The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread. | Page 79 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

I love how people see what they want to see because it justifies some preconcieved notion of theirs. Wright has played very poorly on defense and in fact the man hes guarding has ourperformed Walker's defensive assignment this year. Watching him try to play zone or transition defense is a painful experience. Now you can argue what you think you have seen....then look up what actually happened, and try to rethink your bias.

Agree to disagree then, because I don't really care to argue something that at least 95% of people who watch the Heat games AGREE with me on.. including analysts. I mean, what the **** have you been watching? Agree.. to.. disagree. I don't know why the hell I'd be "Wright biased" I am a damn Miami Heat fan. You make it out as if Dorell Wright is my brother or something. I was at the point where I wouldn't of had to think twice before letting the kid go in a deal for AI. I don't have a bias towards my team, or any players on it. Obviously, you haven't seen too many games this year, and maybe you have a Toine bias inside of you? Seems like it. Even Walker's biggest fans will tell you that he's had the worst year of his career thus far, and he has been BEYOND TERRIBLE.

What I love the most is the fact that Pat Riley has been raving about Dorell Wright's defense all year.

^That closes the case for me...agree to disagree with me & Pat Riley. I'm done with the subject.

I still have faith in Walker..but he NEEDS to step it up. The whole team does. 5 games below .500 and completely beaten down by Orlando. :eek:

Not to make excuses, but....

No Wade.
No Shaq.
No J-Will.

Almost impossible to win like that..........

Agree to disagree then, because I don't really care to argue something that at least 95% of people who watch the Heat games AGREE with me on.. including analysts. I mean, what the **** have you been watching? Agree.. to.. disagree. I don't know why the hell I'd be "Wright biased" I am a damn Miami Heat fan. You make it out as if Dorell Wright is my brother or something. I was at the point where I wouldn't of had to think twice before letting the kid go in a deal for AI. I don't have a bias towards my team, or any players on it. Obviously, you haven't seen too many games this year, and maybe you have a Toine bias inside of you? Seems like it. Even Walker's biggest fans will tell you that he's had the worst year of his career thus far, and he has been BEYOND TERRIBLE.

What I love the most is the fact that Pat Riley has been raving about Dorell Wright's defense all year.

^That closes the case for me...agree to disagree with me & Pat Riley. I'm done with the subject.

Not to make excuses, but....

No Wade.
No Shaq.
No J-Will.

Almost impossible to win like that..........

Okay I understand but we have to do better with what we have got out there. We have been injury plagued all year long and could continue to be like that. If we don't step it up, we won't go very far in the Playoffs.

Okay I understand but we have to do better with what we have got out there. We have been injury plagued all year long and could continue to be like that. If we don't step it up, we won't go very far in the Playoffs.

The Heat need to get into the playoffs first. 3 games out as of now. What the ETA for Shaq?

Agree to disagree then, because I don't really care to argue something that at least 95% of people who watch the Heat games AGREE with me on.. including analysts. I mean, what the **** have you been watching?

I've been watching a player that gives up an average of 22.1 pts, 9.2 boards, FG% of .467. Even Haslem has played better when forced to defend the opponent's SF. This isn't an opinion....that fantastic defense combined with 40% shooting makes this team 6 pts worse off when hes on the court. Kapono can't stay in front of a single player in the NBA but at least he hits the open jumper.

I've been watching a player that gives up an average of 22.1 pts, 9.2 boards, FG% of .467. Even Haslem has played better when forced to defend the opponent's SF. This isn't an opinion....that fantastic defense combined with 40% shooting makes this team 6 pts worse off when hes on the court. Kapono can't stay in front of a single player in the NBA but at least he hits the open jumper.

Those numbers are WITH HIM IN THE GAME?

It's funny, because when the games start off, he's always defending the other team's best perimeter defender.. whether it's the SG or SF. Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, etc. - these are the types of players he's defended this year.

You go ahead and talk your stats.. I'll listen to the coach.. Pat Riley. :rolleyes2

It is impossible to do "better" without Shaq, Wade, and either Posey or J-Will. It's impossible to do much better without just Shaq & Wade. Those guys have played their hearts out though.. stayed with the Suns and a few other teams, but come on, we're 0-4 I think without Wade, and Shaq didn't play in any of those games either.

It should be almost impossible to win without both Shaq & Wade.

We shouldn't be in a situation where we have to play without both players, but **** happens..

Those numbers are WITH HIM IN THE GAME?

It's funny, because when the games start off, he's always defending the other team's best perimeter defender.. whether it's the SG or SF. Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant, etc. - these are the types of players he's defended this year.

You go ahead and talk your stats.. I'll listen to the coach.. Pat Riley. :rolleyes2

And when hes riding the pine in a month Riley will become the bogeyman again? You can try to convince yourself hes a great defender, but the evidence abounds to the contrary. The most damning fact is that the team plays better with him on the bench. And this is with his replacements at SF being Posey, Kapono, Walker, and Haslem....with Posey playing very poorly by his standards on the defensive end.

