The official 2007 Cincinnatti Reds thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The official 2007 Cincinnatti Reds thread

I am a suffering Cubs fan.Win or lose....those are my boys.Anyways,I just wanted to high five you Red Boys on Josh Hamilton.....The guy is a virtual hitting machine.......NAILS!!!!!!
TYVM If he stays off the stuff,he has the potential for a big pay day.

I know I'm basically talking to myself in this thread, but what is this team's problem?

One day we get some offense and the pitching blows it in the end. The next, the arms are lights out and the bats are cold as hell. (Or the opposite because that's an oxy moron.)

Well today a lack of offense almost killed us but thank god for Scott Hatteberg. Big win over the struggling Phillies today.

The Phils have one of the worst put together bullpens i've ever seen.

No bats in a 4-1 loss to the Phillies. 15,yes 15 strikeouts do not cut it.Philly also had a triple play.I want 1 wish this season.To see consistent hitting and pitching.IN THE SAME GAME.Still we are 9-9 and that's a descent start for us.

The Phils have one of the worst put together bullpens i've ever seen.

I think we are in serious contention with the Phils for the worst in the National League.

We were the victim of Ryan Howard's awakening today and we got smoked. We were just beat by one of the league's worst teams in a series at home.

9-10 isn't hackin' it in my book.

Yea it was a sad home stand, only 2-5. Thats not goin to cut it in my book. Our bats better start wakin up. 15 K's is unacceptable.

Great to see the bats wake up last night!!! Now lets see Arroyo get his first win tonight.

10-3 Reds over Cards.See what happens when pitching and hitting come at the same time? 17 hits is nice.Yeh Blade,about Arroyo.

Outfielder Denorfia traded to Athletics

The Reds today acquired from the Oakland Athletics 2 players to be named later and cash considerations in exchange for OF Chris Denorfia.

On April 3 Denorfia had "Tommy John" surgery to repair the torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow. On March 24 he went on the 15-day disabled list and on April 13 was transferred to the 60-day DL.

Denorfia suffered the elbow injury during a spring training game on March 23 against the Devil Rays.

Denorfia was selected by the Reds in the 19th round of the June 2002 first-year player draft. He appeared in 77 games for the Reds the last 2 seasons (.278, 2hr, 9rbi, 2sb).

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_relea...ent_id=1933310&vkey=pr_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin

When will the Reds finally get rid of Milton. It is pretty much a guarntee loss when he gets on the mound.

Also the Reds game Coffey a one year contact extention. He better start pitchin better. The last couple of times he has pitched he has given up at least one run.

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Reliever Todd Coffey and the Cincinnati Reds agreed Friday to a $925,000, one-year contract extension through the 2008 season.

Coffey (1-1) has a 6.57 ERA in an NL-leading 14 appearances.

The right-hander led the Reds' bullpen in 2006 with career-highs of 81 games and 78 innings. He had the most appearances by a Reds pitcher since Stan Belinda's 84 in 1997.

In addition to his base salary next year, he could earn $600,000 in performance bonuses. He is making $407,500 this year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_y...UIW0bYF?slug=ap-reds-coffey&prov=ap&type=lgns

Griffey diagnosed with pleurisy, listed as day to day

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Ken Griffey Jr. remained out of the Cincinnati Reds' lineup for a second day Friday with pleurisy, an inflammation in the lining of a cavity surrounding the lungs.

Griffey was held out of Thursday's game in St. Louis with soreness in his chest. A chest X-ray on Friday revealed the problem, which is not expected to be a long-lasting condition. He is listed as day to day.

Griffey recently missed four games with a different type of inflammation, a colon condition called diverticulitis that was initially diagnosed six months ago. He returned from that problem Tuesday to hit his first home run of the season and the 564th of his career, moving him past Reggie Jackson for 10th place on the career list.

After missing most of spring training because of a broken hand, Griffey has a .254 average with nine RBIs in 18 games this season.

Griffey not playin again, what else is new. I am surprise he lasted this long without gettin injured.

Self Implosions . Nuff' said . Getting tired fast of this season.

Pathetic. I am tired of watchin the Reds self destruct every freakin game. It is gettin old.

And when are we goin to finally get some bullpen help?

Why are you hating on Griffey man? He's been the only offense we've had lately hitting .327 with 8 homeruns and 25 RBI. Hit a game winning homerun in the 12th tonight.

But where the hell has the rest of the offense been? I thought this was an offensive ball club. And yes, the bull pen is self imploding every single night, getting very old.

A new game a new demise. Come on Adam Dunn, how do you misplay that ball? It was slowly rolling to and fine grass and it somehow gets past you. It might be time to set an over/under on Bronson Arroy's suicide attempt. Help the man out for crying out loud!

Yep 2 all.....Another one of those years. Go Reds !!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom