***The NHL Trade Deadline Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The NHL Trade Deadline Thread***

unifiedtheory

Thank you #54...
Reaction score
Well, it's that time of year again.

One little rumour I just heard. Brad Richards to Dallas for Mike Smith, Phillip Boucher and a pick. The Bolts need to move salary to resign Boyle and give Vinny an extension, they need a goalie and Mike Smith is ready to be a #1.

Is Sundin going anywhere?

Jokinen?

Is Marian Hossa going to Montreal? Boston?

Should be fun, post your trades and rumours!

Excellent thread bro. :)

The word is out: Cliff Fletcher wants a fleet in exchange for Mats Sundin. One GM points out that the veteran Maple Leafs centre falls into the same category as similar players such as Peter Forsberg or Keith Tkachuk, players traded last season for large packages.

“Those guys get you a player, a prospect, and a first-round pick,†the GM said. Of the offers he has received thus far, Fletcher said, “There have been a bunch of row boats offered for a battleship. There’s nothing on the front burner right now.â€

I still think Anaheim should go out and offer Bobby Ryan, and a pick. I can't see any team in the league beating them if they were to make that deal, especially with Nieds and Selanne back. The best news for me is Kaberle's refusal to rescind his no trade clause. You're not going to get the value you want from Tomas and he's the kind of player with his style that can play another 10 years at a high level. Hopefully someone bites on Tucker, Blake or Mccabe.

What do you think of the Hossa for Kessel rumours ? The B's are reportedly the leading candidate as of now. Liles and the Suter kid out of Nashville are two other names I've heard out of Boston.

A trade I would really really like to see would be Fedorov go to Ottawa. Prospal would be fine as well. As long as they get softer - didn't think it was possible, but Bryan Murray is running that team in the ground, and I couldn't be happier.

lol, I totally forgot about the NHL Trade Deadline..... I want my Bruins to get someone

The word is out: Cliff Fletcher wants a fleet in exchange for Mats Sundin. One GM points out that the veteran Maple Leafs centre falls into the same category as similar players such as Peter Forsberg or Keith Tkachuk, players traded last season for large packages.

“Those guys get you a player, a prospect, and a first-round pick,†the GM said. Of the offers he has received thus far, Fletcher said, “There have been a bunch of row boats offered for a battleship. There’s nothing on the front burner right now.â€

I still think Anaheim should go out and offer Bobby Ryan, and a pick. I can't see any team in the league beating them if they were to make that deal, especially with Nieds and Selanne back. The best news for me is Kaberle's refusal to rescind his no trade clause. You're not going to get the value you want from Tomas and he's the kind of player with his style that can play another 10 years at a high level. Hopefully someone bites on Tucker, Blake or Mccabe.

What do you think of the Hossa for Kessel rumours ? The B's are reportedly the leading candidate as of now. Liles and the Suter kid out of Nashville are two other names I've heard out of Boston.

A trade I would really really like to see would be Fedorov go to Ottawa. Prospal would be fine as well. As long as they get softer - didn't think it was possible, but Bryan Murray is running that team in the ground, and I couldn't be happier.

The Kessel (and more, maybe Lashoff and a pick) for Hossa thing has been bugging me BIG TIME. The Bruins are NOT going to the Finals, in fact if they even make the playoffs they are going to be first round fodder. Trading away one of your top young forwards and a quality prospect (Lashoff) and a high pick for a guy who you get to have on your team for 6 weeks is a TOTAL joke.

If I am Chiarelli I don't do anything that involves Kessel or one of my top prospects. The team is built to win 2-3 years from now when Tuuka Rask is winning Vezina trophys.

Now, I preface this all by saying that I am all for adding a top 4 defenseman that has some term left on his contract because that is a HOCKEY deal not a pipe dream/save my *** by getting into the playoffs deal.

On the Prospal thing, I have a slight feeling he could end up in Vancouver for Schneider and a pick.

The Kessel (and more, maybe Lashoff and a pick) for Hossa thing has been bugging me BIG TIME. The Bruins are NOT going to the Finals, in fact if they even make the playoffs they are going to be first round fodder. Trading away one of your top young forwards and a quality prospect (Lashoff) and a high pick for a guy who you get to have on your team for 6 weeks is a TOTAL joke.

If I am Chiarelli I don't do anything that involves Kessel or one of my top prospects. The team is built to win 2-3 years from now when Tuuka Rask is winning Vezina trophys...

Now, I preface this all by saying that I am all for adding a top 4 defenseman that has some term left on his contract because that is a HOCKEY deal not a pipe dream/save my *** by getting into the playoffs deal.

On the Prospal thing, I have a slight feeling he could end up in Vancouver for Schneider and a pick.

and Pinky is still cursing at JFJ about that trade.

As long as the Sabres are in contention for a playoff spot I don't think Campbell will be moved. Partly because no contender is going to give the Sabres a piece that will help them now. Speculation is 6 mil will get it done. Darcy Regier is patient to a fault in negotiations. Though with Briere at -24 which even Dom couldn't spin into a positive and Drury with 44 points it appears those two had inflated stats because of playing in Buffalo.

Everybody is in it so it's hard to determine the buyers and sellers. One thing that the Maple Leafs need is to find a team to dump some salaries on and start over. I've seen bad Leafs teams but last night was just pathetic.

Sabres offered 3/18 for Campbell and he turned down because he wants a longer deal.

Darren Dreger said on TorFan590 that NYI has interest in McCabe. The reported rumor has Andy Sutton to Toronto for McCabe. Sutton makes about half of what mccabe makes and is out 4-6 weeks with a partially torn hammy however you can trade players who are hurt according to dreger.

and Pinky is still cursing at JFJ about that trade.

