The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

The more I watch Stanford play, the less receptive I become to the notion of drafting Brook Lopez (should we get screwed by the ping pong balls).
He doesn't shoot a good percentage for a big man (.467%) and doesn't finish consistently around the rim. His brother has been outplaying him lately. Robin is a better defender and his offensive game has been blossoming.

As for Michael Beasley, I like his offense but today he was worked on defensively by bigger and stronger Wisconsin big men. Luckily in the East, KG and CB4 are the only legitimate star power forwards but against the West he'd be exposed. I hope we draft Derrick Rose, he's the only guy out of this class who has keeped me impressed the whole time. The rest of the guards are combos, the last thing we need.

edit: LOL, just after I make this Brook Lopez has a monster second half and sinks the game winner on a turn-around shot.

The more I watch Stanford play, the less receptive I become to the notion of drafting Brook Lopez (should we get screwed by the ping pong balls).
He doesn't shoot a good percentage for a big man (.467%) and doesn't finish around the rim. His brother has been outplaying him lately. Robin is a better defender and his offensive game has been blossoming.

As for Michael Beasley, I like his offense but today he was worked on defensively by bigger and stronger Wisconsin big men. Luckily in the East, KG and CB4 are the only legitimate star power forwards but against the West he'd be exposed. I hope we draft Derrick Rose, he's the only guy out of this class who has keeped me impressed the whole time. The rest of the guards are combos, the last thing we need.

What you have to remember about Beasley is that he plays for K. State where he is the sole focus. SO other teams can concentrate on stopping him. If we draft him here..the best he can hope for is to be a 2nd option..so teams won't be able to front/trap/deny him the ball without allowing Wade to tear them up.

He would be free to fill the boxscore here. I see ZERO downside to drafting beasley.

BTW guys..the word is that Riley really really really really wants to explore Omeka Okafur to play the 5 spot for us.

If we manage to get beasley and pick up Okafur...a starting 5 that includes Wade/Marion/Beasley/Okafur could be a contender very quickly.

the heat got a title that they probably wouldnt have with stan coaching...i have no problem with stan leaving and i wish him the best of luck
A rib injury away from reaching the Finals. We could have repeated the following year, but **** happens.

By the way, what is up with finheaven? Is it me or is this site, kind of dead now?

Beasley is a big man.

This isn't the 1980's NBA anymore....

You have dominant teams like Detroit and Boston with PF's playing center.

Unfortunately this is what the NBA has come to. Soon the entire league with be filled with Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Bosh, and KG types. I kinda miss the days of the "Big Man" at C.

Purists will say the 3-Point line has morphed the game into a sad version of itself, I think maybe it's the versatility and athleticism of today's players that have caused it to evolve.

Unfortunately this is what the NBA has come to. Soon the entire league with be filled with Jermaine O'Neal, Chris Bosh, and KG types. I kinda miss the days of the "Big Man" at C.

Purists will say the 3-Point line has morphed the game into a sad version of itself, I think maybe it's the versatility and athleticism of today's players that have caused it to evolve.
and a tremendous lack of fundamentals

According to Ira...Riley is fascinated with Derrek Rose, and committing more scouting trips to see him play.

Only way we get Brand is if the Clippers agree on a sign and trade, which could blow up bigger than Rashard Lewis if that happens.

According to Ira...Riley is fascinated with Derrek Rose, and committing more scouting trips to see him play.

I think Derrek Rose would be a perfect fit with Dwayne Wade.. I really hope that the if the Heat get the first pick, this is the guy they should take if he commits to the NBA.

I think Derrek Rose would be a perfect fit with Dwayne Wade.. I really hope that the if the Heat get the first pick, this is the guy they should take if he commits to the NBA.

He will commit. Nobody leaves 35 million on the table as a #1 or #2 pick.

but who will be better 2 yrs from now? rose or beasley?

Back
Top Bottom