***The Official Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official Miami Heat Thread***

Heat hold on to beat the Rockets 114-108. My condolences go out to our broadcaster Eric Reid who lost his mother in law today.

I love Ray Allen (only player I liked from Boston) but he hasn't found his comfort zone

I dunno about that. At the beginning of the year he did look lost a lot but lately he seems to know what hes doing. The shot will come and go but hes getting the same looks hes been getting the past 5 yrs and hes hitting them at a pretty decent clip. I really didn't want to believe it when he signed because the Boston defense was always so good with him in there. Its obvious now why Bradley wasn't going to give up the starting gig once he took over.....if Chalmers could defend half as well he'd be taking most of Allen's crunchtime minutes.

What I love about Battier, Anthony, and now Anderson is that they are guys that will have a positive impact on the game even if they can't put the ball in the basket. That's what scares me about Allen. You're giving the guy 20-30 minutes a game and when hes not hitting his shots about all hes good for is drawing a defender away from the basket. Not to underrate the value in that but I'm not sure it makes up for all the other negatives of having him on the court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray also gives this team another Ball Handler off the bench that the Heat frankly havent had in a long time off the bench. He is in a funk but just keep at it and he will make the shots. Plus you can't undermine crunchtime free throws. Lebron and Wade are not reliable lets be honest.

Yeh I don't see a whole lot of value in that. This team has James or Wade on the floor almost all the time and in those rare instances that Allen is out there alone you don't want him initiating the offense. The only time I've seen him run the point is with Wade and James when they're trying to get those guys the ball in motion.

Don't get me wrong.....I love Allen as a 6th man providing scoring off the bench and playing with James when he does his solo act. I'm just not convinced that hes the best option for closing games. Its hard enough for these guys to cover all the ground they have to playing this style of defense when they go small.

Lebron is Redonkulous! Ray guarding Kobe for a lot of the game very surprised and he didnt do half bad but it affected his offense for sure.

Heres a stat to silence the Kobe lovers.... since 2003 Kobe has shot 525 MORE times than Lebron but has scored 86 FEWER pts...

If that is not greatness I dunno what is!

Rose now talking about missing the entire season. Rondo gone, Bynum still out, and the Knicks looking very mediocre ever since the threes stopped falling for them. The only challenger left in the east is Indiana.

Rose now talking about missing the entire season. Rondo gone, Bynum still out, and the Knicks looking very mediocre ever since the threes stopped falling for them. The only challenger left in the east is Indiana.

I know Miami has handled them fairly easy this year, but there is something about the Nets that still bother me. They have a superior PG with D-Will, an efficient big man with Brook Lopez, a proven scorer in Joe Johnson, a solid Gerald Wallace. Still I expect the Heat to win any series, but since we are throwing the names of teams in the east . . . I don't think they should be left off the list.

Westbrook has always pissed me off but is it me or is Durant starting to piss you guys off too?

I hope they keep this level in the second half and just smash these ****ing little bitches.

Back
Top Bottom