***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 394 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing Orlando did was get rid of Steve Francis. He's a real puss.

Dwight Howard should be an All-Star next year. Talk about a guy who will be the next best most dominant player of the new era? If so, you can't talk about that without mentioning his name. I like the potential of Jameer Nelson as well, and they've got a few guys who I could see as being effective role players on a successful team...Darko Milicic, Hedo Turkoglu, Deshawn Stevenson, and Carlos Arroyo. One potential good role player to look out for? Trevor Ariza. He'll be a RFA this year, but keep that kid. He's got great length and a lot of room for improvement in many different aspects of his game. I think he can become an excellent defender in this league.

Orlando's got a very bright future, and somebody will fall to them at #11, although this isn't a good draft. I like Patrick O'Bryant to team up with Dwight Howard in the future, potentially bringing Darko off the bench. A lot of people have talked about Dwight Howard staying at Center, and if that's the case, then Shelden Williams should be there. I like Reddick as a sharpshooter too.

Clippers are, and will always be my second favorite team. But I follow all teams, and maybe the Magic a bit more than most others outside of Miami & the Clips because they're in Florida. NBA Package is a great yearly package to have, especially having the opportunity to see Dwight Howard go nuts on Philly towards the end of the season! I remember watching that game, he put up 28/26! :eek:

Blueprint said:

Dwight Howard should be an All-Star next year. Talk about a guy who will be the next best most dominant player of the new era? If so, you can't talk about that without mentioning his name. I like the potential of Jameer Nelson as well, and they've got a few guys who I could see as being effective role players on a successful team...Darko Milicic, Hedo Turkoglu, Deshawn Stevenson, and Carlos Arroyo. One potential good role player to look out for? Trevor Ariza. He'll be a RFA this year, but keep that kid. He's got great length and a lot of room for improvement in many different aspects of his game. I think he can become an excellent defender in this league.

Orlando's got a very bright future, and somebody will fall to them at #11, although this isn't a good draft. I like Patrick O'Bryant to team up with Dwight Howard in the future, potentially bringing Darko off the bench. A lot of people have talked about Dwight Howard staying at Center, and if that's the case, then Shelden Williams should be there. I like Reddick as a sharpshooter too.

Blue, I'd be happy with either of the Duke All-Americans. I'd love Rodney Carney too.

I'd bust out the champaigne if somehow we could trade up for Randy Foye.

What the Magic need more than anything else is a 2 guard with some defensive chops who can run the floor and mesh with Jameer Nelson's drive-and-kick game. In their perfect world, they'd find a way to get Brandon Roy, but he'll be long gone.

The aforementioned JJ Redick lacks the defensive chops, but would surely thrive from the increased attention paid to Howard's low post game and Nelson's drives to the hoop. The downside is that a tandem of Nelson and Redick might be the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA.

Edit: Randy Foye, mentioned above, would also work, though again, I think they need to think defense-first.

phunwin said:
What the Magic need more than anything else is a 2 guard with some defensive chops who can run the floor and mesh with Jameer Nelson's drive-and-kick game. In their perfect world, they'd find a way to get Brandon Roy, but he'll be long gone.

The aforementioned JJ Redick lacks the defensive chops, but would surely thrive from the increased attention paid to Howard's low post game and Nelson's drives to the hoop. The downside is that a tandem of Nelson and Redick might be the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA.

Edit: Randy Foye, mentioned above, would also work, though again, I think they need to think defense-first.

I think their #1 need is a big athletic, defensive 3. But I agree with you about the 2 guard.

I'd be very happy if they drafted JJ, but I'd bring him off the bench like a Steve Kerr. The Magic have the most free agent money in the NBA and hopefully they can go after a vet 2-guard while JJ would develop.

Blueprint said:

Clippers are, and will always be my second favorite team. But I follow all teams, and maybe the Magic a bit more than most others outside of Miami & the Clips because they're in Florida. NBA Package is a great yearly package to have, especially having the opportunity to see Dwight Howard go nuts on Philly towards the end of the season! I remember watching that game, he put up 28/26! :eek:

I was at that game!! He was an animal!!! :eek:

DolphinDevil28 said:
I think their #1 need is a big athletic, defensive 3. But I agree with you about the 2 guard.

