The OFFICIAL draft Cam Newton Thread!!! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The OFFICIAL draft Cam Newton Thread!!!

That's not it at all, here's how they both fared:

Chris Todd vs. Miss. St. -- 1 TD, 0 INT's / 129.23

Cam Newton vs. Miss. St. -- 2 TD's, 1 INT / 142.25

Chris Todd vs. #25 West Virginia -- 4 TD's, 1 INT / 161.82

Cam Newton vs. Clemson -- 2 TD's, 2 INT's / 190.37

Chris Todd vs. Arkansas -- 0 TD's, 0 INT's / 90.24

Cam Newton vs. Arkansas -- 1 TD, 0 INT's / 167.07

Chris Todd vs. Kentucky -- 0 TD's, 1 INT / 67.92

Cam Newton vs. Kentucky -- 0 TD's, 1 INT / 136.39

Chris Todd vs. LSU -- 1 TD, 1 INT / 95.52

Cam Newton vs. LSU -- 0 TD's, 0 INT's / 107.65

Chris Todd vs. Ole Miss -- 2 TD's, 0 INT's / 160.77

Cam Newton vs. Ole Miss -- 3 TD's, 0 INT's / 192. 54

Chris Todd vs. UGA -- 2 TD's, 2 INT's / 152.11

Cam Newton vs. UGA -- 2 TD's, 1 INT / 181.45

Chris Todd vs. Bama -- 2 TD's, 1 INT / 128.90

Cam Newton vs. Bama -- 3 TD's, 0 INT's / 205.22

Chris Todd vs. Tennessee -- 1 TD, 0 INT's / 122.97

Cam Newton didn't play Tennessee, they played South Carolina instead.... 4 TD's, and 0 INT's...

That's 13 TD's and 6 INT's for Chris Todd.... and 13 TD's and 5 INT's for Cam Newton.

17-5 if you throw in the South Carolina game where he ran for almost 200 yards on the ground.

Cam Newton replicated Chris Todd's passing success, Cam Newton did 80% of his damage against SEC competition on the ground... that's how Gus Malzahn designed it.

Nice job of gerrymandering.

aaron rodgers is better already than brett favre was ...yep...i said it

I don't think it's close. Also, I don't think there's another QB in the NFL that win that game against the Steelers - given the drops by his WR's. You're realistically looking at between 100 and 150 yards sitting on the ground that his WR's just dropped.

I don't think it's close. Also, I don't think there's another QB in the NFL that win that game against the Steelers - given the drops by his WR's. You're realistically looking at between 100 and 150 yards sitting on the ground that his WR's just dropped.

aaron rodgers barring injury is gonna be in canton...and to think that team is gonna get the best vertical te in football back next year in jermichael finley to add to that young powerhouse...14 guys on ir most of which were good starters

wow...green bay may well win 5 championships this decade

Rodgers could have started as a rookie, and they took him with that in mind while Favre was busy waffling over whether to come back or not...

I don't see a problem with drafting a QB in the 1st round and sitting him behind a veteran for a season if you have that luxury, but if you're going to take a quarterback in the 1st round, you should feel like he's CAPABLE of starting as a rookie..

Otherwise, he's at least a 2nd round pick.

That's how I look at it, doesn't mean you or anybody else has to... You can flip head over heels for every spread option quarterback that comes out of college with "all the tools" and pound your fist over how they're all franchise quarterbacks for all I care...

I'll stick to mine...

That game yesterday? Had a lot of spread formations ...

Ideally you want any first round pick to come in and start , sometimes you take a player who has had injuries and continues to have them and you don't get much of a year from them . Sometimes you take a QB that develops as you see best for long term success.... This isn't news , but becomes cleare all the time still , at least for me ... you don't win at the level you want if you don't have a franchise / elite/superior QB ( term it what you will ) I would pay the price of waiting if needed to get the QB needed. Just my opinion though.

Nice job of gerrymandering.

Of course, why let the facts get in the way of a good ol' Cam Newton slobberfest....

