The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 78 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

Hes not getting cut or traded....just accept the fact hes going to be on this team for a couple more years.

The real ironic thing about this season is the adoration Wright gets when he can't hit a jumper to save his life and plays worse defense on his man than Walker. I know its fun to root for the young guy and hope he pans out but people do go a little overboard. Like it or not Walker is still a key player on this team and the chances of this team repeating without a significant contribution from him aren't great.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? :shakeno: YOUR BOY ANTOINE WALKER IS TRASH AND I CAN'T WAIT TILL HE GETS CUT FOR YOU CAN CRY!

ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH
ANTOINE WALKER = TRASH

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? :shakeno: YOUR BOY ANTOINE WALKER IS TRASH AND I CAN'T WAIT TILL HE GETS CUT FOR YOU CAN CRY!
I'd probably just ignore it.. dude always comes into this thread presenting his opinions as fact. In truth, Antoine Walker is going to be a very targeted player in 2008-2009 because that's $9.3 million coming off the books. Next year, 2007-2008.. teams may start to consider him because of how valuable that contract will become in negotiations the following year. The Allen Iverson trade proves how valuable it is to have expiring contracts.

But who is he to say anything like that to begin with? Chad Ford? That's what everybody said about Eddie Jones and Brian Grant with their contracts.

On the open market in the NBA, you just never know........

But really, Dorell Wright has without question outplayed Toine this year, on both sides of the floor (defensive, especially). Anyone who thinks otherwise is truly an idiot. Walker doesn't give you anything that Wright doesn't, except for turnovers and ill-advised jumpers. :rolleyes2

And as soon as I make this post.. Dorell with a BEAUTIFUL set up for the WIDE OPEN Toine airball triple, then gets the rebound and drains the jumper himself at the buzzer. :rolleyes2

Hes not getting cut or traded....just accept the fact hes going to be on this team for a couple more years.

The real ironic thing about this season is the adoration Wright gets when he can't hit a jumper to save his life and plays worse defense on his man than Walker. I know its fun to root for the young guy and hope he pans out but people do go a little overboard. Like it or not Walker is still a key player on this team and the chances of this team repeating without a significant contribution from him aren't great.

man, you haven't watched any games this season.

you should WATCH THE GAMES instead of reading about it in the paper to form an accurate opinion of walker and wright this year.

Damn...

Last night = -Wade, Shaq, Posey
Tonight = -Wade, Shaq, J-Will

Aside from Shaq who we know is out, there's always more problems......

honestly, im hoping walker gets injured. he brings NOTHING to the floor now. he only helps the OTHER TEAM with his crappy shooting and crappy defense.

The only thing that Walker has been DECENT at this year is offensive put backs.

Another efficient game for Toine......

0/6 shooting, 0/4 tippy toe triples.

He's making $7.8 million to be so efficient every night.

Oh yeah, the other positive for Toine is the offensive fouls he draws.. but why can't he just get injured going to the deck, just once? Please? :cry:

I also think teams should start the Hack-A-Toine.. he's 19/50, 38% FT shooter on the year!

We gave you a ring, Toine. Now do us all a favor and retire.

I remember when we first picked up this guy last year, someone told me we picked up "Antwann". And I was like, awesome Jamison is pretty good. Then when I found out it was WALKER, I was like great, why did we bring this garbage in? Much better off with Rasual Butler IMO, who was lighting it up in the 2005 playoffs.

Toine was actually an important piece in the playoffs for us last year, and credit is given where credit is due. I mean, his defense against Detroit (Sheed, especially) was key in that series, and he was the one who stepped it up for us against Chicago when Wade went down in Game 5. That could've been the difference in our entire run. No mistake.. Wade, Shaq, Haslem, Posey, J-Will, and Payton all played their parts and came up in key times, but Toine played his role too. He was pretty up and down during the regular season last year.. DEFINITELY not this bad.

However, oh boy, he's been the WORST player I've seen in a long time this year for us. He's pretty much taking a **** on this franchise every time he steps onto the floor.

I remember Riley's quote earlier in the year.....

"I'll be damned if I allow people to crap on this franchise"

Toine supporters, who do you think he was referring to? A week later, Toine was dropped from the starting 5 and Dorell was inserted, and it's been like that ever since. (Dorell didn't start tonight because he overslept and missed the team flight, so he missed the afternoon shoot around and per team policy, it is mandatory that a starter cannot start when he misses a flight)

But this is just embarrassing now. He's embarrassing the franchise every time he steps out there in that Miami Heat #8 jersey. Take a look at the link in my sig, where there is a list of players not even in the NBA, who are better basketball players than Toine.......

Maybe we ought to give one of them a shot at his spot. :huh:

I was the one that told you all that Toine was gonna be huge for us in the playoffs last year.

I was right. i told you so.

His series against the Nets is what put us over the top. His defense on Rasheed was insane in the ECF.

His game 6 against eh Mavs was one for the ages. The guy took over the game int he 3rd quarter. In a way...we won the championship BECAUSE OF HIM.

Okay...now...for this year...

I am the guy telling you that there is something deeply wrong with him.

He has never been this bad. The guy is not even trying to contribute. He has turned into (what I had said earlier) a "hustle" player. It's okay for a guy like Quinn or Barron, or Simien to be a hustle player. It is not okay for a guy that gets 20 minutes a night at least.

If I am Riley..I tell him that he has a WEEK...to turn it around...and what I mean about turning it around is that I want to see a minimum of 40% shooting with 12 points and 8 boards a game. A BARE MINIMUM.

If not...goodbye to whoever will take him.

We have BEEN LUCKY that the east sucks.

Becasue of this FACT..I can say with great confidence that we will be a top 3 seed...easy.

I said this SAME EXACT THING last year. I will SAY IT AGAIN:

I AM SICK OF THIS FASHION SHOW ON THE BENCH.

Get healthy already and if you are hurt...you better be on your death bed. Get the **** back in there already. WADE INCLUDED.

History repeats itself.

But really, Dorell Wright has without question outplayed Toine this year, on both sides of the floor (defensive, especially). Anyone who thinks otherwise is truly an idiot. Walker doesn't give you anything that Wright doesn't, except for turnovers and ill-advised jumpers. :rolleyes2

I love how people see what they want to see because it justifies some preconcieved notion of theirs. Wright has played very poorly on defense and in fact the man hes guarding has ourperformed Walker's defensive assignment this year. Watching him try to play zone or transition defense is a painful experience. Now you can argue what you think you have seen....then look up what actually happened, and try to rethink your bias.

I still have faith in Walker..but he NEEDS to step it up. The whole team does. 5 games below .500 and completely beaten down by Orlando. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom