The Official 2007 Gold Cup Thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Gold Cup Thread

Prime Time

Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!
Reaction score
http://www.terra.com/gold-cup/

That is the official site of the 2007 Gold Cup....

Here are the Groups

Group A

Costa Rica
Haiti
Canada
Guadeloupe

Group B

USA
Trinidad and Tobago
Guatemala
El Salvador

Group C

México
Panama
Honduras
Cuba

I predict the U.S. to win the whole thing of course ;)

Some results from tonight's double header in the 305's Orange Bowl...thats Miami folks :tongue:

In Group 1's fixtures

Haiti and Guadeloupe tied 1-1

and Canada beat Costa Rica 2-1

Group A Standings

Canada 3 pts
Haiti 1 pt
Guadeloupe 1 pt
Costa Rica 0 pts

Would it not be easier to just put the US, Mexico, Costa Rica and Trinidad in the one group and let them play twice for the cup, cause I doubt any other team has a hope of winning that cup.

Go on the Trinnies!!!!!

Would it not be easier to just put the US, Mexico, Costa Rica and Trinidad in the one group and let them play twice for the cup, cause I doubt any other team has a hope of winning that cup.

Go on the Trinnies!!!!!

Canada has actually won this Cup before...and won yesterday so you can't count them out. You can never count out Jamaica as well, but they didn't qualify for this Cup this time :eek:

Go on the Trinnies!!!!!

Trinidad is not going to do that well, their best players are not going because they are fighting their soccer federation due to unpaid bonuses from the WC. So they are not coming with all their might, they could suffer.

Trinidad is not going to do that well, their best players are not going because they are fighting their soccer federation due to unpaid bonuses from the WC. So they are not coming with all their might, they could suffer.

Probably will. USA plays them on Saturday :)

Que le paso a Mexico? Perdiendo 1-0 contra Cuba!!!! :) ... that GREAT defense....

Que le paso a Mexico? Perdiendo 1-0 contra Cuba!!!! :) ... that GREAT defense....

We won... but me not liking Hugo... not liking Hugo one bit... By the way there was a great article by grant wahl about Mexican Soccer in SI.com today, I traveled back home with it (though he did not mention Veracruz... I feel slighted)

Also if you check the guys that played Osorio, Salcido and Marquez where not in the game.... so that GREAT defense was not playing.

Canada has actually won this Cup before...and won yesterday so you can't count them out. You can never count out Jamaica as well, but they didn't qualify for this Cup this time :eek:

Yep, Canada brought a quality side and soundly beat CR.

Stalteri plays for Totteham, De Rosario is one of the best in MLS and my favourite - played against him back in the day, although it was his little brother Jon who put on quite the show against us and might be the better prospect (recent interest from CHELSEA currently first team at Feyernood) - Julian de Guzman who plays for Deportivo la Coruna and scored both goals.

I know not many have heard of him, but he's one to watch, as is his little brother. Here's the winner.

[youtube]s4VRWeRLJvQ&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

Yep, Canada brought a quality side and soundly beat CR.

Stalteri plays for Totteham, De Rosario is one of the best in MLS and my favourite - played against him back in the day, although it was his little brother Jon who put on quite the show against us and might be the better prospect (recent interest from CHELSEA currently first team at Feyernood) - Julian de Guzman who plays for Deportivo la Coruna and scored both goals.

I know not many have heard of him, but he's one to watch, as is his little brother. Here's the winner.

[youtube]s4VRWeRLJvQ&mode=related&search=[/youtube]

Interesting stuff. I think Canada could seriously contend for the Cup this time around.

We won... but me not liking Hugo... not liking Hugo one bit... By the way there was a great article by grant wahl about Mexican Soccer in SI.com today, I traveled back home with it (though he did not mention Veracruz... I feel slighted)

Nery scored...but why you not feeling Hugo Sanchez?

Back
Top Bottom