And when hes riding the pine in a month Riley will become the bogeyman again? You can try to convince yourself hes a great defender, but the evidence abounds to the contrary. The most damning fact is that the team plays better with him on the bench. And this is with his replacements at SF being Posey, Kapono, Walker, and Haslem....with Posey playing very poorly by his standards on the defensive end.

Dude, usually you have very good insights, but your totally wrong on this one. Why would he be covering the other teams superstars if he was a bad defender??

Also riding the pine in a month?? I highly doubt that, he is a key opponent in their future plans. While i was at the Nets game, he was incredible. He had a very good first step(looked like Wade a little bit), along with a shot that is coming around.

I still have faith in Walker..but he NEEDS to step it up. The whole team does. 5 games below .500 and completely beaten down by Orlando. :eek:

Maybe not having Wade, SHAQ, and J-Will had something to do with it?

The team was playing well..till Wade got hurt. They win the Bulls game with Wade (In fact..they got screwed out of the win) They win the Nets game with Wade. orlando is trash.

The Heat need to get into the playoffs first. 3 games out as of now. What the ETA for Shaq?

SHAQ will be back around the 12th.\

As for the playoffs.....do you really think that the Heat won't have a top 3 seed?

The east sucks.

When SHAQ comes back..the Heat will leave the rest of the east behind.

Now ferret....as for Dorrell Wright...the guy is a good defensive player. he is a great defensive rebounder. He can block shots. He can sure as hell run with anybody. he is a very good defender..period. Those stats are screwed up. I have the power of eyesight. I can see.

Now for the heat....the next 14 games are important. They have 10 on the road. They gotta go 5-5 on the road and 3-1 at home in this stretch at a minimum. If they do just that...the East is done.

SHAQ will be back around the 12th.\

As for the playoffs.....do you really think that the Heat won't have a top 3 seed?

The east sucks.

When SHAQ comes back..the Heat will leave the rest of the east behind.

Now ferret....as for Dorrell Wright...the guy is a good defensive player. he is a great defensive rebounder. He can block shots. He can sure as hell run with anybody. he is a very good defender..period. Those stats are screwed up. I have the power of eyesight. I can see.

Now for the heat....the next 14 games are important. They have 10 on the road. They gotta go 5-5 on the road and 3-1 at home in this stretch at a minimum. If they do just that...the East is done.

I dont think the Heat will get the top 3 seed. I think you're looking at their best seed slot 5 but getting in is the most important. You guys have a grueling schedule in Jan. especially a 6 game road trip out west. I think you guys will go 7-8 or 8-7 in January.

Clippers
@Phoenix
@Portland
@Seattle
@Golden State
@Utah
@Lakers
Indianapolis
@76ers
Dallas
Knicks
@Indianapolis
@Knicks
@Chicago
Bucks

I don't expect us to get a Top 3 seed, i was figuring about 5th/6th

:lol:

I see....the opposing players must just be making all those shots by accident. Is that it? The stats are screwed up....now thats a great quote.

I dont think the Heat will get the top 3 seed. I think you're looking at their best seed slot 5 but getting in is the most important. You guys have a grueling schedule in Jan. especially a 6 game road trip out west. I think you guys will go 7-8 or 8-7 in January.

Clippers
@Phoenix
@Portland
@Seattle
@Golden State
@Utah
@Lakers
Indianapolis
@76ers
Dallas
Knicks
@Indianapolis
@Knicks
@Chicago
Bucks

The Heat has not had SHAQ all year. Wade has missed 4 games of which they have lost them all. J-Will has missed 15 games. Posey has missed 6 games. We are riddled with Injuries. The Sky is falling....

YET.

The Heat is 4 games back from the #2 seed.

let me repeat this again....

let me give you another one...

The Heat is 5 1/2 games back from the #1 seed.

You are right..they aren;t getting the #3 seed. They are getting the #2 seed.

How quickly you guys forget.

:lol:

I see....the opposing players must just be making all those shots by accident. Is that it? The stats are screwed up....now thats a great quote.

Those stats are screwed up. As in..they make zero sense. It's like saying that Peyton Manning averages 280 yards passing a game versus Vonnie Holliday. It's too subjective a stat to give it any credence.

The Heat has not had SHAQ all year. Wade has missed 4 games of which they have lost them all. J-Will has missed 15 games. Posey has missed 6 games. We are riddled with Injuries. The Sky is falling....

YET.

let me repeat this again....

let me give you another one...

The Heat is 5 1/2 games back from the #1 seed.

You are right..they aren;t getting the #3 seed. They are getting the #2 seed.

How quickly you guys forget.

Ya but you havent gone on your west coast road trip games which easily can make 5 1/2 back to 9 1/2 back.

Back
Top Bottom