*** The Official Detriot Pistons Playoff Thread*** | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** The Official Detriot Pistons Playoff Thread***

2-0! This keeps looking better and better boys!

Surprised Nappy isn't here getting after that shot by Billups at the end of the 3rd!

But hey, I'll take the win any way we can get it.

Fantastic start to the series so far.

Surprised Nappy isn't here getting after that shot by Billups at the end of the 3rd!

But hey, I'll take the win any way we can get it.

Fantastic start to the series so far.

:lol: I noticed that too when I logged on today that Nappy hadn't posted about it yet. I'm just glad as a Piston fan that it counted honestly. If I liked the Magic, I would be upset.

Regardless of that, we look like we're in compete control of this series. I'm looking forward to game 3, and see if we can take a 3-0 choke hold on the Magic, in Orlando.

:lol: I noticed that too when I logged on today that Nappy hadn't posted about it yet. I'm just glad as a Piston fan that it counted honestly. If I liked the Magic, I would be upset.

Regardless of that, we look like we're in compete control of this series. I'm looking forward to game 3, and see if we can take a 3-0 choke hold on the Magic, in Orlando.

I think the Magic are going to take Game Three, actually.

They're going to come out extremely hungry after what happened to them in game two, and eek out a win in front of their home fans. Plus, the game they played in two was much better than game one.

But I think we can wrap this up in five or six. *knocks on wood*

I think the Magic are going to take Game Three, actually.

They're going to come out extremely hungry after what happened to them in game two, and eek out a win in front of their home fans. Plus, the game they played in two was much better than game one.

But I think we can wrap this up in five or six. *knocks on wood*

Very true, the Magic could very well take game three, but I think the Pistons will put up a good fight like you hinted at.

And if we can wrap this thing up in six, that's fine with me. I'll take it any day of the week baby! :lol:

was mad that happend with the clock, but we had our chances later, and we blew it. cant blame it on the other ****

Very true, the Magic could very well take game three, but I think the Pistons will put up a good fight like you hinted at.

And if we can wrap this thing up in six, that's fine with me. I'll take it any day of the week baby! :lol:

Yep, exactly.

I really don't want to face the Cavs, however. I don't want the NBA to try and get the "next Jordan" to the NBA Finals again like last year.

Many will disagree, and maybe I'm just bitter, but I think the NBA wanted its golden child in the Finals last year. I think we could beat either team (Celtics / Cavs) in a 7 game series.

But hopefully we can take care of the Magic first, though.

was mad that happend with the clock, but we had our chances later, and we blew it. cant blame it on the other ****

Very classy of you, Nappy.

Not sure if I'd be able to react the same way after that, but hats off to you for doing so.

Yep, exactly.

I really don't want to face the Cavs, however. I don't want the NBA to try and get the "next Jordan" to the NBA Finals again like last year.

Many will disagree, and maybe I'm just bitter, but I think the NBA wanted its golden child in the Finals last year. I think we could beat either team (Celtics / Cavs) in a 7 game series.

But hopefully we can take care of the Magic first, though.

I really am not looking forward to playing the Celtics or the Cavs, assuming we take care of the Magic. And here's why:

Cavs:

LeBron James- He can do it all. He's shown Detroit up in past years, and he is almost impossible to stop for an entire game. One of the worst things about playing against LeBron is the fact that when he is playing in Cleveland, the crowd will go crazy if LeBron gets a dunk. He is definitely someone you don't want to play against to get to the NBA Finals.

Delante West- He's averaging 10 points a game during the playoffs along with 5 assists per game. He is a quality point guard that could give Billups some problems on the run. However, I think Billups would get the best of him.

Daniel Gibson- Not only do I think he has a sweet hair cut with the stars buzzed into his head:lol:, but the dude can play off the bench. He's one of those guys that when he comes of the bench, he can start of hot by hitting a three and can completely change the momentum of the game.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas- One of the best shooting centers in the NBA, "Z" has a great jump shot, to go along with being a force on the glass. "Z" is averaging 7 rebounds a game, along with 14 points, which is second on the team next to LeBron's 29 per game average.

Wally Szerbiac- I know I spelled his last name wrong, but you guys know who I'm talking about. Wally hasn't been a very good offensive player this post-season, only averaging 10 points a game. He has the talent to knock down big shots during a course of a game, but I really haven't seen that from him through the playoffs thus far.

Bottom Line- The Cavs are a team that have not only one of the best players in the entire NBA in LeBron, but a good supporting cast. The Cavs are a team that I don't want top face, but when your talking about facing the Cavs or Celtics, it's like picking between two bad things. :lol:

I'll post my anyalis on the Celtics later.

Very classy of you, Nappy.

Not sure if I'd be able to react the same way after that, but hats off to you for doing so.

I would be upset if I was a Magic fan, but he is right, I think even if you take that three away, the Pistons still win that game.

I would be upset if I was a Magic fan, but he is right, I think even if you take that three away, the Pistons still win that game.

True, but that shot by Billups most likely did take a lot of momentum out of Orlando.

Celtics breakdown:

Paul Pierce- He finally has a supporting cast and he has taken advantage of that. Big strong forward, who can knock down a three when is needed too. Deffinitly a guy that could cause Detroit problems in the Eastern Conference Finals.

K.G.- What else do I need to say?

Ray Allen- After all these years, he can still get the job done. He can hit the big shots at the end of games, and all throughout them. He's definitely a play maker, and yet another player on this talented roster to be worried about.

Rajon Rondo- Rondo might have the best PG job in basketball. When you have the big three in Allen, KG, and Pierce it doesn't really matter who you pass to. However, Rondo can get it done offensively. He's averaging 10 points a game along with 5 assists.

Leon Powe- He showed me a lot in that game seven vs. the Hawks. He is a very dominant force in the paint both offensively and defensively. He could be one of our biggest problems if we face the Celtics, just for the mere fact of who would guard him. I'm figuring you'd have Billups-Rondo, Allen-Hamilton, 'Sheed-KG, Prince-Pierce, then McDyess or Maxiell on Powe. I'd rather see Maxciell becuase he is built just like Powe, but that would mean we'd be losing a lot on the offensive end without McDyess in the line-up.

Bottom-Line- After going through this roster, I think the Cavs would be a better match-up for us. Even though the Celtics struggled with the Hawks, they are still a team that could easily beat the Pistons.

Back
Top Bottom