***The Official 2007-2008 NHL Thread*** | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official 2007-2008 NHL Thread***

Do people hate Philly's team now? I hated the teams with the "Legion of Doom," in part because they were pretty good. Teams that i'm jealous of are the ones that I think are going to be strong contenders the next few seasons. Namely the Habs who I believe are going keep getting better. The other teams that i'm jealous of are the ones that don't draw fans still win in front of empty arenas. Then when they're in the playoffs they help the die-hard fan base by putting up the intricate rules such as icing on the scoreboard, i.e. Carolina Hurricanes.

I myself respected the old "legion of doom" team,in a kick a$$ and take names sort of way.The Flyers of today are a bunch of cheap shot artists,that deserve no respect at all IMO.On a side note I kind of feel for you Buffalo fans,you guys fill that rink every night,buy every new jersey (alot to choose from) and your owners and GM keep screwing you by not holding on to your stars.I hear on the radio today (FAN590) that Miller won't talk "Contract" until the seasons over.For a team that was so close,it looks like they're breaking up a good thing.

I myself respected the old "legion of doom" team,in a kick a$$ and take names sort of way.The Flyers of today are a bunch of cheap shot artists,that deserve no respect at all IMO.On a side note I kind of feel for you Buffalo fans,you guys fill that rink every night,buy every new jersey (alot to choose from) and your owners and GM keep screwing you by not holding on to your stars.I hear on the radio today (FAN590) that Miller won't talk "Contract" until the seasons over.For a team that was so close,it looks like they're breaking up a good thing.

Miller can't talk contract til atleast July 1st I believe because of collective bargaining. Jhonas Enroth I hear had a pretty good showing at the Jrs. Though if he walks I think the arena will be empty. I can't blame the ownership though. The Sabres sold out, sold a ton of new jerseys. Yet still had to go to the 2nd rd of the playoffs to break even last year. There is a certain type of player that the Sabres re-sign. Really the ones that are re-signable. This is the 2nd year in a row they had a deal in place with a star. Yet they didn't get it done. Of anybody I thought that Briere should've been re-signed but they weren't going to do that because Drury had Buffalo by the balls.

Chris Pronger is a great player. Though he's the dirtiest player in the NHL. IMO he should get double-digit suspension for stomping on Kesler's leg.

Chris Pronger is a great player. Though he's the dirtiest player in the NHL. IMO he should get double-digit suspension for stomping on Kesler's leg.

He got 8 games.

This only reinforces something we all knew already. Colin Campbell is WAY too much of a chicken **** to clean up the league. Sure, he'll swing the big hammer on guys like Jesse Bolerice or Steve Downie but when a repeat offender like Pronger does something he gets off light. Why? Because he is a superstar, arguably the best player in the World.

He should have given him the same number of games as he gave Simon. Make him sit for the entire playoffs. Instead, he gives Pronger a nice 8 game rest so he is fresh for the pllayoffs...JOKE!

I'd argue Pronger's suspension should have been LONGER then Simon's. After the Zednik accident every ****ing player in the league should have been reminded they have razor blades attached to their feet and they can do serious damage.

He got 8 games.

This only reinforces something we all knew already. Colin Campbell is WAY too much of a chicken **** to clean up the league. Sure, he'll swing the big hammer on guys like Jesse Bolerice or Steve Downie but when a repeat offender like Pronger does something he gets off light. Why? Because he is a superstar, arguably the best player in the World.

He should have given him the same number of games as he gave Simon. Make him sit for the entire playoffs. Instead, he gives Pronger a nice 8 game rest so he is fresh for the pllayoffs...JOKE!

I'd argue Pronger's suspension should have been LONGER then Simon's. After the Zednik accident every ****ing player in the league should have been reminded they have razor blades attached to their feet and they can do serious damage.

I'm not certain of this but this is the 8th time Pronger has been suspended. The Zednik incident, which is a freak incident should've atleast like you said reminded them of the razors they're playing on. If Pronger is on a garbage team and isn't the best player in the world I think he'd be done for atleast the season.

I was watching HNIC and the pre-game they touched on the goalie equipment. Nobody named names, though the guy most players are suspicious of is J.S. Giguere.

Buffalo beat Toronto 6-2 and it was 3-2 with like 10 to go. It wasn't really that close if people watched the game. I guess it's playing to win and with the playoffs on the line but Buffalo seemed to sit back most of the game. Lindy Ruff was more conservative than Sean Hannity. I'll go back to Unified's point of over-coaching. Lindy put together the most conservative lines and was rarely playing what would be the best "offensive" line in Afinogenov/Kotalik/Vanek. Playing with the 8,9,10 defenseman at the start of the season I guess means that. Though it's tough to watch. Toronto needs a goalie, bad.

I'm not certain of this but this is the 8th time Pronger has been suspended. The Zednik incident, which is a freak incident should've atleast like you said reminded them of the razors they're playing on. If Pronger is on a garbage team and isn't the best player in the world I think he'd be done for atleast the season.

