The OFFICIAL draft Cam Newton Thread!!! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The OFFICIAL draft Cam Newton Thread!!!

Well I don't think anyone is surprised that Auburn fans love some Cam Newton. You'll find this on every QB prospect in the draft.. You can find it on Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young, Tim Tebow, Jimmy Clausen, Greg McElroy, Ricky Stanzi,.... I mean good grief.

However, what remains to be seen is how they change their tune in a few years when the NCAA comes calling to snatch that BCS Trophy and Heisman away from the Auburn fanbase... the right person just hasn't spoke up yet, but they will.

The pro-Cam Newton/Tim Tebow crowd will always refer to the people that don't worship the ground these kids walks on as "haters"... (whatever in the hell that is)...

Even so, I know Cam Newton has more to work with than Tim Tebow from a passing perspective, and if Cam Newton is even HALF the worker Tim Tebow is, he'll prove his detractors wrong.

We'll see...

yeah and tebow went with a top 25 pick...despite all those flaws in his mechanics and elongated delivery and looking like hot garbage senior bowl week...and not being anywhere near as elusive as cam newton

the only thing i can think that made tebow a top 25 worthy guy in mcdaniels eyes was he interviewed very well and they knew he had an unpeccable (sp???) work ethic

Nice way to completely change the argument. I never said stats are the way you evaluate a QB or that Cam Newton is a better passer than Todd because his stats say so.

You said Cam Newton merely replicated Chris Todd's success as a passer. You were wrong.

Read the post. I said not only stat-wise.

yeah and tebow went with a top 25 pick...despite all those flaws in his mechanics and elongated delivery and looking like hot garbage senior bowl week...and not being anywhere near as elusive as cam newton

You also had Josh McDaniels picking him, if that means anything.

Well the int was a drop not on cam. Also if his first target is open why would u not throw it? I saw his head move making reads when his first option was not there. Not saying he will be good just that he will not be terrible.

Matter of the fact is that we all have our own opinion on Newton. No one is right or wrong, just opinions.

Well the int was a drop not on cam. Also if his first target is open why would u not throw it? I saw his head move making reads when his first option was not there. Not saying he will be good just that he will not be terrible.

Whipping your head around doesn't necessarily making reads...

Thats one of the biggest misconceptions this board has, moving your head means your making your reads..

the only thing i can think that made tebow a top 25 worthy guy in mcdaniels eyes was he interviewed very well and they knew he had an unpeccable (sp???) work ethic

Right but that doesn't mean I would've taken Tim Tebow with a top 25 pick.

Cam Newton could be the #1 overall pick for all I care, doesn't mean I think he's worth it... nor does it mean he's going play well.

The further Cam Newton falls, the better he'll turn out.

Right but that doesn't mean I would've taken Tim Tebow with a top 25 pick.

Cam Newton could be the #1 overall pick for all I care, doesn't mean I think he's worth it... nor does it mean he's going play well.

The further Cam Newton falls, the better he'll turn out.

understood but how far do you really think newton is gonna fall before someone says i'm taking a chance on this guy...if he gets out of the top 10 i'll be surprised if he gets out of the top 20 i'll be floored

i'll leave this board if he gets out of the top 50

understood but how far do you really think newton is gonna fall before someone says i'm taking a chance on this guy...if he gets out of the top 10 i'll be surprised if he gets out of the top 20 i'll be floored

i'll leave this board if he gets out of the top 50

I don't know how high he'll go and don't care... that's my point. I wouldn't touch him until the 2nd round.

I don't know how high he'll go and don't care... that's my point. I wouldn't touch him until the 2nd round.

kinda ironic that since i've known ya you have been trying to get me to come around on using a 1st round pick on a qb when i had such strong convictions about other position players and when i FINALLY come around to it you don't like the guy

ha ha...figures

Read the post. I said not only stat-wise.

Not ANY-wise.

Literally almost every single means of measuring QB performance disagrees with your statement.

Cam Newton and Chris Todd both played against Mississippi State, Arkansas, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, Georgia and Alabama. Todd was 97 of 167 for 1143 yards, 7 TDs and 5 INTs. Newton was 87 of 129 for 1145 yards, 10 TDs and 3 INTs.

Tell me, since obviously you scoured every single pass Chris Todd had at Auburn along with every single pass Newton had, to the extent that you're confident tossing ALL generally accepted measures of a QB's passing performance in order to claim circumstances and personal performance were actually the same, why do you believe so? How do you account for the OBVIOUS differences in their passing performances? Cite some examples.

Listen, you have your opinion on Newton and that's cool. I don't mind people disagreeing and having their own opinion. I prefer it that way. But having your opinion and having the right to it does not mean it's OK to shovel absolute hogwash down peoples throats in order to support your opinion, trying to make people believe that via some magical, mysterious, totally ambiguous and transfigurable means of measurement, Cam Newton did not outperform Chris Todd as a PASSER this season.

If I'm taking a shot on a quarterback in the 1st round, he has to answer two main questions:

1. Do I feel like he can come in and start as a rookie?

2. Will he be the hardest worker on the team, and does he make good decisions on and off the field?

Everything else only determines how high...

Back
Top Bottom