***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 769 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirk says "OBVIOUSLY" more than FIEDLER used to say "and uhhhh"

Awsi Dooger said:
Well, my prediction today was accurate again. I wrote Dallas would rebound with a big effort and the game was too tough to call. That Miami would score less, in the 80s or low 90s. That held up without OT. Don't be jerks and count that bonus 5 minutes against me in terms of the point total.

Now it's theoretically a 50/50 series. Dallas is basically a 2/1 favorite in both games at home, based on win probability related to pointspread.

I'm a big Heat fan and am rooting for them, but as a handicapper I still like Dallas to win it. The road team probably can make only one stand among the two games. The other one they get blown out. So the Heat need to decide whether they contest game 6 or game 7.

It's probably a better idea to challenge game 6, now that you have the supposed momentum with 3 straight wins. Home teams inevitably win game 7, like the Spurs last year. This series is very reminiscent of Knicks/Houston in '94, Pat Riley's last trip to the finals. John Starks missed a 3 pointer than would have won game 6 and the championship for the Knicks in game 6, then Houston won big in game 7.

The simple prediction for game 6 would have occurred if Dallas had won this game. The Mavericks would have destroyed the Heat start to finish in game 6. No way Miami could have responded after losing a devastating game like this on their home court.

I was rooting for the Heat tonight, but at the same time realizing a Dallas win would have set up a simple betting opportunity for me in game 6. Would have been cupcakes.

who cares about ur betting man...we won and will take game 6

I am so hyped right now, one game away from the title. Last year we were minutes from the Finals. What a difference a year makes.

Section126 said:
THE REPORTER WAS FROM DALLAS...and he refused to say that it wasn't a foul...and Avery wasn't having it. LOSER.

i was unimpressed with the way avery handled the stack suspension and the howard timeout, but i didn't take offense to the question of the reporter. how hard is it to give your own opinion when asked?

Awsi Dooger said:
Well, my prediction today was accurate again. I wrote Dallas would rebound with a big effort and the game was too tough to call. That Miami would score less, in the 80s or low 90s. That held up without OT. Don't be jerks and count that bonus 5 minutes against me in terms of the point total.

Now it's theoretically a 50/50 series. Dallas is basically a 2/1 favorite in both games at home, based on win probability related to pointspread.

I'm a big Heat fan and am rooting for them, but as a handicapper I still like Dallas to win it. The road team probably can make only one stand among the two games. The other one they get blown out. So the Heat need to decide whether they contest game 6 or game 7.

It's probably a better idea to challenge game 6, now that you have the supposed momentum with 3 straight wins. Home teams inevitably win game 7, like the Spurs last year. This series is very reminiscent of Knicks/Houston in '94, Pat Riley's last trip to the finals. John Starks missed a 3 pointer than would have won game 6 and the championship for the Knicks in game 6, then Houston won big in game 7.

The simple prediction for game 6 would have occurred if Dallas had won this game. The Mavericks would have destroyed the Heat start to finish in game 6. No way Miami could have responded after losing a devastating game like this on their home court.

I was rooting for the Heat tonight, but at the same time realizing a Dallas win would have set up a simple betting opportunity for me in game 6. Would have been cupcakes.

I can't believe HOW much I disagree with your assesment on betting strategy.

The Heat lose this game..the safest bet you can make is a bet on the Heat in Game 6 with a parlay into a bet on Dallas in Game 7.

Now...all bets are off as they say....accept that Miami is a 2-1 favorite to win the series. (REAL numbers...call the MGM)

Blueprint said:
Dirk says "OBVIOUSLY" more than FIEDLER used to say "and uhhhh"

gotta give him some slack for that: english isn't his first language, and he probably knows more than two.

Shaq:
"We're going to a hostile arena, and we know they're gonna be complaining again about today"

:roflmao:

THANK GOD STACKHOUSE COMES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(The Mavs are better without him...he takes shots from Dirk and Terry.)

Look at the shot output and Terry and Howard took ALL of Stack's shots...ALL OF THEM.

Ask yourself this...would you rather have Terry and Howard taking STack's shots or them even out the shots between them?

ac_lanham said:
Good luck, this series is definitely yours now. Dallas' defense reverts back to their 2003 and 2004 form in the 4th qtr.

Yeah..that is another thing.

Wade having the flu in game 1 is the only reason this thing isn't over tonight.

ac_lanham said:
Good luck, this series is definitely yours now. Dallas' defense reverts back to their 2003 and 2004 form in the 4th qtr.

Not yet brotha, we have to win it on your floor.Were 0-2 on your floor.

Section126 said:
THANK GOD STACKHOUSE COMES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(The Mavs are better without him...he takes shots from Dirk and Terry.)

Look at the shot output and Terry and Howard took ALL of Stack's shots...ALL OF THEM.

Ask yourself this...would you rather have Terry and Howard taking STack's shots or them even out the shots between them?
I agree - definitely more efficient throughout.

Of course, he has the ability to break loose, but when he's off...guess what? He doesn't stop shooting and easily becomes a liability. Marquis Daniels plays efficiently offensively and isn't gonna hurt the team, plus he's a very athletic and good defender. Nonetheless, I really like our chances in Game 6. We've gotta get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom