The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 126 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

They are still talking with the A's from what I hear about pitching, but Beane wants the farm.

This article says that (way down at the bottom) the Mets are likely to swap Milledge for Joe Blanton. It quotes the San Fran Chronicle as a source.

ohka, yeah, no zito is he... but hes a rotation filler guy. common omar, trade for a legit arm.

Javier Vazquez via trade is the rumor

I don't see the White Sox trading Vazquez. They've already moved Freddy Garcia and Brandon McCarthy this offseason. I can't imagine they're going to move a third starting pitcher.

Thank goodness. thatd be like trading milledge for Steve Trashel.

06 stats:
2006 W - L ERA IP H
Blanton 16 - 12 4.82 194 241
Trax 16 - 10 4.97 165 185

FIPS:
~~06 / Career
Trax: 5.55 / 4.84
Blanton: 4.21 / 4.41

No thanks on Blanton. Haren...that Id have to consider but Im still not sure its worth Milledge.

Also regarding John Maine and some peoples stance he may be nothing more then a #4 or 5:

This is a pretty good indicator of how hittable a guy's pitch is.
Opponent's "batting plus sugging" average vs. fastballs-- NL 2006

1. Clemens, R .518
2. Maine, J .529
3. Martinez, P .543
4. Cruz, J .558
5. Zambrano, C .565
6. Cain, M .601
7. Young, C .612
8. Webb, B .619
9. Sanchez, A .621
10. Lowe. D .622

No wonder Maine throws his fastball so much. Pretty good company there.

And Pedro's post-injury problems must have come from trouble with his off-speed

He did the same thing last year in winter ball. I want him to carry it over in to the rgular season. Then we'll talk.
True. Hopefully, the rumors of his injured back being a significant factor in his poor hitting are true.

True. Hopefully, the rumors of his injured back being a significant factor in his poor hitting are true.

Unfortunately, there's no particular reason to believe that Hernandez will hit well enough to hold a major league job. In 2669 minor league plate appearances, over 6 seasons (660 games), he posted a 268/312/353 for BA/OBP/SLG. (Source: Baseball Cube) That's more than enough sample size to classify him as a lousy hitter.

Realistically, he's a backup middle infielder, late-inning defensive replacement and pinch runner. Nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom