***The NHL Trade Deadline Thread*** | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The NHL Trade Deadline Thread***

As usual, we agree. :hi5: I completely forgot about Patrice. I think you sit him out for the rest of the year, but still make a run with Timmah this year. Then you try to unload Murray's salary this offseason, have Tukka compete with the goalies in TC next year, and hope Lucic, Alberts, Kessel, Krejcic continue to blossom. With that, and provided Tukka is the goalie we think he is, I don't see why the Bruins can't go from a 7-8 seed to a 3-4 seed.

I PRAY for Bergy to be 100% next year. With Savard, Bergy, Krejci and Nokelienen down the middle they are young and in pretty good shape.

Unloading Murray's contract would be a good thing, unloading Manny Fernandez's 5+ a year would be the GREATEST thing.

They need a scoring winger to play with Savard/Bergy. They have some good "mid level" guys (Kobasew, Axe, Lucic, Schaefer) and I hope Kessel continues to grow but a guy like Hossa would be great.

I'm hoping they look at a guy like Huselius or Langkow in the offseason to give the offense more punch.

I think Tuukka gets another year in Providence. They'll go with Timmah and Auld and/or Manny in 08/09 with Rask getting the ball in 09/10.

I think the Penguins are trying to win it this year to be honest and I think they made a disastrous blunder today. They've been red hot the last month or so without Syd and they are getting him back soon. That is better then adding at the deadline! They rolled the dice HUGE today and IMO crapped out. You don't blow up your chemistry AND roll out young roll players AND give up a pick to get a guy that might stay a month and a half.

You are right about the Tampa comparison as well. What if they do sign Hossa? All of a sudden Hossa is eating up 8 million, Syd's making 8 million and Malkin could be worth 10-11 by the time they get around to having to do his deal. They are screwed IMO and they got greedy. They should have rolled with what they had and added something in the offseason without having to give up a bunch of assets.

I can only hope that you're wrong ... although I have the same concerns myself. (Damn, I hated losing Colby Armstrong ... Christensen I could deal with, but Colby hurt.)

However, what's done is done, and now we've set our sights on the cup!

It looks like Fletch and the leafs pulled a fast one on Florida.

Chad Kilger, a 4th line crash and bang forechecking winger has been suspended indefinitely by the Florida Panthers for not reporting to the team since he was traded from Toronto on March 26th.. Kilger missed 2 weeks earlier in the season with the leafs because of "personal issues".

I am a leafs fan and I am happy we finally have a GM who can fleece other GM's for once. To get a high 3rd round pick for a stiff like Chad Kilger was a great move by Fletch. A very underrated move on deadline day.. As was getting a 2nd and 5th for Hal freakin Gill.

By the way, Washington is lookin hot since the deadline. The Caps are 4-1 since the deadline and they are pushing for the playoffs. I picked them to make it into the playoffs on deadline day after their moves.. Colorado lookin good for a playoff spot too after their deadline day deals. The Avs are in a playoff spot now after beating Vancouver twice since the trade deadline.

Deadline day losers? Well that's Atlanta. They have lost 8 straight. They couldn't resign Hossa so they traded him for a late first, a total bust in Esposito, and 2 third line scrubs..

Honestly, I don't know how Waddell has a job in Atlanta.. The trade he made with Philly to acquire Zhitnik for Coburn was just assinine.. Zhitnik was a shell of his former self.. And Coburn now is a 23 year old budding top pairing defenseman for the flyers. He is solid defensively logging over 20 minutes a game with 29 points and a +17 rating. Waddel's moves at last years deadline didn't do much for the team when he gave up a bunch of youth there as well.. Waddell in Atlanta needs to be fired. He is god awful.

It looks like Fletch and the leafs pulled a fast one on Florida.

Chad Kilger, a 4th line crash and bang forechecking winger has been suspended indefinitely by the Florida Panthers for not reporting to the team since he was traded from Toronto on March 26th.. Kilger missed 2 weeks earlier in the season with the leafs because of "personal issues".

I am a leafs fan and I am happy we finally have a GM who can fleece other GM's for once. To get a high 3rd round pick for a stiff like Chad Kilger was a great move by Fletch. A very underrated move on deadline day.. As was getting a 2nd and 5th for Hal freakin Gill.

By the way, Washington is lookin hot since the deadline. The Caps are 4-1 since the deadline and they are pushing for the playoffs. I picked them to make it into the playoffs on deadline day after their moves.. Colorado lookin good for a playoff spot too after their deadline day deals. The Avs are in a playoff spot now after beating Vancouver twice since the trade deadline.

Deadline day losers? Well that's Atlanta. They have lost 8 straight. They couldn't resign Hossa so they traded him for a late first, a total bust in Esposito, and 2 third line scrubs..

Honestly, I don't know how Waddell has a job in Atlanta.. The trade he made with Philly to acquire Zhitnik for Coburn was just assinine.. Zhitnik was a shell of his former self.. And Coburn now is a 23 year old budding top pairing defenseman for the flyers. He is solid defensively logging over 20 minutes a game with 29 points and a +17 rating. Waddel's moves at last years deadline didn't do much for the team when he gave up a bunch of youth there as well.. Waddell in Atlanta needs to be fired. He is god awful.

How are u calling Angelo a BUST!!! He hasnt even played a game yet!!! WOOW you are a MAster Evaluator alll right...LMAO

Back
Top Bottom