***The Official 2007-2008 NHL Thread*** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official 2007-2008 NHL Thread***

The "never say die" Leafs!!!!!!! 2-in a row would be so sweet ('cause everyone hates Philly,don't they?),but as usual, its all too little too late.

I know the Sabres had to trade Campbell, but Steve Bernier can't play dead. Losing all-star caliber players hurts. Though watching guys who shouldn't be in the NHL like Gaustad, Mair, Nolan Pratt, Drew Stafford makes my eyes bleed.

1)You want to make the game better, make the ice bigger, the NHL has the fastest players in the world this would open up the game more. People say it doesn't work in Europe, well of course not those players are all 3rd rate players at best.

Bigger ice won't work. In a lot of rinks teams/owners would have to remove 2-3 rows or seats, the 2-3 rows of the highest prices seats. No owner is going to give up that revenue and PAY for the pleasure of doing it. I would like to see a happy medium though. I hate the European ice but if they split the difference between the current NHL and Europe I think it would work.

2)Get rid of some teams this will weed out alot of 4th liners in the league right now.

Retracting a half dozen teams would work for me but that won't happen either. Bettman would look like the fool we already know he is if he admitted that his "non-hockey" market experiment failed.

3)Call all penalties, not just stupid hooking, OBSTRUCTION ON DUMPIN'S is my biggest pet peeve too many teams do it. This slows up the quick forwards.

I agree with the penalties. The thing that bothers me is the half dozen phantom hooking calls you get per game only to watch the officials miss out on clear cut boarding/elbowing calls.

I disagree on the obstruction on dump ins though, you HAVE to give the defenseman a chance. The only way they could get me to change my mind on obstructing to aid d-men is if they started calling charging/boarding. You have forwards skating full tilt from center, not holding up and sending a d-man through the boards, that is charging and boarding. Start calling it and you can stop having obstruction.

4) No touch Icing.

Yes and it can't come soon enough. I don't ever want to see a guy hurt trying to beat out an icing again.

5) All hits to the head are 5 minutes and an automatic 1 game suspention. It should not matter if the player gets hurt. The same should be for hitting from behind.

Yes and yes. There is no need what so ever to hit someone in the head. You can lay a guy out with a good clean check that has nothing to do with the head.

P.S. I love players like tootoo, they bring excitement to the game, Avery is one of my favorite players. I'd love for him to be a flame next year. We need more drama type players.

Tootoo is everything that is wrong with todays NHL. 15 years ago Tootoo would have lasted about 10 seconds. He would have done a cheap shot on someone and then got his *** kicked for the pleasure...if he even had the guts to drop his gloves and man up, which I doubt because he is a gutless coward.

The trap can be beaten. If coached properly.

I'd rather see it legislated out of the game....open it up.

people who hate phllly are jealous....and boy TO has no future at all...leafs are in trouble
People hate Philly,because of the dirty way they play hockey,like taking a cheap shot at goal,well after the final horn blows!(among a thousand other examples,enter suspension list here) As for having no future,tell me something I don't already know,but wait, Philly has made the playoffs like 7-years in a row,then make a few big signings........Now What? which direction are they headed? Trust me Buck,NOBODY in T.O is jealous of the Flyers!! Maybe the Wings,Devils,even the Habs.....But not the Flyers(sorry).

Pens stomped Buffalo last night!:woot:

... not real happy about the cheap shot that GL leveled though. He's probably going to get suspended for a game.:(

People hate Philly,because of the dirty way they play hockey,like taking a cheap shot at goal,well after the final horn blows!(among a thousand other examples,enter suspension list here) As for having no future,tell me something I don't already know,but wait, Philly has made the playoffs like 7-years in a row,then make a few big signings........Now What? which direction are they headed? Trust me Buck,NOBODY in T.O is jealous of the Flyers!! Maybe the Wings,Devils,even the Habs.....But not the Flyers(sorry).

Do people hate Philly's team now? I hated the teams with the "Legion of Doom," in part because they were pretty good. Teams that i'm jealous of are the ones that I think are going to be strong contenders the next few seasons. Namely the Habs who I believe are going keep getting better. The other teams that i'm jealous of are the ones that don't draw fans still win in front of empty arenas. Then when they're in the playoffs they help the die-hard fan base by putting up the intricate rules such as icing on the scoreboard, i.e. Carolina Hurricanes.

reply...

I am a HUGE Florida Panther's fan... and my 2nd team is the Detroit Red Wings...

SO...

GO PANTHERS & RED WINGS!!!

:woot:

Im disgusted with Biron and $hittymaki!!! We need a GOALTENDER!!!!!!!! We should of got BUlin wall!!! woow im sick and fed up flyers fan

Marty Biron has played very well since the trade deadline.

If you want to blame someone, blame the terrible Flyer defensemen (welcome to last year) and a coach who has no idea how to do his job. Randy Jones has been playing awful, Modry is awful. Idiot John Stevens is playing Denis Tolpeko against a physical maple leafs team instead of Downie.

This team is a disaster.....They blew ANOTHER chance to catch Boston and basically solidified themselves in a date with New Jersey and a fabulous trip on the losing end four game sweep in the first round.

Marty Biron has played very well since the trade deadline.

If you want to blame someone, blame the terrible Flyer defensemen (welcome to last year) and a coach who has no idea how to do his job. Randy Jones has been playing awful, Modry is awful. Idiot John Stevens is playing Denis Tolpeko against a physical maple leafs team instead of Downie.

This team is a disaster.....They blew ANOTHER chance to catch Boston and basically solidified themselves in a date with New Jersey and a fabulous trip on the losing end four game sweep in the first round.

Marty Biron is the most likable guy in the NHL. I'll preface this by saying I did not see the LaRaque hit on Nathan Paetsch. Though 3-games for an elbow which was a 5 minute penalty seems soft. Say if it was done by Kaleta to Malkin I think it'd be atleast 10 games. Stars always get preferential treatment and honestly I don't know many guys in the league who'd want to face off with LaRaque. Though I hate head-hunting.

Unified touches on this but with the instigator rule. Along with no-talent hacks who play 4 minutes a game to fight I think teams are getting "agitators." I disagree with their style of play but Sean Avery is going to get around 4 mil a year in the off-season because he's an "agitator." The funny thing IMO, is that 2 years ago 4 million seemed like something that all-stars should be getting paid.

Back
Top Bottom