I'd be very happy if they drafted JJ, but I'd bring him off the bench like a Steve Kerr. The Magic have the most free agent money in the NBA and hopefully they can go after a vet 2-guard while JJ would develop.

That could work, too. A big, athletic defensive three could probably do the same things as a 2 if he was athletic enough. Scottie Pippen frequently guarded the best 1, 2, or 3 on the other team, for example. (Of course, there's no Scottie Pippen to be found in this draft.) And I believe that's the kind of thing the Magic need; something to prevent opposing point guards from exposing Nelson.

In a perfect world, Redick gets drafted in the middle of round 1 to a team that can bring him off the bench as a 6th or 7th man, play him 20-25 minutes and let him stretch the defense with his long range shooting. The Steve Kerr/Dale Ellis/Dell Curry role would be ideal for him. I still think he can be at least mediocre on defense; he's a hard worker, and defense is mostly effort. But, I think I'm the only person who thinks that.

Random Thought but if Im building a team this is who I want

PG - Wade
SG - Kobe
SF- Artest
PF- Ben Wallace
C- Shaq

Thats my dream team.....

phunwin said:
That could work, too. A big, athletic defensive three could probably do the same things as a 2 if he was athletic enough. Scottie Pippen frequently guarded the best 1, 2, or 3 on the other team, for example. (Of course, there's no Scottie Pippen to be found in this draft.) And I believe that's the kind of thing the Magic need; something to prevent opposing point guards from exposing Nelson.

In a perfect world, Redick gets drafted in the middle of round 1 to a team that can bring him off the bench as a 6th or 7th man, play him 20-25 minutes and let him stretch the defense with his long range shooting. The Steve Kerr/Dale Ellis/Dell Curry role would be ideal for him. I still think he can be at least mediocre on defense; he's a hard worker, and defense is mostly effort. But, I think I'm the only person who thinks that.

Agree.

Regardless, I'm still and always will be enraged that we took Fran "Drescher" Vazquez last year over Danny Granger.

Remember that athletic, defensive 3 man I was talking about?

Yeah....

Alex22 said:

PG - Wade
SG - Kobe
SF- Artest
PF- Ben Wallace
C- Shaq

Thats my dream team.....

That team would hold opponents to under 35% shooting, but I don't think they'd get along. :lol:

DolphinDevil28 said:
That team would hold opponents to under 35% shooting, but I don't think they'd get along. :lol:

They might kill eachother but hey as long as we win :lol:

Artest and Wallace and you have the best defensive team in the league

Shaq and Kobe dont need to talk....just play

Alex22 said:

PG - Wade
SG - Kobe
SF- Artest
PF- Ben Wallace
C- Shaq

Thats my dream team.....

Or how about this one?

The all-Heat/Magic team:

C: Shaq
PF: Dwight Howard
SF: Grant Hill (if healthy) if not, Walker
SG: Dwyane Wade
PG: Jameer Nelson

Bench: Zo, Udonis Haslem, Jason Williams, Keyon Dooling

THAT team would kick butt.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Or how about this one?

The all-Heat/Magic team:

C: Shaq
PF: Dwight Howard
SF: Grant Hill (if healthy) if not, Walker
SG: Dwyane Wade
PG: Jameer Nelson

Bench: Zo, Udonis Haslem, Jason Williams, Keyon Dooling

THAT team would kick butt.

The Miami Magic :yes:

Thats actually a pretty sick team :eek: Id give Nelson and Williams nearly equal minutes

Alex22 said:
The Miami Magic :yes:

Thats actually a pretty sick team :eek: Id give Nelson and Williams nearly equal minutes

I was thinking the same thing, I just gave Nelson the start because he's a more consistent shooter. They're both good passers.

my all time heat team..:hmmm:

c-shaq (of course :lol:)
pf- mourning
sf-glen rice
sg-Wade
pg-tim hardaway

6th man-steve smith

bench-
thunder dan
eddie jones
walker
j-will