Relax, someone has to come up for a breath soon so you can have your turn to administer another dose of oral support..

i do think however that donald drivers downward spiral has finally begun...they're gonna need to replace him very soon...and age may be actually catching up with all world charles woodson here soon...but my god traman williams i think his name is looks like he's gonna be elite for quite some time...

just an embarrassment of riches in green bay

i do think however that donald drivers downward spiral has finally begun...they're gonna need to replace him very soon...and age may be actually catching up with all world charles woodson here soon...but my god traman williams i think his name is looks like he's gonna be elite for quite some time...

just an embarrassment of riches in green bay

They also draft very well. And, we'll see if they keep J. Jones, but if they do, Jones, Gennings, Finley, and Nelson . . . I think that's enough. I'd be surprised if Rodgers didn't win at least one more. But, stranger things have happened.

What I would honestly do is stack up on explosive players for the skill positions this draft. You draft a Yates/Devlin QB in the later rounds and have him battle it out with Henne. Set in place a system first. Unless we can get Gabbert, there are zero QBs I want to invest a first round pick in.

Of course, why let the facts get in the way of a good ol' Cam Newton slobberfest....

Relax, someone has to come up for a breath soon so you can have your turn to administer another dose of oral support..

Speaking of facts, there are some inaccuracies in the data you presented. I gave you too much credit when I said "gerrymandering". You just outright misrepresented the data.

Let me fix those inaccuracies for you...

Cam Newton vs. Miss. St. -- 11 of 19, 136 YD, 2 TD, 1 INT
Cam Newton vs. Clemson -- 7 of 14, 203 YD, 2 TD, 2 INT
Cam Newton vs. Kentucky -- 13 of 21, 210 YD, 0 TD, 1 INT
Cam Newton vs. Arkansas -- 10 of 14, 140 YD, 1 TD, 0 INT
Cam Newton vs. LSU -- 10 of 16, 86 YD, 0 TD, 0 INT
Cam Newton vs. Ole Miss -- 18 of 24, 209 YD, 2 TD, 0 INT
Cam Newton vs. UGA -- 12 of 15, 148 YD, 2 TD, 1 INT
Cam Newton vs. Bama -- 13 of 20, 216 YD, 3 TD, 0 INT
Cam Newton vs. South Carolina -- 17 of 28, 335 YD, 4 TD, 0 INT
TOTAL -- 111 of 171 (65%), 1683 YD (9.84 YPA), 16 TD, 5 INT, 116.2 QB Rating

Chris Todd vs. Miss. St. -- 17 of 26, 255 YD, 2 TD, 0 INT
Chris Todd vs. #25 West Virginia -- 16 of 31, 284 YD, 4 TD, 1 INT
Chris Todd vs. Kentucky -- 10 of 24, 80 YD, 0 TD, 1 INT
Chris Todd vs. Arkansas -- 15 of 28, 133 YD, 0 TD, 0 INT
Chris Todd vs. LSU -- 8 of 14, 47 YD, 0 TD, 1 INT
Chris Todd vs. Ole Miss -- 12 of 22, 212 YD, 1 TD, 0 INT
Chris Todd vs. UGA -- 20 of 28, 238 YD, 2 TD, 2 INT
Chris Todd vs. Bama -- 15 of 25, 181 YD, 2 TD, 1 INT
Chris Todd vs. Tennessee -- 19 of 32, 218 YD, 1 TD, 0 INT
TOTAL -- 132 of 230 (57%), 1648 YD (7.16 YPA), 12 TD, 6 INT, 86.3 QB Rating

Seriously, on what planet is what Cam Newton did to those defenses PASSING THE BALL, a mere "replication" of what Chris Todd did?

They also draft very well. And, we'll see if they keep J. Jones, but if they do, Jones, Gennings, Finley, and Nelson . . . I think that's enough. I'd be surprised if Rodgers didn't win at least one more. But, stranger things have happened.

one more...man are you setting the bar low ha ha

Speaking of facts, there are some inaccuracies in the data you presented. I gave you too much credit when I said "gerrymandering". You just outright misrepresented the data.

Let me fix those inaccuracies for you...

Seriously, on what planet is what Cam Newton did to those defenses PASSING THE BALL, a mere "replication" of what Chris Todd did?

I gave Chris Todd the TD pass against LSU instead of Neil Caudle.. it was a mistake, not outright misrepresenting the data... don't act like such a sanctimonious jerkoff because we disagree on Cam Newton... you're not prone to perfection either.

I'm going to let this one die... Cam Newton it is.

I gave Chris Todd the TD pass against LSU instead of Neil Caudle.. it was a mistake, not outright misrepresenting the data... don't act like such a sanctimonious jerkoff because we disagree on Cam Newton... you're not prone to perfection either.

