***The Official 2009 NFL Draft Thread*** | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official 2009 NFL Draft Thread***

Because most mock drafts are based on opinion, and completely full of poop

It will be very interesting to see what happens before our pick. I can see a run of LBs in the middle of the round and we end up drafting a corner or we could have a very good LB fall to us in the first. New England picks two spots before us and have a lot of similar needs. Don't be suprised if they pick a player that a lot of us think Miami could be targeting.

Because most mock drafts are based on opinion, and completely full of poop

I understand that you have to take these things with a grain of salt. It just suprises me that some of these guys project some of the major mock drafts and should know Parcells by now. It seems as though they have forgotten that Rick Spielmen left some time ago and that we are not in a "win at all costs" mode of picking players anymore.

I have read quite a few mock drafts and have found numerous that project us as picking up either inury-prone players or "problem players" (Percy Harvin immediately comes to mind) in the first round. I don't understand this line of thinking, especially considering that Parcells does not historically like these types of players. What gives? Can anyone shed some light on why these guys believe that Bill would suddenly throw his standards out the window?

You have to remember this is a guy who won TWO National Championships, has top ten player talent, and is arguably the most explosive player in the draft. With that said he has some character issues, does not have protoypical WR size, and needs more polishing in his route running abilities. I don't see him falling to our pick and I don't see Miami drafting him if he does.

I understand that you have to take these things with a grain of salt. It just suprises me that some of these guys project some of the major mock drafts and should know Parcells by now. It seems as though they have forgotten that Rick Spielmen left some time ago and that we are not in a "win at all costs" mode of picking players anymore.

I think a lot of guys who make them just make them with a pure black and white need for a team and don't take everything in to consideration.

PFT is saying that the Crabtree camp is floating a rumor that Miami is interested in trading up to get him. Interesting.....

Looks like St Louis was hoping and praying for someone to trade up...took them long enough

Back
Top Bottom