...and UT has so many assumptions about Tuuka and has put so much pressure on him (as has the rest of the Bruin fans) that anything short of a Patrick Roy like career would be considered a monumental disappointment...LOL!

As long as the Sabres are in contention for a playoff spot I don't think Campbell will be moved. Partly because no contender is going to give the Sabres a piece that will help them now. Speculation is 6 mil will get it done. Darcy Regier is patient to a fault in negotiations. Though with Briere at -24 which even Dom couldn't spin into a positive and Drury with 44 points it appears those two had inflated stats because of playing in Buffalo.

Everybody is in it so it's hard to determine the buyers and sellers. One thing that the Maple Leafs need is to find a team to dump some salaries on and start over. I've seen bad Leafs teams but last night was just pathetic.

Sabres offered 3/18 for Campbell and he turned down because he wants a longer deal.

I always thought Briere was a bit overrated and Drury is what he is, a guy that is clutch and leads but paying him like a 100 point scorer/franchise player would have been stupid for the Sabres.

Campbell is different in my opinion. He's a legit #1 defenseman and if I am Darcy I give him the term he is looking for to keep him unless someone wants to give them the always popular "top prospect/young roster player/first round pick" for him and he knows he has no chance to keep him. As good as the Sabres development system is they just can't keep losing top players and getting nothing in return.

You are right about the Leafs. If I'm Fletcher I am willing to give away anyone on my roster accept Sundin and Kaberle who both demand a good return. Gut the thing, clear the cap room, get picks and build it right instead of the half assed way the Leafs have seemed to do things since the dawn of time.

I always thought Briere was a bit overrated and Drury is what he is, a guy that is clutch and leads but paying him like a 100 point scorer/franchise player would have been stupid for the Sabres.

Campbell is different in my opinion. He's a legit #1 defenseman and if I am Darcy I give him the term he is looking for to keep him unless someone wants to give them the always popular "top prospect/young roster player/first round pick" for him and he knows he has no chance to keep him. As good as the Sabres development system is they just can't keep losing top players and getting nothing in return.

You are right about the Leafs. If I'm Fletcher I am willing to give away anyone on my roster accept Sundin and Kaberle who both demand a good return. Gut the thing, clear the cap room, get picks and build it right instead of the half assed way the Leafs have seemed to do things since the dawn of time.

Campbell and Dan Boyle are not at the top of the defenseman pyramid. Though I think both will be paid like it because teams are always looking to make a splash. I think the talk is hurting Campbells performance of late. Getting the 6th seed in the East is like winning the lottery. Whoever gets it will play a team that I believe is the worst among all playoff teams. A month or so ago I would've thought that Ottawa was clearly head and shoulders above everybody in the East now I think it's alot of parity. Skill wise I still take the Sens but I have hated there goaltending for 3 seasons now. I think the East comes down to whatever goaltender gets hot.

If the Sabres trade Campbell I think Regier would be killed if he doesn't get a guy who can help immediately. Losing Briere and Drury was a PR nightmare.

Darren Dreger said on TorFan590 that NYI has interest in McCabe. The reported rumor has Andy Sutton to Toronto for McCabe. Sutton makes about half of what mccabe makes and is out 4-6 weeks with a partially torn hammy however you can trade players who are hurt according to dreger.

:wacky:

If that were to happen. I want draft picks, and young players, unless we're planning on rivaling Cirque du Soleil, and having a lumberjack act with Andy Sutton and Hall Gill featured.

unifiedtheory said:
..and UT has so many assumptions about Tuuka and has put so much pressure on him (as has the rest of the Bruin fans) that anything short of a Patrick Roy like career would be considered a monumental disappointment...LOL!

:hi5:

:wacky:

If that were to happen. I want draft picks, and young players, unless we're planning on rivaling Cirque du Soleil, and having a lumberjack act with Andy Sutton and Hall Gill featured.
:hi5:
except no one wants McCabe and his albatross contract. The isles certainly cant afford to move picks given the fact their minor league system is bleh after Kyle Okposo. McCabe is owed 5.75 against the cap each of the next 3 years and very few teams can afford him and even fewer are willing to take on that contract. Plus McCabe has to waive his no movement clause and supposedly the Isles are one of the few teams hes willing to do that for because of his time there and the fact his wife is from here.

From a toronto POV I can understand why theyd want more considering theyre something like 91-67 when mccabe is in the lineup as a leaf.

More good news for Isles fans, Hunter has been resigned 5yrs/10m. http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho...slanders/blog/

Love to see all the Hockey gossip about the last place leafs.Theres no real chance of Fletcher moving anyone at the deadline but Sundin(IMO).Eveyone else is locked in to long term contracts.(and they have it pretty good here)Even the Islanders aren't dumb enough to take back they're young ex-captain at that price.Blake,Tucker,Kubina,Raycroft,(etc.etc.) are all underachievers at overachiever price's!We've just got to bend over and accept the bad moves that JFJ made and wait out these contracts.:boohoo:As for Sundin,and I think I speak for alot of Leaf fans,I hope he goes to a real contender as long as its not the Sens or Habs......

Sens problems have to more with John Paddock and pathetic netminding and very little to do with Murray.
If he ends up pulling the trigger on Fedorov or Prospal, then we will have something to talk about.
Until then you just sound like a disgruntled Leafs fan.:D:winkwink:

Sundin is in a lose-lose situation

He loves the city and doesnt want to leave, but if he wants the team to grow, he has to leave....

Back
Top Bottom