***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 768 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Section126 said:
I can't believe that Avery Johnson is making such a clown out of himself.

He just dressed down a reporter because he wouldn't say that it was a BS call on Wade's drive.

I saw that :shakeno:

not cool on Avery's part

Blueprint said:
I find it hilarious. :lol:

I thought Jason Terry was gonna break something, maybe the camera......

He has lost it.

I can't believe what I am watching.

Riley didn't say a peep when Chicago got a 31 to 5 free throw advantage after we took it 3 to 1 to the basket. (In a 5 point game)

Avery has lost it...the Mavs just don't look like champions...huh?

He is now upset because "We played great defense and all of a sudden..Gary Payton gets a layup...we don't know what to do in that situation."

I don't know Avery...maybe...DON'T ALLOW A LAYUP when you are up 1 with 30 seconds left? MAYBE?????????

Maynard said:
i dont share your perspective, so i dont know. but 25 free throws for one guy is criminal.

there wasnt a single person watching that game that can say they werent confident, if not certain, that wade was going to get the ball and get a foul call at the end

You're right, I knew that was gonna happen but oh well

Maynard said:
he is a fine player. but tonight was too much to stomach for the general basketball fan

You have problems with your stomach...I will have problems with my liver on how drunk I am gonna get when we win this damn thing.

i liked avery but he's really starting to bother me...that was a joke what he did to that reporter...who was from dallas!!!! the way he hndled the stackhouse thing....he's like a mosquito

I think Dwayne Wade is amazing!! But now J WIlliams TOine Wlaker Shaq and ETC are getting old!! Miami needs to get younger around Wade if they wanna win Chapionships??

Agree

Well, my prediction today was accurate again. I wrote Dallas would rebound with a big effort and the game was too tough to call. That Miami would score less, in the 80s or low 90s. That held up without OT. Don't be jerks and count that bonus 5 minutes against me in terms of the point total.

Now it's theoretically a 50/50 series. Dallas is basically a 2/1 favorite in both games at home, based on win probability related to pointspread.

I'm a big Heat fan and am rooting for them, but as a handicapper I still like Dallas to win it. The road team probably can make only one stand among the two games. The other one they get blown out. So the Heat need to decide whether they contest game 6 or game 7.

It's probably a better idea to challenge game 6, now that you have the supposed momentum with 3 straight wins. Home teams inevitably win game 7, like the Spurs last year. This series is very reminiscent of Knicks/Houston in '94, Pat Riley's last trip to the finals. John Starks missed a 3 pointer than would have won game 6 and the championship for the Knicks in game 6, then Houston won big in game 7.

The simple prediction for game 6 would have occurred if Dallas had won this game. The Mavericks would have destroyed the Heat start to finish in game 6. No way Miami could have responded after losing a devastating game like this on their home court.

I was rooting for the Heat tonight, but at the same time realizing a Dallas win would have set up a simple betting opportunity for me in game 6. Would have been cupcakes.

trate121hb said:
i liked avery but he's really starting to bother me...that was a joke what he did to that reporter...who was from dallas!!!! the way he hndled the stackhouse thing....he's like a mosquito

THE REPORTER WAS FROM DALLAS...and he refused to say that it wasn't a foul...and Avery wasn't having it. LOSER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom