***The official '08 Florida marlins thread*** | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The official '08 Florida marlins thread***

All I can say is..........

OH **** YEAH!!!!!!
We will no longer sell away or trade away our stars. Having our own stadium makes all the difference in the world.

And as we speak, the FIRST PLACE MARLINS are winning yet again. They just continue to roll.

Give me one reason as a european guy to start watching this team?
Baseball is far away from a sport i know to much about, but it looks pretty cool at times!

;):D

Another day, another Marlins win. At least it was a come from behind win today, change it up a bit. We should really take at least 2 of the 3 against the Reds and Royals. We just keep on rolling.

at this moment, we have the best winning percentage in baseball. If Boston loses, we will lock up the best record for atleast one night.

Dan Uggla is playing himself into a contract extension as well; 3rd in HRs with 11, one of the leaders in RBIs with 27.

Word is Chris Coughlin will be moved to 3B and be groomed to replace Cantu (who I'd like to keep)

at this moment, we have the best winning percentage in baseball. If Boston loses, we will lock up the best record for atleast one night.

Dan Uggla is playing himself into a contract extension as well; 3rd in HRs with 11, one of the leaders in RBIs with 27.

Word is Chris Coughlin will be moved to 3B and be groomed to replace Cantu (who I'd like to keep)

I hope the roumor about Uggla is true, because he's been carrying this team the last week, not Hanley. He's a good man and deserves the credit.

This being in 1st (Boston did lose) in all of baseball, is sooooo sweet, even though it might only be for one night, still, with all this town has been through (Fins, Heat & Hurricanes dissapointments) this last year, it sure feels good to puff the chest out a little right now :kick:

I'm a Marlin fan, but i live in ATL. I was watching the Braves game the other day and the announcer kinda pissed me off. I looked for those email addresses, you know, that they read on the air and couldn't find it. He pretty much said, not to take anything from the marlins, they are playing hard and winning, but its because everybody else has had injuries. He said thats not the marlins fault, all they can do is play to win. He brought up all of our starting pitchers that are hurt and he said that we are so used to playing without them by now that it shouldn't effect us. Am I wrong, or has Mike Jacobs been hurt, as well as Josh Willingham, and also Jeremy Hermida (on and off). I think that we're not getting credit where credit is due. I wasn't expecting much at the beginning of the season, but now i've gotten my hopes up. I think we have a damn good team this year. btw, we are 6 outs from giving Brandon Webb his first loss of the year, as well as clinching the series from the "best" team in baseball.

Once again the Marlins give a big **** You to all the haters and doubters. First Owings, then the unbeatable Webb, and now tonight we sweep and add Haren to the list. Its amazing that we've been in first place almost the ENTIRE season and people still call it early. Even though it is still early, we are almost at the 1/3 way already. When you lead are in 1st place for maybe a week, ok thats no big thing, but for 1/3 of the season already, obviously we kick ***. All the haters continue to show they know absolutely nothing about the Marlins. The only thing they can talk about is the low attendance. I like it like this. Let everyone not give us any respect. Just like they didnt in 1997 and 2003, especially when we face the Yanks in the WS. I was the only one who called the Marlins to win that series in 6 because noone actually knows our team or how good we are. They just think small market, this is a bad team. Well once again the Marlins give a big **** you to everyone. Even if we lose tonight, its another series won and time to focus on winning the SF series this weekend. Go Marlins.

Once again the Marlins give a big **** You to all the haters and doubters. First Owings, then the unbeatable Webb, and now tonight we sweep and add Haren to the list. Its amazing that we've been in first place almost the ENTIRE season and people still call it early. Even though it is still early, we are almost at the 1/3 way already. When you lead are in 1st place for maybe a week, ok thats no big thing, but for 1/3 of the season already, obviously we kick ***. All the haters continue to show they know absolutely nothing about the Marlins. The only thing they can talk about is the low attendance. I like it like this. Let everyone not give us any respect. Just like they didnt in 1997 and 2003, especially when we face the Yanks in the WS. I was the only one who called the Marlins to win that series in 6 because noone actually knows our team or how good we are. They just think small market, this is a bad team. Well once again the Marlins give a big **** you to everyone. Even if we lose tonight, its another series won and time to focus on winning the SF series this weekend. Go Marlins.
...and we're only gonna get better when we get some of these arms back. We still won't get any credit from the sportscasters. Every time i hear them talk it seems like that time when the Marlins start to fall is moved back. At first they were saying we didn't have a chance, then 1/4 of the way through the season, now at the all-star break is when the phillies, mets, or braves are supposed to quit playing around and start winning. We will always be the underdog in their eyes...which makes it that much sweeter when we win.

boy...it sure looks like we are really missing trelle and cabs...i mean our offense cant hit, our pitching cant pitch...we suck...to be honest...i think bud selig should just contract us today...we have no right to share the field with such historic teams like the d-backs, the amazing yankess, the thrilling red sox, and the new york mutts...seriously, i dont even know why south florida got baseball, its not like they will ever win a title or even sniff a division crown

oh ****, sorry everyone, i was channeling general agreeable statements about marlins baseball from "baseball tonight" and most especially steve "victor zambrano is a stud" phillips

They swept the D-Backs and gave Brandon Webb his first loss of the year because they can only beat weak teams. Lol.

I just really hope we dont get a letdown this weekend with the lowly Giants coming to town. Its time to put the hurting on them and then keep the pedal to the metal and take it to NY.

Broom-1.gif

It's Sweet!

Back
Top Bottom