***The official '08 Florida marlins thread*** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The official '08 Florida marlins thread***

De Aza with a grand slam as well:up:

De Aza needs to start doing it in the regular season. When he could actually play, he wasn't half bad, but skill means nothing if you're hurt all the time.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this year's run will be a trial run to form the core of the 2011 Florida Marlins.

De Aza needs to start doing it in the regular season. When he could actually play, he wasn't half bad, but skill means nothing if you're hurt all the time.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this year's run will be a trial run to form the core of the 2011 Florida Marlins.
You mean it won't be an audition for other teams? :D

You mean it won't be an audition for other teams? :D

I love how people keep bashing the Marlins for trading away good players--only to ignore what they get in return.

Hanley Ramirez came to this team through the Beckett trade, for crying out loud.

Weren't we building for 08 before? Now all the way back to 11?

Honestly I think we will surprise people this year, and possibly contend next year. Remember in the NL a record of .500 or so will keep you at least in the race a while.

Weren't we building for 08 before? Now all the way back to 11?

It's hard to imagine that, after trading Cabrera and Willis, plus the stadium deal, that the organization is still sticking to its plans to compete this year. It'd be great if the team was in the division and/or wild card race, though I believe that's simply icing on the cake to the franchise at this point.

Speaking of 2011, building, and icing on the cake, we need to sign Hanley to a long-term contract extension ASAP. Paying Hanley will be a very positive sign to the fanbase and city going forward. The guy is an inch away from busting out into one of the best players in baseball. We need to lock him up.

Honestly I think we will surprise people this year, and possibly contend next year. Remember in the NL a record of .500 or so will keep you at least in the race a while.

.500 would be a good step forward from the total collapse last year.

It's hard to imagine that, after trading Cabrera and Willis, plus the stadium deal, that the organization is still sticking to its plans to compete this year. It'd be great if the team was in the division and/or wild card race, though I believe that's simply icing on the cake to the franchise at this point.

Speaking of 2011, building, and icing on the cake, we need to sign Hanley to a long-term contract extension ASAP. Paying Hanley will be a very positive sign to the fanbase and city going forward. The guy is an inch away from busting out into one of the best players in baseball. We need to lock him up.

.500 would be a good step forward from the total collapse last year.

I think we will probably finish a good 15-25 games under .500 this year honestly, but we will compete. Next year if we are serious about being good, I think we will be with a few moves.

He's already better than Jimmy Rollins who's the N.L. MVP (atleast offensively).

Yeah, that's the thing. Hanley has to maintain his numbers while improving his defense. He needs to become a star, not just a really good batter.

Alex44 said:
Next year if we are serious about being good, I think we will be with a few moves.

Hopefully. I wonder how Cameron Maybin will work out. He seems to be quite the guy.

I love how people keep bashing the Marlins for trading away good players--only to ignore what they get in return.

Hanley Ramirez came to this team through the Beckett trade, for crying out loud.
You have to admit though that what I said was true, even though I was half-joking. Hanley Ramirez is a GREAT pickup, I NEVER bashed the players we get in return. But if the Marlins hadn't secured a stadium, how long do you think he would've been on the team? Ride the Marlins train into the sunset? Nope. Of course, we get value in return. Management isn't stupid, but once the price gets to high, see ya. Now, this is going by according to what we've done in the past.

With the stadium looking secure for the future, the Marlins have admitted that soon they'll go up to an average payroll. I can't wait, because that means we can keep these great young players and actually make ourselves an annual contender in the MLB.

i agree...with beinfest, hill and co. ability to judge talent...the real challenge will be keeping our own players, not just going after big name free agents all the time

Thread's at the bottom of the first page? When we're doing so well in spring training? Time for a bump!

AOL's MLB Fanhouse loves mocking Jeffrey Loria in AIM conversation format. They've just posted another one, an imaginary conversation between Loria and Henl--er, Hanley.

miguel cabrera hit a homerun in his first ab for detroit
Miguel will always be the best player in any team he goes to IMO. I will always root for this guy; though it would be tough for me to root for him if he ever becomes a Yankee.

Miguel will always be the best player in any team he goes to IMO. I will always root for this guy; though it would be tough for me to root for him if he ever becomes a Yankee.
i think that would be impossible...actually...even if he became a red sox player...i still wouldnt root for him...detriot better sign him long term if they have an ounce of common sense

Back
Top Bottom