***The official '08 Florida marlins thread*** | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The official '08 Florida marlins thread***

Dammit....We give Brandon Webb his first loss of the season and then follow it up by giving Zito his first win of the season. Man, now all the sportscasters are gonna say we suck so bad the Barry Zito beat us.:boohoo:

This didnt surprise me at all. After that sweep of Arizona I said I didnt have a good feeling about this series. Lets use this series as batting practice and bring it all to the road. Big week of baseball coming up. I am so pissed we lost to Zito of all people, but even with the loss, we lost no ground at all so all is good.

the fish always struggle with slow pitching lefties...so losing to zito doesnt surprise me...no worries though...we will win tonight(i hope)

You guys get Matt Cain tonight...gonna be a tough one.

Might get a win against Pat Misch though, he isn't all that great, but then again, Zito's been atrocious this year too.

swept the doubleheader today...hopefully we can win the series in ny to prove to some that we are for real...as for me...i already know it no matter what the outcome...come on fellas, take the step

These three games in NY are going to show alot about this team.

2nd game Miller vs Santana.

PUMPED!

Uggla has been great the last month. I really hope the keep he and Hanley together in the middle for quite a while. Supposedly there are concerns about Uggla's fielding. I don't know though. He made two nice plays on well hit balls to his left last night and with a bat like that I think you make some exceptions.

Uggla has been great the last month. I really hope the keep he and Hanley together in the middle for quite a while. Supposedly there are concerns about Uggla's fielding. I don't know though. He made two nice plays on well hit balls to his left last night and with a bat like that I think you make some exceptions.

it has more to do with the fact that Chris Coughlan is gonna be a very good 2nd baseman, and they don't want to move either him or Uggla to third because they really love Matt Dominquez, and Gaby Hernandez will be on firstbase soon.

But Uggla's fielding was a huge issue last year, as was Hanley's. As much as I love Miguel Cabrera I think he was a huge problem for the team last year. He got lazy, and I think he set a bad example. I think having both Helms and Gonzo on the team this year are huge for us.

it has more to do with the fact that Chris Coughlan is gonna be a very good 2nd baseman, and they don't want to move either him or Uggla to third because they really love Matt Dominquez, and Gaby Hernandez will be on firstbase soon.

But Uggla's fielding was a huge issue last year, as was Hanley's. As much as I love Miguel Cabrera I think he was a huge problem for the team last year. He got lazy, and I think he set a bad example. I think having both Helms and Gonzo on the team this year are huge for us.

This is gonna be a problem for the Marlins, but a good one. What do you do with Uggla ? I love Uggla but the team comes 1st, and when he is eligible for arbitration, he must go, so that Coughlin can come up and start playing with Hanely. Their combination could be as good as Castillo & Gonzalez were for 4 or 5 years....the best in the game. We will take a hit on our offense, as Coughlin will never whack more than 20 in a season.

Back
Top Bottom