the matchup problems it creates.

Ferretsquig said:
Doleac is the backup C....he never is on the floor with Shaq. If Mourning gets back he will resume his normal role of rotting on the bench. Miami's defense is bad enough, him being in there just compounds the problems.

Wright isnt available...he was left off the playoff roster. I assume Simien will get the starting nod, but with the success Chicago was having with its small lineup, I wouldnt be suprised to see both teams go small at times. Shandon Anderson could see time at the 4 to matchup with Deng or Nocioni. If they go big with Sweetney and Chandler you have to put Walker out there b/c of the matchup problems it creates.
good to know, I had no idea Wright was left off the roster

Ferretsquig said:
Miami's defense is bad enough, .

You see..I don't get this..

It has been a theme all year for people to say that the heat plays "bad" defense...

Yet..The give up a lower FG% than the Pistons, are the #1 rebounding team in the league, and they will have TWO 1st or second team ALL-NBA players in ZO and Wade...

Section126 said:

It has been a theme all year for people to say that the heat plays "bad" defense...

Yet..The give up a lower FG% than the Pistons, are the #1 rebounding team in the league, and they will have TWO 1st or second team ALL-NBA players in ZO and Wade...

I agree.. The Heats only problem is that wing players sometimes get hot against the Heat because other than Posey and Wade, the rest of the guys playing the 1,2, and 3 are well below average defenders.. Having Shaq and ZO in the back makes up for alot of bad D upfront. The Heat are one best D's in the league..

Muck said:
I figure it'll be Walker at 4 and Posey at the 3.

Thats what im thinking

Id like to see Simien get in the game though, there is no better place to get experience than the playoffs

NBA suspending Haslem = trying to make sure tonight's game is a good one. Wade is playing, Zo right now from what I heard "may" play, and the team is finally getting healthy and back on track. It just figures the NBA would go over their heads & suspend Haslem. Initially, when I saw the play, after laughing for a good 45 minutes, I was pissed. However, you can tell Haslem did not throw his mouthpiece at the ref; he threw it to the floor in direction of the bench. Haslem throws that mouthpiece almost every night; whenever he gets frustrated. Crawford seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

NBA is hurting one team by trying to pick up a bigger audience. Shame.....

Blueprint said:
NBA suspending Haslem = trying to make sure tonight's game is a good one. Wade is playing, Zo right now from what I heard "may" play, and the team is finally getting healthy and back on track. It just figures the NBA would go over their heads & suspend Haslem. Initially, when I saw the play, after laughing for a good 45 minutes, I was pissed. However, you can tell Haslem did not throw his mouthpiece at the ref; he threw it to the floor in direction of the bench. Haslem throws that mouthpiece almost every night; whenever he gets frustrated. Crawford seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

NBA is hurting one team by trying to pick up a bigger audience. Shame.....

:yeahthat:

If Zo plays this is a blowout anyway

vs the Pistons I think we need Shaq and Zo on the floor at the same time at certain points in the game, bringing Haslem off the bench is a HUGE upside for this team, Haslem isnt gonna Guard Rasheed Wallace, and Neither is Shaq, but I think its a task Zo is up for, he wouldnt shut him down, but he is definitly oure most mobile big man, and it wouldnt take Shaq out from under the rim

the suspension is no big deal, the Heat would beat the Bulls with just Wade and O'Neal

Section126 said:

The Heat as a team suck on defense. The only thing that keeps them from being Toronto or NY is Shaq and 'Zo. Just look what they become when Doleac is in the game. The backcourt players just cant keep their man in front of them.

Wade gets praise for the spectacular plays he makes and he deserves it. His leaping ability lets him block shots and the quick hands gets him steals. But hes not a great defensive player. There is a difference between making plays on defense and playing good defense. Posey is the only starter the Heat have that plays defense, and even he has been a relative dissapointment in comparison to his days in Memphis.

Thats the main reason I dont see them getting by the Pistons. Last year's Pistons couldnt hit the three, but this year Rip, Chauncey, 'Sheed, and Prince are burying them. And against the Heat you get a lot of open looks on the perimeter.

You guys are really ****y for a team that won by 6 points(3 being gimmie end game foul points against a 7 seed. You really think shaq will play that good twice in a row the guy is a 50% free throw shooter, law of averages says he shoots bad from the line following his 5-6 performance. Do you really think only gordon will show up for the bulls tonight. We had our chance to steal one and we got close, but we have just a good of chance to beat you today. Haslem was throwing it at crawford BTW, that thing went awful far for him to say he was just throwing it at the ground. He deserved to be ejected, suspended I dont know, but I will say this if anyone does it again I bet it will be more than a 1 game suspension. Haslem was an idiot and should have known to keep his emotions in check. This is no diffrent than tyson getting suspended against washington last year.

WestCoastPhins said:
You guys are really ****y for a team that won by 6 points(3 being gimmie end game foul points against a 7 seed. You really think shaq will play that good twice in a row the guy is a 50% free throw shooter, law of averages says he shoots bad from the line following his 5-6 performance. Do you really think only gordon will show up for the bulls tonight. We had our chance to steal one and we got close, but we have just a good of chance to beat you today. Haslem was throwing it at crawford BTW, that thing went awful far for him to say he was just throwing it at the ground. He deserved to be ejected, suspended I dont know, but I will say this if anyone does it again I bet it will be more than a 1 game suspension. Haslem was an idiot and should have known to keep his emotions in check. This is no diffrent than tyson getting suspended against washington last year.

I'll take Shaqs chance at playing that good again over the Bulls chance of making that many rainbow 3's again

You will never hear me talk bad about the Bulls, I like their team, but realisticly you probally wont win 2 games in this series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom