The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 53 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

I think that if he continues to post a .929 OPS, he can hi-five Mr. Met on top of the dugout roof for all I care.

Ruh-roh, this fell to the second page. Can't have that. LET'S GO METS!!!!

Still 3.5 up on Philly. Good win tonight. Ugly pitching but a win. Milledge with a hr, 3b and a beautiful assist to throw out nomar. Also may have been the best inning wags worked all year.

Delgado (slump), floyd (ankle/achilles tendonitis), Reyes (wrist) all sat

Its good to see Glavine get a win like that after all the 2-1 loses he has had over the past two years. Finally he is getting the runs.

Problem is Pedro is not now!

I'm starting to think that Xavier Nady is going to be out of a job when he gets back. Of course, Willie Randolph is the same guy who hit David Wright SEVENTH for a big chunk of last year, so being a productive youngster doesn't count for everything.

phunwin said:
I'm starting to think that Xavier Nady is going to be out of a job when he gets back. Of course, Willie Randolph is the same guy who hit David Wright SEVENTH for a big chunk of last year, so being a productive youngster doesn't count for everything.

While Nady did very well, he maybe suited better as the 4th outfielder who can also be used to spell Delgado at 1st. He would still get plenty of at bats that way, and with the whole outfield banged up, that might be the wise choice. But Randolph is very stubborn.

phunwin said:

Milledge is palying great...but that really isn't fair to Nady. He played great before his injury and should get to play when he gets back. I always believed that you shouldn't lose your job because of injury.

phunwin said:
maybe but that'd be the best situation for us cause then we could deal nady + a prospect for a #3 sp maybe

Boik14 said:
maybe but that'd be the best situation for us cause then we could deal nady + a prospect for a #3 sp maybe

They aren't trading Nady. Nady and Floyd might platoon in left. Or you might see a Nady, Floyd, Milledge platoon for RF/LF.

But Nady isn't getting traded. They can't trade him cause Floyd is GONE after this year and you need Nady.

MikeO said:
They aren't trading Nady. Nady and Floyd might platoon in left. Or you might see a Nady, Floyd, Milledge platoon for RF/LF.

But Nady isn't getting traded. They can't trade him cause Floyd is GONE after this year and you need Nady.

Like I said, Nady is the perfect 4th outfield/1st baseman, he will still get plenty of at bats this year if they decide to do this.

Nady could also be traded, the Mets can always sign a FA in the off season. But I don't see him going.

Boik14 said:
Still 3.5 up on Philly. Good win tonight. Ugly pitching but a win. Milledge with a hr, 3b and a beautiful assist to throw out nomar. Also may have been the best inning wags worked all year.

Delgado (slump), floyd (ankle/achilles tendonitis), Reyes (wrist) all sat

Things are heating up....I love a Brave's loss as much as when my Phillies win. :tongue:

MikeO said:

Um or they could just resign floyd after this year. he 34 not 60. Hes got another 2 years in him if he wants to play and hes got better than average stats for a LF. Plus Carlos Lee is a FA and so are 3-4 other decent LF options. If they wanted to trade Nady for an arm not only is it a feasible option but one they should definitely consider

Roman529 said:
Things are heating up....I love a Brave's loss as much as when my Phillies win. :tongue:
well we play the dbacks for 4 and then to philly for 3 vs you bums :)

MikeO said:

Well, what's more important, a 4th OF or a 3rd starting pitcher? I'm not at all opposed to a rotation of Milledge, Floyd and Nady at the corner spots, with one of them spelling Beltran when he needs a break and maybe Nady playing a little 1B to give Delgado a rest against tough lefties, but a starting pitcher strikes me as a much greater need.

If they could get a quality starter for Nady and a prospect, they should do it. It's the difference between a luxury and a need. The Mets are winning on days when guys other than Martinez and Glavine pitch because they're getting tremendous run support, and they can't count on that all season.

Back
Top Bottom