***The Official Miami Heat Thread*** | Page 89 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***The Official Miami Heat Thread***

WARRRIORRRS!

Edit: Man, I've been a die hard Dolphins fan for far longer than I was a Giants or Warriors fan, but thank science for them.

Last edited:
Just read a Lakers "rumor" but it's more like an article suggested it, so idk why it's even titled a rumor BUT.

It said they should offer us AD for Jimmy Buckets. Don't know about anyone else here, but no way in hell I'd even consider that.

Heat are in a tough spot right now. I really wish we would have considered trading Jimmy when we struck out on Donovan Mitchell and supposedly KD. Should have targeted a younger guy to fit the Bam/Herro timeline. I don’t see it possible to build a title contender within his timeline with the horrible contracts we have on the roster. We need a PF and a scoring guard off the bench. I really want to move Strus for value because I deeply fear Riley paying him in the offseason, which would be another huge mistake.

At best, you can salvage a Lowry for Morris/Wall deal or something along those lines. I really wish there was a way for us to land Rozier/PJ Washington but I don’t see us giving up the future assets to include a contract like Duncan’s in such a deal.

John Collins would be a nice fit but that’s probably the best we can do, while including that 2028 FRP and one of the best value deals in the NBA in Caleb Martin.

We are in a really crappy spot.

I can envision Herro being dealt in the summer for one last chance at putting together a contending team. Right now looking forward to Jimmy’s FA year when Bam, Tatum, Mitchell, Fox, etc. will all be free agents.

I’m just spitballing here. I love Jimmy but he’s turning 34 in September and plays pretty much half the games. Wade showed up more towards the end up his career with a bummed knee. Shows up for the big games in which we compete and do well, then sits out against shitty teams that we drop unnecessary games to. Ugh. Very frustrating. Bam is the only player to be excited about going forward. He’s the one to build around.

The Heat should be all in on Kyrie but he’s not “culture” enough unlike James Johnson, Kendrick Nunn, and Avery Bradley.

This is the gamble you make when you are a cap strapped treadmill team that is really a motivated Kyrie Irving away from being a contending favorite.

I’d personally do that and then make a smaller trade for say, Kelly Olynyk or Jared Vanderbilt, for some front court depth.

At the very least I wanted to see Lowry dealt with a pick for Russell and Naz Reid. I am going to be very pissed if Lowry is still on this roster beyond the deadline. Feel the same way about Duncan but understand that contract is absolutely unmovable until he’s an expiring, without attaching a FRP. We’re a significantly better basketball team when Gabe is on the floor instead of Kyle.

Last edited:
Kyrie is a clown , a constant whiner 🐻

I agree but I’m all about winning and we are running out of time in Jimmy’s window. We can’t possibly do any better with the lack of assets we have. Tyler has a poison pill contract that is going to be nearly impossible to deal before the summer. We only have two future FRPs to dangle as well, without giving OKC a reason to remove protections on another. Our only plus trade assets are Jovic, Martin, Gabe, and Strus aside from untouchable Bam and Jimmy.

Prediction wise, honestly, I see this team making a small trade or two for some front court depth; maybe a reliable scoring wing for the bench.

Bet they’re gearing up to go all in with a Herro+picks centered package in the summer. Dame is who I’d watch out for. Fits the timeline and can get out of his deal when Jimmy’s is up — when Tatum, Mitchell, Fox, etc. are all going to be FAs. Sets us up to contend in Jimmy’s timeline, and regroup for Bam’s.

Jaylen Brown is who I want them to go after when Boston inevitably fails in the postseason again.

Heat needs to trade Jimmy Butler and rebuild around Bam. Trade Herro. Riley also needs to retire. Those are my summer dreams.

I’ve grown sick of the “culture” tbh. Sick and tired of depending on undrafted players and seeing garbage ass pieces of shits like James Johnson, Dion Waiters, Whiteside, Duncan, Lowry, etc. get paid. Strus getting paid in the summer would be the final straw and I fully expect it. He’s “worked hard” for it.

…..and confirmed. Pat is washed. Love you for life but PLEASE retire in the offseason. Wade is the one who did all the real recruiting for us and needs to be given a position with the team going forward. He’ll leave Utah in a heartbeat to come back.

Sorry, not going to sell me on vets no one wants on the buyout market and a bunch of undrafted bums again.

Venting because I’m super pissed! This front office has turned from top shelf to arguably one of the worse in the business. I’m speechless.

The Miami Heat are showing in the playoffs how irrelevant the regular season is. They had go the play in route to get into the playoff but then they rather easily beat the top seeded Bucks in the first round of the playoffs.

With players sitting out regular season games throughout the season, it’s obvious that the only thing that matters is winning enough to make the playoffs and then start playing for real once the playoffs begin.

I don’t anticipate the Heat will win the Championship but after watching them during the season, I really didn’t see them making the playoffs. The fact they were able to turn it on and play at a completely different level once the playoffs began is actually rather amazing.

Heat needs to trade Jimmy Butler and rebuild around Bam. Trade Herro. Riley also needs to retire. Those are my summer dreams.

I’ve grown sick of the “culture” tbh. Sick and tired of depending on undrafted players and seeing garbage ass pieces of shits like James Johnson, Dion Waiters, Whiteside, Duncan, Lowry, etc. get paid. Strus getting paid in the summer would be the final straw and I fully expect it. He’s “worked hard” for it.
This didn’t age well. Only two teams are in the finals and the Heat are one of those teams. Without Butler and the undrafted players, this team would be sitting at home watching the finals.

I like Bam but he isn’t a player you build a team around. He is a very good but certainly not a great player in the NBA.

I mean I’m more than happy to eat crow here. I think 99% of the fanbase is! I try to watch as many games as possible — probably watched about 70 games or so either live or while WFM the following day. This is beyond shocking, this run. I didn’t even see beating Milwaukee in the first round as a realistic possibility even if Jimmy went off. From that to being convinced that they intentionally lost the first play in game because they wanted that matchup. This is an insane run. Spoelstra is just amazing.

What’s crazy is I didn’t start truly believing until Game 2 in Boston. I made nothing of Game 1 going by recent history between these teams in this insanely entertaining rivalry.

This is a helluva ride. Could very well end in a short series loss to Denver, but I’m proud of these boys regardless. What they’ve accomplished winning the East will never be forgotten. This is now our true underdog story finally surpassing the Caron/Odom/Wade team in 2003-2004.

Btw I am still pro trade Bam for the right player (he should NOT be “untouchable”) and still absolutely want to move Herro in the summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom