The Official 2007 Gold Cup Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Gold Cup Thread

:yeahthat:

Que les paso? Got beat down. I guess you guys can't be favored no more. And what happen to the defense and Ochoa?? Our defense hasn't even given up a goal yet.

Okay, but enough **** talking. What happened for real? What are your explanations for that game? Totore....where are you?

Also if Mexico ends up in third and the U.S. Stays in first...they'll be playing in Foxboro...how you like them apples?

Que les paso? Got beat down. I guess you guys can't be favored no more. And what happen to the defense and Ochoa?? Our defense hasn't even given up a goal yet.

Okay, but enough **** talking. What happened for real? What are your explanations for that game? Totore....where are you?

Also if Mexico ends up in third and the U.S. Stays in first...they'll be playing in Foxboro...how you like them apples?

WE got no coach... team looks in disarray, not really playing. I don't know, it just doesn't look like a team, Panama is the hard team of this group, So I sincerely hope we somehow wake up.

Man I just saw the news.. Honduras beating Mexico?? wow.. I saw that Blanco was ejected. Not surprising but since I didn't see the game I have no clue whether it was warranted or not.

Anyway, interesting turn of events. I bet some Mexican supporters care a tad bit more for the Gold Cup after this :wink:

Man I just saw the news.. Honduras beating Mexico?? wow.. I saw that Blanco was ejected. Not surprising but since I didn't see the game I have no clue whether it was warranted or not.

Anyway, interesting turn of events. I bet some Mexican supporters care a tad bit more for the Gold Cup after this :wink:

I bet they do too. And yeah Hugo Sanchez is killing you guys. He is treating these games as friendlies and they aren't.

Ckb....Blanco elbowed a player who was blowing him kisses. Blanco has always been a hot head. I sometimes feel bad for him but sometimes I feel that he is a damn moron.

I bet they do too. And yeah Hugo Sanchez is killing you guys. He is treating these games as friendlies and they aren't.

Ckb....Blanco elbowed a player who was blowing him kisses. Blanco has always been a hot head. I sometimes feel bad for him but sometimes I feel that he is a damn moron.

He does have one hell of a cool name though.

Cuauthemoc which means "One That Has Descended Like an Eagle" in Nahuatl.

He does have one hell of a cool name though.

Cuauthemoc which means "One That Has Descended Like an Eagle" in Nahuatl.

yup, the name of the last aztec king, who got his feet burned in torture so that he would tell the spaniards where all the gold was... Spaniards are just gold diggers.

yup, the name of the last aztec king, who got his feet burned in torture so that he would tell the spaniards where all the gold was... Spaniards are just gold diggers.

Now, I'm piecing it together. You said once you hate the Spanish (or something like that if I remember correctly?). Is that the reason why (the history with native tribes in what is today Mexico)?

I still think it is a very badly organized tournament, and I think it is a very very very very very minor tournament. But I also believe that it is the responsability of Mexico and the US to win this tournament, anything lower than that, is really to be considered a mayor failure.

But it does not take away the fact that it is a small and minor tournament.

:lol:

What's the news with Canada?

Bunch of pansies bro. Lost against Guadeloupe of all teams. That being said, the biggest stunner in the past week for me was seeing Jocelyn Angloma in a soccer kit playing like the champ he is. What a great story.

He was a member of Marseille team which won the 1993 UEFA Champions League and later played for Valencia. He's probably the most decorated player in the GC. I mean there's old school and there's old school. Next thing you know Hugo will be lacing them up for Mexico. :lol:

I had no idea he was still alive. Turns out he came out of retirement last year to play for Guadeloupe, and help them successfully qualify for the 2007 Caribbean Nations Cup. He's gone from right back to midfield playmaker as well and scored a great goal against Canada to boot.

I still think it is a very badly organized tournament, and I think it is a very very very very very minor tournament. But I also believe that it is the responsability of Mexico and the US to win this tournament, anything lower than that, is really to be considered a mayor failure.

But it does not take away the fact that it is a small and minor tournament.

I don't think it's that minor Q. At least not in my book. When you have to qualify for a tournament by placement of another tournament (as is the case for small carribean nations such as Cuba, Guadeloupe, T&T and Haiti who performed well in the 2007 Caribbean Nations Cup), it can't be considered very very very very minor.

Mexico has nothing to be ashamed of, except in its over criticism of Hugo. I know he doesn't deserve a pass, but he was probably the greatest player in the history of Mexico and he's been dealt an awful hand as the squad is lacking their horses. You simply cannot trot out a new set of players on the back-end, and think you won't miss a beat. The linkage with the mid isn't the same, the space the new defenders can cover probably isn't the same, it's like builiding a robot without the legs. And if those missing legs happen to be named Marquez, Salcido and Osorio, you're in trouble. :)

BTW I have a friend who got a job as a liaison office for the Haitian team. Free trip to Miami, hotel, nightlife all included. I told him though he'd better polish up on his creole, he told me, no they all speak french. Turns out they don't and he's be rendered useless. Still getting paid though.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom