The OFFICIAL draft Cam Newton Thread!!! | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The OFFICIAL draft Cam Newton Thread!!!

That's not it at all, here's how they both fared:

Chris Todd vs. Miss. St. -- 1 TD, 0 INT's / 129.23

Cam Newton vs. Miss. St. -- 2 TD's, 1 INT / 142.25

Chris Todd vs. #25 West Virginia -- 4 TD's, 1 INT / 161.82

Cam Newton vs. Clemson -- 2 TD's, 2 INT's / 190.37

Chris Todd vs. Arkansas -- 0 TD's, 0 INT's / 90.24

Cam Newton vs. Arkansas -- 1 TD, 0 INT's / 167.07

Chris Todd vs. Kentucky -- 0 TD's, 1 INT / 67.92

Cam Newton vs. Kentucky -- 0 TD's, 1 INT / 136.39

Chris Todd vs. LSU -- 1 TD, 1 INT / 95.52

Cam Newton vs. LSU -- 0 TD's, 0 INT's / 107.65

Chris Todd vs. Ole Miss -- 2 TD's, 0 INT's / 160.77

Cam Newton vs. Ole Miss -- 3 TD's, 0 INT's / 192. 54

Chris Todd vs. UGA -- 2 TD's, 2 INT's / 152.11

Cam Newton vs. UGA -- 2 TD's, 1 INT / 181.45

Chris Todd vs. Bama -- 2 TD's, 1 INT / 128.90

Cam Newton vs. Bama -- 3 TD's, 0 INT's / 205.22

Chris Todd vs. Tennessee -- 1 TD, 0 INT's / 122.97

Cam Newton didn't play Tennessee, they played South Carolina instead.... 4 TD's, and 0 INT's...

That's 13 TD's and 6 INT's for Chris Todd.... and 13 TD's and 5 INT's for Cam Newton.

17-5 if you throw in the South Carolina game where he ran for almost 200 yards on the ground.

Cam Newton replicated Chris Todd's passing success, Cam Newton did 80% of his damage against SEC competition on the ground... that's how Gus Malzahn designed it.

Slimm did include it, its in the bold CK.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I made it pretty clear that I gave him 17 TD's and 5 INT's if you count the South Carolina game... it's none of my concern if you skipped over it while in a hurry to make a gerrymandering comment... it's there.

The yardage is irrelevant any way you want to look at it... they're neck and neck, no matter what games you choose to take into consideration.

The completion percentage and yards per attempt favor the more gifted player... the point is, Cam Newton's PASSING performances didn't blow a kid out of the water who's selling insurance right now...Guz Malzahn's system works for his quarterbacks.

On what planet did Cam Newton exceed Chris Todd's PASSING success to the point that they're incomparable?

What's incomparable is the impact that an athlete who can run for 1,400 yards from the QB position can have on opposing defenses.... which is why Cam Newton has a Heisman Trophy and Chris Todd doesn't.

Gold.

I made it pretty clear that I gave him 17 TD's and 5 INT's if you count the South Carolina game... it's none of my concern if you skipped over it while in a hurry to make a gerrymandering comment... it's there.

The yardage is irrelevant any way you want to look at it... they're neck and neck, no matter what games you choose to take into consideration.

The completion percentage and yards per attempt favor the more gifted player... the point is, Cam Newton's PASSING performances didn't blow a kid out of the water who's selling insurance right now...Guz Malzahn's system works for his quarterbacks.

Actually, yeah, by all standard measures Cam Newton's PASSING performance did exactly that, blew the performance of the insurance salesman out of the water. In the games they played against common opponents Chris Todd had a 80.5 QB Rating to Newton's 111.4 QB Rating.

On what planet did Cam Newton exceed Chris Todd's PASSING success to the point that they're incomparable?

Earth. Where it's commonly accepted that a 30 point difference in QB Rating is a very WIDE difference. In 2010 NFL terms, your statement about Newton "replicating" Todd's passing success, is the same as saying that Ryan Fitzpatrick "replicated" Tom Brady's passing success this year.

But of course that would just be preposterous.

As preposterous as saying that Cam Newton's passing success in 2010 merely "replicated" Chris Todd's in 2009.

I didn't short Cam 3 TD's, in fact, I gave him one extra by including the first South Carolina game, since he didn't face Tennessee from the SEC East like Chris Todd did in '09..

Cam Newton isn't even worth all this... but it's all anyone wants to talk about apparently..

I really have to remember this statement.

I thought you made it pretty clear that you were subbing in Cam Newton against Clemson to compare with Chris Todd against West Virginia, and subbing in Newton's 2nd game against South Carolina to compare with Todd's game against Tennessee.

That would give Newton 16 TDs, not the 13 TDs you stated.

And you also left out the completion percentages, yardage, etc...which are all pretty important for judging a QB's performance.

If you just stick with common opponents (Miss St, Kentucky, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Georgia, Bama) you've got

Chris Todd: 97 of 167 (58.1%) for 1146 yards (6.86 YPA), 7 TDs (4.27%) and 5 INTs (3.05%)
Cam Newton: 87 of 129 (67.4%) for 1145 yards (8.88 YPA), 10 TDs (7.75%) and 3 INTs (2.32%)

And again I have to say, on what planet are those duplicates?

I think Newtons improvement from week to week year to year and in game adjustments and ability to scramble and pass rather than run are proof he is not a good QB (jayy kayy)

He is another black quarterback that can scramble and is vein labeled a run first QB. Look at Vick n what he became even tho i hate that man like none other. Also if Cam was white it would be nothing but Big Ben hype around him more so than it is now. Watching his command, composure, and awareness as a QB u see a poor mans Ben and that is more than u can say avout any other QB the last couple years. Every year there is a boat load of QB we hate n say suck but like every other year others find QBs while Miami doesn't. Balls out and pick up Cam an see wha that does as opposed to a 2nd round project.

Akili also prepped bigtime for the wonderlichttp://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1208/is_12_223/ai_54245995/

The guy is a dumb as a post.

If you can memorize a bunch of copies of the wonderlic to where you can score a 38, then that's plenty smart enough. Players never knew which particular copy of the wonderlic they'd be given. The problem was, there were only so many versions of the wonderlic in circulation back then. So let's say there's only 6 wonderlics in circulation, and the chances are the one they give you will be one of these 6 copies. You study 6 versions of the test and that way none of the questions are new to you. Well, guess what. That involves memorizing 300 questions and answers, and if you can do that, you should have no trouble with a playbook.

Back
Top Bottom