I was watching HNIC and the pre-game they touched on the goalie equipment. Nobody named names, though the guy most players are suspicious of is J.S. Giguere.

The next athletic save the guy makes will be his first. He's the cover boy for equipment cheating. He just moves all that gear around and lets the puck hit him.

Make the damn pads smaller, it is not that difficult. Make them cut down on their shoulder pads, make the gloves and blockers smaller.

It is not about safety, it's about getting an "edge" and cheating. Making the equipment smaller wouldn't "endanger" the goalies...all it would do is bring their GAA to a more reasonable 2.50-2.75. the only players that want the goalie equipmant to remain the same are the goalies.

Buffalo beat Toronto 6-2 and it was 3-2 with like 10 to go. It wasn't really that close if people watched the game. I guess it's playing to win and with the playoffs on the line but Buffalo seemed to sit back most of the game. Lindy Ruff was more conservative than Sean Hannity. I'll go back to Unified's point of over-coaching. Lindy put together the most conservative lines and was rarely playing what would be the best "offensive" line in Afinogenov/Kotalik/Vanek. Playing with the 8,9,10 defenseman at the start of the season I guess means that. Though it's tough to watch. Toronto needs a goalie, bad.
A scary look into the future for Leaf fans,a team with no Sundin.I watched the game and without Mats and Antrapov you can see how small this team really is.When it was 3-1 in the 3rd, Buffalo looked like Jersey,just sitting back,clogging up the middle until the right time came to burst out.And to thier credit it worked,as for Toskala....he had a bad night,but for the most part he's played pretty well for a guy without a real #1 defencmen in front of him.Last nights game just warmed up golf season for most Leaf fans.As for Mr.Pronger....."8 GAMES" is a joke!

I hope Flyers dont make the playoffs this year!!! They dont deserve it..Stevens should get fired and Holmgren should go get a real goalie like Khabibulin!!!!! Sadddd Flyer fan

I hope Flyers dont make the playoffs this year!!! They dont deserve it..Stevens should get fired and Holmgren should go get a real goalie like Khabibulin!!!!! Sadddd Flyer fan

I agree with you completly. Gotta keep those Flyers out :tongue:

Honestly though the only team thats currently in a playoff position that doesnt deserve to be is Carolina in my opinion. I'm not saying that cause I hate Carolina or I'm biased, I dont think any SE division team deserves to be in this year, including my caps. Though I would love to see them knock Philly outta that #8 spot, they are on the road for 5 of their last 8 games so its gonna be tough.

He got 8 games.

Campbell is just doing what he always has, kept the big name stars playing so the team and league gets paid. While I dont think Prongers suspension should have been LONGER than Simon's, I do think it should have been close to as long. Pronger, Bertuzzi, and Simon should all have recieved bans for the **** they have done to opponents in this league and yet all 3 players are still playing.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Campbell being the person to clean up the NHL. First thing he should look into is Ref corruption because I've noticed a rather large decline in their proficiency as this season as gone along. Not just in one or two games, but I'm more amazed when I watch a game and think a ref is actually doing his job well.

Campbell is just doing what he always has, kept the big name stars playing so the team and league gets paid. While I dont think Prongers suspension should have been LONGER than Simon's, I do think it should have been close to as long. Pronger, Bertuzzi, and Simon should all have recieved bans for the **** they have done to opponents in this league and yet all 3 players are still playing.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Campbell being the person to clean up the NHL. First thing he should look into is Ref corruption because I've noticed a rather large decline in their proficiency as this season as gone along. Not just in one or two games, but I'm more amazed when I watch a game and think a ref is actually doing his job well.

I agree with everything you said...accept the "Pronger and Bertuzzi should be banned for life".

Simon yes, no doubt. Pronger is just an idiot that needs to get the hammer brought down on him.

Bertuzzi is another matter that I have argued ad-nauseam on this board and won't anymore...LOL!

After the 2nd period of the Sabres/TB game tonight I sent a friend in Cali a text that the Sabres playoff hopes have ended. Then they score 6 in the 3rd period. Teppo Numminen joining the team tomorrow. I still don't think the team will make the playoffs but they've got momentum. I'm not positive of this but they've also scored the most goals as of tonight.

Just on a general note, Vinny L is the best forward in the NHL, IMO.

I agree with everything you said...accept the "Pronger and Bertuzzi should be banned for life".

Simon yes, no doubt. Pronger is just an idiot that needs to get the hammer brought down on him.

Bertuzzi is another matter that I have argued ad-nauseam on this board and won't anymore...LOL!

I dont mean Life-time ban though, now that i reread that I see it does imply it.

By Ban I meant that a player should be Banned for as long as the player they injure is out of hockey. In the Bertuzzi case I think he should be out of hockey but only because the player he injured is still out. Pronger should be elligible to return (as long as a suspension is also served) when Kessler returns, no sooner.

Back
Top Bottom