I'm going to let this one die... Cam Newton it is.

You also shorted Cam by 3 TDs.

I'm sorry if you think I'm being a sanctimonious jerkoff and I have no problem with disagreement over Cam Newton. But saying that Newton's passing this year is a mere replication of Chris Todd's passing last year is already a pretty disingenuous statement, but then trying to support it with stats and shorting Cam by 3 TDs while spotting Todd an extra 1 TD just kind of adds to that.

Just because I like Cam Newton, am I going to sit here and try and sell you a bill of goods saying that in actuality Cam regularly went to his 3rd and 4th reads? Hell no, if I said that you'd correct me and point out what an absurd statement that is. It's the same with this "Newton only replicated Todd's passing" statement.

You also shorted Cam by 3 TDs.

I'm sorry if you think I'm being a sanctimonious jerkoff and I have no problem with disagreement over Cam Newton. But saying that Newton's passing this year is a mere replication of Chris Todd's passing last year is already a pretty disingenuous statement, but then trying to support it with stats and shorting Cam by 3 TDs while spotting Todd an extra 1 TD just kind of adds to that.

Just because I like Cam Newton, am I going to sit here and try and sell you a bill of goods saying that in actuality Cam regularly went to his 3rd and 4th reads? Hell no, if I said that you'd correct me and point out what an absurd statement that is. It's the same with this "Newton only replicated Todd's passing" statement.

I didn't short Cam 3 TD's, in fact, I gave him one extra by including the first South Carolina game, since he didn't face Tennessee from the SEC East like Chris Todd did in '09..

Cam Newton isn't even worth all this... but it's all anyone wants to talk about apparently..

I didn't short Cam 3 TD's, in fact, I gave him one extra by including the first South Carolina game, since he didn't face Tennessee from the SEC East like Chris Todd did in '09..

Cam Newton isn't even worth all this... but it's all anyone wants to talk about apparently..

I thought you made it pretty clear that you were subbing in Cam Newton against Clemson to compare with Chris Todd against West Virginia, and subbing in Newton's 2nd game against South Carolina to compare with Todd's game against Tennessee.

That would give Newton 16 TDs, not the 13 TDs you stated.

And you also left out the completion percentages, yardage, etc...which are all pretty important for judging a QB's performance.

If you just stick with common opponents (Miss St, Kentucky, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Georgia, Bama) you've got

Chris Todd: 97 of 167 (58.1%) for 1146 yards (6.86 YPA), 7 TDs (4.27%) and 5 INTs (3.05%)
Cam Newton: 87 of 129 (67.4%) for 1145 yards (8.88 YPA), 10 TDs (7.75%) and 3 INTs (2.32%)

And again I have to say, on what planet are those duplicates?

I thought you made it pretty clear that you were subbing in Cam Newton against Clemson to compare with Chris Todd against West Virginia, and subbing in Newton's 2nd game against South Carolina to compare with Todd's game against Tennessee.

That would give Newton 16 TDs, not the 13 TDs you stated.

And you also left out the completion percentages, yardage, etc...which are all pretty important for judging a QB's performance.

If you just stick with common opponents (Miss St, Kentucky, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Georgia, Bama) you've got

Chris Todd: 97 of 167 (58.1%) for 1146 yards (6.86 YPA), 7 TDs (4.27%) and 5 INTs (3.05%)
Cam Newton: 87 of 129 (67.4%) for 1145 yards (8.88 YPA), 10 TDs (7.75%) and 3 INTs (2.32%)

And again I have to say, on what planet are those duplicates?

I made it pretty clear that I gave him 17 TD's and 5 INT's if you count the South Carolina game... it's none of my concern if you skipped over it while in a hurry to make a gerrymandering comment... it's there.

The yardage is irrelevant any way you want to look at it... they're neck and neck, no matter what games you choose to take into consideration.

The completion percentage and yards per attempt favor the more gifted player... the point is, Cam Newton's PASSING performances didn't blow a kid out of the water who's selling insurance right now...Guz Malzahn's system works for his quarterbacks.

On what planet did Cam Newton exceed Chris Todd's PASSING success to the point that they're incomparable?

What's incomparable is the impact that an athlete who can run for 1,400 yards from the QB position can have on opposing defenses.... which is why Cam Newton has a Heisman Trophy and Chris Todd doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom