The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread | Page 54 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2006 New York Mets Thread

Boik14 said:
Um or they could just resign floyd after this year. he 34 not 60. Hes got another 2 years in him if he wants to play and hes got better than average stats for a LF. Plus Carlos Lee is a FA and so are 3-4 other decent LF options. If they wanted to trade Nady for an arm not only is it a feasible option but one they should definitely consider

I would expect a run at Carlos Lee this offseason. This fits into Omar Minaya's master plan to field a starting lineup composed entirely of guys named Carlos. Look for a swap of Milledge for Carlos Zambrano sometime this season, too. ;)

phunwin said:
Well, what's more important, a 4th OF or a 3rd starting pitcher? I'm not at all opposed to a rotation of Milledge, Floyd and Nady at the corner spots, with one of them spelling Beltran when he needs a break and maybe Nady playing a little 1B to give Delgado a rest against tough lefties, but a starting pitcher strikes me as a much greater need.

If they could get a quality starter for Nady and a prospect, they should do it. It's the difference between a luxury and a need. The Mets are winning on days when guys other than Martinez and Glavine pitch because they're getting tremendous run support, and they can't count on that all season.

Plus, Chaves has been a pleasent find as the 4th outfielder. Although he does not have the pop that Nady has, he has speed.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Plus, Chaves has been a pleasent find as the 4th outfielder. Although he does not have the pop that Nady has, he has speed.
Chavez has also shown himself to be excellent on defense. We need that solid 3rd starter far more than another OF.

3 out of 4 to start the 10 game trip. ATL and Philly both lost so 4.5 up on philly. Nats are creeping up on ATL and are only 9 back of us; playing some decent ball.

Boik14 said:
3 out of 4 to start the 10 game trip. ATL and Philly both lost so 4.5 up on philly. Nats are creeping up on ATL and are only 9 back of us; playing some decent ball.

What's gotten into the Nats?...Sorry-anno is looking like Babe Ruth. :eek:

Well, I'm not quite on board the Endy Chavez bandwagon yet. He plays good defense and he can run, but anything his bat gives us is a bonus; coming into this year, he was a pathetic hitter.

Of course, if Hernandez continues to pitch like he did last night, we won't need another starting pitcher. :)

Roman529 said:
What's gotten into the Nats?...Sorry-anno is looking like Babe Ruth. :eek:
Hes pulling a Beltran...contract year = perfect time for career best stats...though hes got a ways to go to catch that season he had with yanks right before he was traded for arod.

Rumors that Arod and Jeter are getting it on.

I don't know guys, I didn't believe it at first that these two were playing for the other team - not that there is anything wrong with that - but this video evidence is damning if you ask me.

Judge for yourself.

http://www.kickina.com/cby2/

Ray Finkle said:
Met fans should be happy: Kaz Matsui has been traded to the Rockies for Eli Marrero.

:eek: Kaz to the Rocks? I will have to drive up to Coors to see him play. NOT.

Roman529 said:
:eek: Kaz to the Rocks? I will have to drive up to Coors to see him play. NOT.

You should go there and get this autograph and send it to FinHeaven's favorite Met fans (phunwin, boik14 and njfinsfan1) :wink:

I'm impressed that we got more than a rosin bag and a second-hand jockstrap.

Ray Finkle said:
Met fans should be happy: Kaz Matsui has been traded to the Rockies for Eli Marrero.
Anyone know if the Rockies picked up the contract?

Ray Finkle said:
You should go there and get this autograph and send it to FinHeaven's favorite Met fans (phunwin, boik14 and njfinsfan1) :wink:

He may never get out of AAA for the Rockies!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom