The Official Milan-liverpool Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Milan-liverpool Thread

Nice Prediction,

But you can't be serious in saying that Ronaldo is better than Kaka at the moment. He thoroughly outplayed Ronaldo in the Manchester-Milan Tie. Kaka scored 3 goals between the 2 games and tonight he was responsible for both goals.

He put them through against Celtic and was solid against Bayern.

Kaka is the best player in the world right now. He proved it tonight and in this whole CL campaign.

I will concede, however, that Ronaldo is an electric player and not far behind in the second position, but right now Kaka stands alone.

2-1 indeed :) ...and I can't argue those points. The goal he made against Man U with the header between Heinze and I forget who else was class. Both are up there right now.

Ronaldo > Kaka at the moment. Kaka might be able to change that with a very impressive performance tonight.

I predict AC wins 2-1

High five Prime Time...what an amazing prediction ;)

And yea where is Boomer. He owes me his house

LOL. Just got back from the game.

I'll post you my house keys. Amazing how we shut down Milan for 90 minutes, bossed the game and tactically dominated and yet were struck down by a deflected goal. Milan were very lucky. Mascherano and Alonso stifled Seedorf and Kaka and gave them nothing. Kuyt and Gerrard shut down Nesta and Maldini and continually forced mistakes and misplaced passes. Milan played poorly because they weren't given a minute.

As for the "best in the world" argument, you take one from Kaka, Christiano Ronaldo and Steven Gerrard and you have your best three. Anyone who's watched Ronaldinho for the last 18 months will know that the lustre has fallen from his game. Lionel Messi has become the star turn for Barcelona.

I feel for Liverpool. Overall the game was pretty poor. Liverpool dominated but didn't create any chances, Milan were more than happy just to sit back and suck the life out of the game (like all Italian clubs) and try and hit them on the break. I thought Kaka was pretty quiet the whole game, I know he set the 2nd goal up but I though Mascherano was the best player on the pitch (mainly down to the fact he kep Kaka quiet).

Liverpool's biggest problem was that they couldn't get Gerrard into the game. If they were to stand any chance of winning they needed him pulling the strings which he wasn't able to do playing just behind Kuyt.

I liked how Milan played the game, forcing Liverpool to do all the work.
This was a great display of defense and opportunisum on the Milan side.
The Liverpool players were running constantly up and down the field, pressing all the time, Milan was setting back with confidence, electing to let the ball to do the running.
This was a good game!

The Liverpool players were running constantly up and down the field, pressing all the time, Milan was setting back with confidence, electing to let the ball to do the running.
This was a good game!

If you count giving the ball away, hoofing it clear and generally creating absolutely nothing of merit in terms of goalscoring chances, then yes, it was a great display of opportunism. :rolleyes2

If you count giving the ball away, hoofing it clear and generally creating absolutely nothing of merit in terms of goalscoring chances, then yes, it was a great display of opportunism. :rolleyes2

But you have to agree that Liverpool's only 2 real scoring chances came off Milan Defenders slipping on the surface and giving horrendous passes which were not a result of Liverpool's pressure.

Take away those 2 opportunities and Yes, they controlled the game and midfield, but have absolutely nothing to show for it.

With that said, the best team on the day doesn't always win, but I still think Milan had the best tournament of any team and are deserved victors.

But you have to agree that Liverpool's only 2 real scoring chances came off Milan Defenders slipping on the surface and giving horrendous passes which were not a result of Liverpool's pressure.

Take away those 2 opportunities and Yes, they controlled the game and midfield, but have absolutely nothing to show for it.

With that said, the best team on the day doesn't always win, but I still think Milan had the best tournament of any team and are deserved victors.

I'd count Alonso's shot, Crouch's shot, Kuyt's shot that deflected off Nesta when goal bound, as chances. Any ball that falls to Xabi Alonso 25 yards out is a chance. Not many players in world football strike the ball so cleanly.

Actually, whilst Milan won, it was a tournament that they shouldn't even have been in.

So cheats do prosper.

I'd count Alonso's shot, Crouch's shot, Kuyt's shot that deflected off Nesta when goal bound, as chances. Any ball that falls to Xabi Alonso 25 yards out is a chance. Not many players in world football strike the ball so cleanly.

Actually, whilst Milan won, it was a tournament that they shouldn't even have been in.

So cheats do prosper.

I'm sorry, but that's just a being bitter. Milan were docked 8 points, which still had them in the top 4 in Italy for the 05/06 season, which qualified them for the CL.

I just don't understand all the bitterness from the Liverpool fans. This year, Liverpool played the better match and Milan won. In 2005 Milan played better over the length of the match and Liverpool won. It's just the way sports are.

I'm sorry, but that's just a being bitter. Milan were docked 8 points, which still had them in the top 4 in Italy for the 05/06 season, which qualified them for the CL.

I just don't understand all the bitterness from the Liverpool fans. This year, Liverpool played the better match and Milan won. In 2005 Milan played better over the length of the match and Liverpool won. It's just the way sports are.

They were actually deducted 45 points which took them out of CL contention, quite rightly, for fixing games. That's the truth of it.

I'm not bitter, just stating a fact. ;)

This was a good game!

You are right when you say that the team played a Defensive game as most Italian sides do. That they do and while I like a good Defensive battle in soccer as well as a shoot out, this game wasn't that good. The goals where so so and it wasn't really a good final but we can't expect all matches to be classics.

They were actually deducted 45 points which took them out of CL contention, quite rightly, for fixing games. That's the truth of it.

I'm not bitter, just stating a fact. ;)

Fine, point taken

But A Champion's League without Milan is like the Serie A without Juventus. It's just not right.

And for the record, I think English teams got way too harsh of a penalty in the 80's when they were banned from European competitions for 5 years\. Just like I thought it would've been way too harsh had Milan been banned from Europe.

I still think Juve's punishment was far too harsh. Those crimes didn't deserve those punishments, but that's another argument in its own

Liverpool needs Villa like Kuyt needs a haircut. They've got some hard working horses up front, but the talent isn't quite there. As a result, you've got Gerrard sitting in support behind the strikers. He's a much more elegant and effective player in the middle of the pitch where he can spray the ball around and set up shop - although Xabi Alonso is a fine passer, he's not Gerrard.

Mascherano is a name that comes up a lot, but my boy in that midfield is Momo Sissoko. He's done wonders with the Malian team and is one of the most underrated players in the Premier.

Both Milan and Liverpool shouldn't have been in the Champions League final , to me is a joke that both teams that never challenges for their domestics championships are allowed in this tournament. The final should have been Manchester United Vs Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom