The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread. | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Miami Heat March to the Lottery Thread.

I'm not going to be upset with either Rose or Beasley...I can't see us taking Mayo at all. If we're 4-5, then yeah, possibly, but at 2? No f****** way.

I love DJ Augustine's game. And Anthony Randolph is a nice prospect too. Neither of those players will be the pick though.

Dan Fegan, agent for Heat forward Shawn Marion, said Sunday night it is "highly unlikely" that his client will opt out of his $17.8 million for next season. Marion must finalize his decision by Tuesday at 6 p.m., but Fegan said unless there was a dramatic shift in talks with Heat President Pat Riley, "I don't think we're opting out." While bypassing the opt-out would leave Marion under contract for 2008-09, on the final year of his contract, it also would cast doubts on the forward's presence with the Heat in the long run.

I think its best for all parties involved for him to stick with his current deal. He gets his 17 mil, which is more money than hes ever going to see again. And both sides get to wait a year and reevaluate after a year. If everything works out and the Heat are contenders in the east again it probably makes sense to overpay and build around the core of Wade/Marion/lotto pick. If it looks like its going to take more than a couple years to turn this thing around then Marion can leave for a contender and the Heat will have cap space a plenty.

Heat looking to trade with the clips to take OJ Mayo. Heard it on the radio here in LA.

mayo will gone by #3..i really dont know why miami wouldnt want to have a potential star in beasely...if they want wade to stay, they better make sure we are competitive for the future..but i think its all a smoke screen and the new coach and pfund wont allow riley to screw this up

all signs from the insiders are pointing towards the Heat taking Beasley at 2, but not keeping him. It just sounds like they don't want him, they want somebody else just not him.

Sounds like the Sonics are a likely trade partner as they're offering either Ridnour or Watson as well as Chris Wilcox and pick 4 to get Beasley. I don't think they'll offer number 24, but if they do that's a deal breaker.

I am at the point now of where I just dont know what to believe. Is Riley hyping down Beasley so Chicago passes on him and falls to Miami? Does Miami really not want Beasley? If so, how could Riley say that he doesnt like Beasley's character but has no problem with Mayo? That is an oxymoron.

Ive said a while back that I would love Rose or Beasley on the Heat. Hell, I wouldnt even mind Mayo, but I just cant see Miami passing on Beasley for Mayo. I think Wade has ALOT, and I mean ALOT of say here. Im not saying he has the final decision, but I think he will definitely have some say in the pick. Well, we dont have much longer to wait.

If the Miami Heat's recent activities are any indication, they are not going to select Kansas State forward Michael Beasley with the No. 2 pick in Thursday's NBA draft.

ESPN.com has been reporting since the draft lottery that Heat president Pat Riley has reservations about Beasley. While Beasley is a talent, Riley seems to be uncomfortable with his personality and seems dead set on finding a point guard to pair in the backcourt with Dwyane Wade.
To that end, Riley staged two separate secret workouts in Miami on Tuesday. The first, a source told ESPN.com, was for Arizona point guard Jerryd Bayless. The second was for USC guard O.J. Mayo, who confirmed to ESPN.com that he worked out for the team.

If the Heat don't find any takers, sources told ESPN.com's Andy Katz on Tuesday night that Mayo was told by Heat brass -- which included Riley, general manager Randy Pfund and coach Erik Spoelstra -- that he is in contention to be selected outright at No. 2.

After the Heat were informed that Shawn Marion would not opt out of his contract, sources said Riley began calling teams looking for serious offers for the second pick.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3459696

We're going to be the laughing stock in the draft when we select OJ Mayo over Michael Beasley. This has Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan written all over it. Not saying Michael Beasley is Michael Jordan, but you can obviously tell who the better prospect/player is.

I want to know if OJ Mayo will ever become a PG. The guy averaged near 4 turnovers a game in USC and about 3 assists per game. With Wade, we will be leading the league in T/O's.

I guess we're drafting "potential" here. You know what this means, Dorrell Wright Part 2.

I hope I am wrong though. Other than the low assist average and the turnovers, OJ Mayo is great offensively.

Still, when you have a player like Beasley falling on your lap, and he had the best workout out of every prospect from every team workout he's been in; how can you pass on a guy that may be an elite 3 or 4 in the next level, dominated college the way he did, has one of the best and smooth jumpshot to ever enter the draft, can rebound with the best of them, etc.

You have to draft Beasley, and then trade him for Mayo and a player to make any sense out of this. I liked the Beasley/Blount for Miller/Mayo rumor with Memphis. Miller is a player I really like and could take his game to another level playing with Wade, and Mayo is a nice prospect. But that's hoping Mayo falls to Memphis.

Still, I think you have to draft Beasley, then trade him for the player you want and someone else.

Everything is so unpredictable at the moment. We'll see tommorow.

Back
Top Bottom