***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 900 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blueprint said:
Nope; no picks @ all........

Isnt there a rule that you have to have at least one pick?

Nevermind I remember now

Its you have to have at least one pick for each round in two years

Example - We have to have a first next year because we didnt this year

Or something to that effect

We have no picks at all this year???

Were going to have good free agency signings this year, I hope!!!

This is hilarious!! :lol:
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12107

"Marc Stein: (3:02 PM ET ) But first I will start with a story that I'm sure all my friends in Miami will enjoy. Remember when Wade grabbed the rebound on Jason Terry's missed three at the end of Game 6 and hurled the ball high in the air? Guess where it landed?

Marc Stein: (3:03 PM ET ) Yup. It came down straight at me courtside. Bounced right in my face. Don't think he was aiming at me, though, because if he was, he'd have hit me given how hot he was in these Finals. "

We'll be good. Remember, it's hard to find a good player in the draft outside of the lottery, where the chances still aren't all that high unless you're picking at the top.

We're good mostly because we have Dorell Wright & Wayne Simien.

If Zo does infact retire, where do we look to replace him, I mean who would be out there to sign???

Blueprint said:
We'll be good. Remember, it's hard to find a good player in the draft outside of the lottery, where the chances still aren't all that high unless you're picking at the top.

and a MLE To use right?

Blueprint said:

Dorell will be a star, and Simien will be a solid contributer

FinNasty said:
Rob... really though... do we have the power to change whether it is called "world champions" or "continental champions" or whatever? no... so dont complain to us. Write an email to David Stern or whatever...

And really, why do you care? How does it effect you?

Why does it have to "affect" me personally for me to object to it?

Though that attitude does typically sum America up--if it has nothing to do with me, I don't care!

And no, you don't have the power to change how the NBA refers to the champs, but you can refer to them as NBA champions instead of world champions.

Dubfire said:
Yes indeed.

I am still in a daze.

Die hard Heat fan since the days of John Sunvold, Rony Seikaly and Rory Sparrow.

The last 24 hours have been very surreal and I still feel like I'm in a dream.

It's been a long time coming and I am so happy for Zo and Riles.

damn, man, you remember those early Miami-Orlando matchups? both teams were bad but hated each other regardless. I miss those days :). nothing like the game in which Kite fought Seikaly.

RobFins2005 said:
Why does it have to "affect" me personally for me to object to it?

Though that attitude does typically sum America up--if it has nothing to do with me, I don't care!

And no, you don't have the power to change how the NBA refers to the champs, but you can refer to them as NBA champions instead of world champions.

Considering the fact that the best players from other countries want to play in the NBA I have no problem calling them world champs

cmax13 said:
sure they were, the best players in the world are invited to play for the teams on this continent. unfortunately, until the logistics of world travel can be done in a few hours, a "true" (according to you) world championship can't be explored.

in the interim, this is the best of the best, which is in essence a world championship.

i'd be willing to bet any nba world champion team could beat any team from any other league in the world in a seven game series. unfortuantely, we'll never get to test that theory.

i'd sure be willing to bet money on this heat team, at this point in time, against any team in the world.

You're missing my point. I'm not even remotely suggesting that we should invite European teams to play in the league. It wouldn't work. Your point on the fact that European players play in the league does not hold because A. they are still in the minority, albeit less of one than ten years ago, and B. they play for teams based in the States.

But I'm not saying let's HAVE intercontinental play, just don't call the team World Champions. When a college football team wins the title, are they world champions, or national champions? The latter is what they're always called. The argument that "well they would have won anyway" doesn't fly. Yes, I realize it is the bigwigs that call the champs this moreso than the fans, but it doesn't mean I can't criticize it.

It's typical American arrogance to proclaim themselves the "world champs" at a league that only fields teams on one continent.

Alex44 said:
Considering the fact that the best players from other countries want to play in the NBA I have no problem calling them world champs

beh, I give up, everybody keeps reciting the same recycled cliches and nobody understands the irony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom