The Official 2007 Gold Cup Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Gold Cup Thread

Those last few shots by Beasley? THAT's the true Beasley: the shots that go wide or off goal. His goal was mostly luck (though I'm happy about it).

Having said that, there are some really encouraging signs about this team. For the first time in a Nats uniform, Spector is playing well. Also, Bradley (son of coach) is playing well. Feilhaber and Bornstein are also developing. It seems that though the US will likely have no superstars in the near future (who knows about what Adu will turn into, but until he proves it he isn't one), we're going to have a solid team by 2010. That may be the first team we field where all the players are solid, but none great (which is better than what we've had before).

Oh, and GOAALL!! 2-0 PK

Those last few shots by Beasley? THAT's the true Beasley: the shots that go wide or off goal. His goal was mostly luck (though I'm happy about it).

Having said that, there are some really encouraging signs about this team. For the first time in a Nats uniform, Spector is playing well. Also, Bradley (son of coach) is playing well. Feilhaber and Bornstein are also developing. It seems that though the US will likely have no superstars in the near future (who knows about what Adu will turn into, but until he proves it he isn't one), we're going to have a solid team by 2010. That may be the first team we field where all the players are solid, but none great (which is better than what we've had before).

Oh, and GOAALL!! 2-0 PK

How old is Adu now? I haven't heard anything about him in a while.

Also damn Archundia should be screwing you guys :lol:

How old is Adu now? I haven't heard anything about him in a while.

Also damn Archundia should be screwing you guys :lol:

He just turned 17 I think. He was traded by DC United to Real Salt Lake. He didn't really get along with the coach at DC. Either way, he hasn't shown the kind of ability we once expected. Contrast that with Messi for example.

In any case, once he's 18, he'll go to a big club in Europe (that's been planned for a long time). Whether he succeeds or not we'll see, but he hasn't lit MLS on fire, and that's not a good sign.

let Guatemala play now. We go to the next round even if we lose 1-0 :lol:. But Guatemala will win!!

USA dominates. Top performers today are Beasley, Spector, Dempsey, and Donovan.

This offense isn't as good without Donovan though. No question. He is our playmaker.

Bradley still keeps going to the ground to slide tackle a little too often but he did a decent job.

Mastroeni and Feilhaber did a good job defensively. Nothing too expectacular offensivly.

US is still undefeated in Group stage of the Gold Cup.

Lets hope you guys make it to the next round.....:lol:

:jk:

Back
Top Bottom