***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.*** | Page 914 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maynard said:
if the heat had a consistent 3rd option, they wouldnt have to rely on a low-scoring defensive player to step up in game 6

All these deficiencies....yet...they are the friggin champions.

This team is fine.

Replace this...get rid of that...

We must have not won anything.

Maynard said:
i've seen him play in a bit in the regular season and through the playoffs. he is a good defender who can knock down an occaisional 3 and has unimpressive stats. intangibles are great, but the tangibles aren't bad either
A very versitile defender who shot CLUTCH 3 pointers throughout the playoffs and shot an average close to 50% beyond the arc.

Also, we don't have a consistent 2nd option in scoring. So how are we going to get a 3rd consistent option without the 2nd? Let's just hope Dorrell Wright can become that 2nd option this coming season.

Shaq is getting old and inconsistent. Unless he loses 100 pounds and goes back to being what he was in Orlando (which he won't), then our only main scoring option is Dwyane Wade.

It's time to find someone for the future. Shaq isn't even the best center in the league anymore. I mean, even Ericka outplayed him in the playoffs. What does that make Shaq? Shaqira? There were times that Alonzo Mourning had a better impact in the game than Shaq. Sure, he had some moments in which he shined, but DAMN he had alot more horrible moments.

Shaq needs to get alot of work done in the gym this offseason to back up his guarantee for next year. Also, he should restructure that huge contract he has because his performance in the playoffs was not worth paying for; spent alot of time keeping that seat warm on the bench with the foul trouble. Also, he's getting old and his body is giving up. Just like Alonzo, Shaq can't no longer be a 30 minutes a game type of player (and there are 48 minutes in a complete game..).

The reality hurts, because we DID just win the championship. But that's how it is. Every team is gearing up for next season, alot of teams have improved through the draft and a couple of trades-- we have yet to make a move.

I am waiting for free agency to come up already. Hopefully we can pick up Rasual Butler and Bobby Jackson as well. Who knows, maybe we can get Tim Thomas if Phoenix continues to be cheap. I really don't know why we let Rasual go, especially when he was starting to breakthrough in the 2005 playoffs, but he's a free agent now. :)

Shaq played pretty damn well throughout the playoffs. He only really struggled vs. the Mavs. I think people forget that because their last memory was of him in the Finals....

Vertical Limit said:
Shaq is getting old and inconsistent. Unless he loses 100 pounds and goes back to being what he was in Orlando (which he won't), then our only main scoring option is Dwyane Wade.

. :)

Are you kidding?

Shaq is weighing 325 now....if he lost 100 pounds...he would be dead. The lightest he has ever been was 303 (at LSU)...in Orlando he weighed 305 to 310. He is at his proper weight.

100 pounds? :lol:

For the last time...SHAQ is shooting the highest FG% in his career in Miami...he is just shooting less.

Inconsistent my ***. Ask the Pistons what happened to them.

BTW..we "let Rasual Go" in a trade...maybe you remember it? It only brought Posey, J-Will and Toine...oh...and a championship.

Maynard said:
if the heat had a consistent 3rd option, they wouldnt have to rely on a low-scoring defensive player to step up in game 6

I forgot that you have to score 15 points a game and play no defense to make an impact

Just because he doesnt score the points doesnt mean he doesnt have a huge impact on our scoring, he knocks down all his 3 pointers, and when his man doesnt score because he is playing great D, that gives us a shot to score the other way

He might not score 15+ a game but the plays he makes have the impact of a 12 to 15 point a game scores

Alex44 said:
I forgot that you have to score 15 points a game and play no defense to make an impact

Just because he doesnt score the points doesnt mean he doesnt have a huge impact on our scoring, he knocks down all his 3 pointers, and when his man doesnt score because he is playing great D, that gives us a shot to score the other way

He might not score 15+ a game but the plays he makes have the impact of a 12 to 15 point a game scores
Exactly - unlike guys like Stackhouse who comes off the bench to score 13 a game, yet gives up 15-20+ to whoever he's guarding. :lol:

Maynard said:
i've seen him play in a bit in the regular season and through the playoffs. he is a good defender who can knock down an occaisional 3 and has unimpressive stats. intangibles are great, but the tangibles aren't bad either

Stats aren't everything. He's not a good defender..he's a great defender. Always there who to take the charge. Where's that stat at?

byroan said:
Stats aren't everything. He's not a good defender..he's a great defender. Always there who to take the charge. Where's that stat at?
Question..
Where do you find those banners on your sig? Because I see several people here with them.

In the Graphics forum. There's a banner thread stickied there where you can request them.

Dwyane Wade is expected to sign a 5-year/$80 million extension by the end of the month.

-Marc Stein

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom