The Official 2007 Gold Cup Thread | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official 2007 Gold Cup Thread

I am not complaining. I am not justifying anything, it was a good win and it was a great game. And flopping is part of the game, but did you really feel that was a penalty?

He would've had a chance to shoot..I need a replay to justify because I was jumping up and down and rooting with the family. I didn't see the replay.

I just found out Guardado did go to the hospital after the game, terrible decision by the medical group and Hugo.

And yes this team has a lot more potential and should be playing better no matter who the coach is, about the defense I don't like Magallon (he could be a beast in Chivas but I'm not seeing it here) he was getting owned by Ching all game long.

Yeah Magallón played like crap

I am not complaining. I am not justifying anything, it was a good win and it was a great game. And flopping is part of the game, but did you really feel that was a penalty?

I believe that was a penalty, regardless if it was a penalty or not, he did a terrible job on that one.

you should go with Nery owning Onyewu for the first goal... me thinks....

:lol:

ck... I agree with you that players from the U-20's team tend to only give out a small number of players to the major teams (unless you are argentina, where Messi, Tevez, D'Alessandro, Aimar, Riquelme, Gago, Mascherano, Cambiasso where all members of different U-20 teams that won the WC). But the difference to other teams that have been going on in the history of the Mexican team, is that now we are exporting players while before we werent.

I mean right now Pardo and Osorio just won a championship in the Bundesliga, Salcido did the same in Eredivisie with PSV, Rafa had a down year with a lot of injuries, but he is still with Barca, as is Gio, and Vela is in Arsenal. That is not to count that there is a kid playing in Slovakian football, and Cardozo is in Olimpiakos, and Guardado is getting interest, Ochoa too, Bravo was going to go too, there is a kid in Chile, there is another one in spanish soccer (though I doubt he is going to want to play with us since he is a spanish national too).

You know as well as I do that the only way to get better in this game is if the best players on your team are moving to play in Europe, that had never happened in the history of the Mexican game, and it is really happening now. So if you where to ask me what is the difference between that established mexican record and now, it is that we are in Europe, we are doing well in Europe, and more of us will be going to Europe.

OK, that exodus to Europe is a valid point. You guys didn't do that before. But, I'm going to have to actually see Mexico go to the quarterfinals of the WC before I agree you're better than you used to be (since you only did that in Azteca before). The reason is that based on observed play alone (which I admit is a bit unfair since some of those guys you speak of are very young), I don't see this Mexican Nats team consistently winning over the one you had say a decade ago - they still seem to play at about the same level, at least in comparison to the rest of the world.

Well, we'll see. Keep in mind that I would be happy if Mexico becomes stronger since that only means better competition for the US. That is, as long as we can still beat you :D

I think we should go back to La Volpe's famous linea de tres (Salcido, Marquez, Osorio)

I use to feel bad for La Volpe because of all the criticism he would take. I felt he was a good and under appreciated coach. I know you'd love to take him back over Sanchez in a heart beat :D

I think we should go back to La Volpe's famous linea de tres (Salcido, Marquez, Osorio)

I always liked that line, but if we go back to that it means we go back to "carrileros", one of them would be Guardado and I would hate to see his talent go to waste like that.

Back
Top Bottom