The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 41 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

Roman529 said:
I have been waiting several years for Cole Hamels as well. He regularly strikes out 10+ batters. We kind of stole that 5 inning job last night. I heard Rowand broke his nose making they great catch last night and had surgery (on the DL for 15 days). I love the way he plays.

Yeah Rowand broke his nose and they called up Roberson. Victorino's getting the start tonight, and he should be the guy getting most of the PT out there. We did steal that game last night, but I'll take it.

kpcane said:
I know...it's sad sometimes.

The fans in Philly were booing some little kids when they could not find any eggs on an Easter egg hunt at the park. That's rough. :lol:

Roman529 said:
The fans in Philly were booing some little kids when they could not find any eggs on an Easter egg hunt at the park. That's rough. :lol:
In general philly fans are just very negative. IMO thats part of why they never win anything in that city. The attitude of the fans rubs off on the players too much.:lol:

Gonzalez looked pretty good. He should only have one run charged against him. That Fielder HR was crap. It feels so good to see Beltran hitting the way he has since coming off the DL. I'm almost waiting for his slump.

all 3 teams atop the division with a win Saturday.

Nice to see my boy Jeff Francoeur hit a walk-off grand slam!!

Let me ask you Met's fans a question. I hear rumors that Bobby Abreu might be traded sometime before the trade deadline. Would you guys be willing to trade your 3rd Baseman Wright for Abreu? That would be a win-win deal for both sides. The Mets could use a guy like Abreu who scores tons of runs, high on-base percentage, 100+ walks, 100+ RBIs, 30+ HRs, good arm. The Phillies have not had a decent 3B since Scott Rolen and David Bell is pretty average. I think the Phillies want to get Victorino into the outfield to go along with Burrell and Rowand. Abreu lives in New York City so I am sure it would be a place he would want to play. I also heard that Abreu could be traded for a starting lefthanded pitcher like Zito of the Oakland A's.

Roman529 said:
Let me ask you Met's fans a question. I hear rumors that Bobby Abreu might be traded sometime before the trade deadline. Would you guys be willing to trade your 3rd Baseman Wright for Abreu? That would be a win-win deal for both sides. The Mets could use a guy like Abreu who scores tons of runs, high on-base percentage, 100+ walks, 100+ RBIs, 30+ HRs, good arm. The Phillies have not had a decent 3B since Scott Rolen and David Bell is pretty average. I think the Phillies want to get Victorino into the outfield to go along with Burrell and Rowand. Abreu lives in New York City so I am sure it would be a place he would want to play. I also heard that Abreu could be traded for a starting lefthanded pitcher like Zito of the Oakland A's.
Hell F'n no. I wouldnt even deal Wright for Cabrera + Willis and Im going to deal him for a 33 y/o OF with declining power numbers since last year AS break (920OPS to 760ish) and who is a marginal defensive player? no. I dont even consider Abreu a power hitter at this point. Hes a very productive player but hes a line drive hitter who gets hrs.

I MIGHT be inclined to give up a good prospect like Phillip Humber but we have no spot for Abreu anyway so its irrelevent. If this team did look to upgrade hitting it would be at 2B imo. Our OF is fine. nady is playing a nice RF + hes young cheap and and has good power; probably a bit better than Cameron's was last season if you go by HR/AB for the last year and a 1/4. Floyd, I have to believe is going to stay in LF and bust out at some point. And Beltran is finally going well. You scenario also leaves NYM without a 3B.

In the end though I think the only thing the mets will be looking for is pitching and maybe a bench player or 2. I dont see a major move among their position players unless its at 2b.

im really a yankees fan but i tend to go to way more mets games than yankees games since my dads office is right next to shea stadium and its easy for him to get tix so i also root for the mets and hey why not the yanks are in the Al and the mets are in the Nl and the only time i have to root against the mets is when its the subway series but when they arnt playing each other i like to watch the mets win.....anyways im going down to miami on may 26th and im going go the mets marlins game so i was wondering if anyone heres going? i just went to the mets game last week when we beat atlanta in the 14th inning, right behind atlantas dug out, sickest game ever shea stadium was really rocking that night

miaD5499 said:
im really a yankees fan but i tend to go to way more mets games than yankees games since my dads office is right next to shea stadium and its easy for him to get tix so i also root for the mets and hey why not the yanks are in the Al and the mets are in the Nl and the only time i have to root against the mets is when its the subway series but when they arnt playing each other i like to watch the mets win.....
As a mets fan, thats kinda how i feel about the yanks. Except with periods at of my sentences :D

Rocky Raccoon said:
all 3 teams atop the division with a win Saturday.

Nice to see my boy Jeff Francoeur hit a walk-off grand slam!!
Ughh are you a mets fan and braves fan? Thats like being a bills/pats/jets fan and being a dolphin fan. Why?

I mean I respect what ATL has done but no way would I ever call Jeff Francouer "my boy"

Boik14 said:
Ughh are you a mets fan and braves fan? Thats like being a bills/pats/jets fan and being a dolphin fan. Why?

I mean I respect what ATL has done but no way would I ever call Jeff Francouer "my boy"

I'm not really a fan of either team...I just enjoy certain players on each team. I love Wright for instance.

Back
Top Bottom