The most underrated Dolphins in history? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The most underrated Dolphins in history?

Howard Twilley.Taken in the expansion year at a time when teams made available their worst players he was the only player taken that stuck around for a few years.Short and slow all he did was catch everything thrown his way.

Mike Kolen.Drafted in the 8th round he wouldnt have made in the NFL if it hadnt been for the strike shortened season.After that year he settled in at the LB spot and was one of the biggest hitter on the team for several years thus his nickname "Captain Crunch"

Jon Geisler.Kutchenberg,Fernandez were all great players who never got much credit because they were overshadowed by their team mates.

Tony Nathan,Nat Moore, didnt get the credit they deserved.Gadsden had his moments too.Don "Stroke" Strock was great coming off the bench and almost pulled out a win in one of the greatest games ever played the epic in Miami against the Chargers.(Sorry Dooger I know you disagree but it was a great game)

Common You Guys , The Most Underrated Dolphin Of All-time Is Thurman Thomas When He Got Here, The Dude Was A Stud, Didnt You See Him Play, Either Him Or My Heart Tells Me It Was John Avery The Guy Was So Fast He Ran His Way Out The Nfl. Im Just Joking Guys In My Honest Opinion It Has To Be Ray Lucas The Dude Was Awsome Didnt You See The Guy Play Against The Bills?? Not Once But Twice Thats My Guy............

Marion is on my overrated list. Fast, good hitter, but no instincts at safety. Always took the wrong angle on the receiver/runner.

Underrated: Bernie Parmalee, Larry Gordon, Jimmy Cefalo, Glenn Blackwood, OJ McDuffie, Jeff Cross

T.J. Turner - did an above average job as a nose tackle the last time they played the 3 -4
Bob Baumhower - Turner's predecesor at the nose tackle position.
Benny Malone - did a respectable job as the running back for a couple of years.
Doug Betters - Double digit sacks several years.
Karim Abdul Jabbar - Was above serviceable for several years even had a 1000 yd season. Jimmy and Wanny :cry: tried to upgrade without much success until the dreadlocked dope smoker. :fire:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oronde Gadsden

and Cecil Collins, I thought he was very good for us before he got into trouble

Tony Paige...the "Total Package" A loose bowling ball of a blocker with beautiful soft hands....Marco Coleman....also maybe Tony Martin......Overrated.....Scott Mitchell and Rob Konrad. Jim Jensen.....man everybody on the defense knew on 3rd down that Marino would look his way.....and 80% of the time was wide open....for some crazy reason.

Nighthawk said:
Dale Earnhardt?

I vote for Darrius Rucker - "Yea I'm such a baby and the Dolphins make me :cry: "

Hah, Darrius Rucker...you know I sent him an email once asking him if he was a Dolphins fan or what the deal was with those lyrics. He never responded though.

Back
Top Bottom