The Official Milan-liverpool Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

The Official Milan-liverpool Thread

I was waiting on you to chime in as you've certainly seen Momo and el jefe a lot more than we all have. The Nani catch by Man Utd. was brilliant. Eto'o would be a similar coup although it might be wiser to invest that dough in Torres/Villa and Alves.

Francois, there has been plenty of talk of Barcelona taking Sissoko as part of the deal for eto'o. Nani was a good signing, although Anderson strikes me as a better one. Liverpool have signed the Brazilian U20 captain from Gremio, Lucas, for £8 million which has slipped a little under the radar.

Alves looks to be heading to Real Madrid. I think Simao will come in on the right, although interest remains strong in Malouda. They want Gabi Milito to rotate with Agger and Carra and I can't help thinking that what we're really missing is a player like Deco or Tevez, someone who can sit and link and create and who isn't called Gerrard.

Both Milan and Liverpool shouldn't have been in the Champions League final , to me is a joke that both teams that never challenges for their domestics championships are allowed in this tournament. The final should have been Manchester United Vs Chelsea.

Remind me how many domestic championships Liverpool have compared to Chelsea or Manchester United.

Indeed.

How did France do in the Finals ? :)

Certainly a lot better than :flag2:

And if you had witnessed the most recent performance against Ukraine as I did, with a 20 year old being the best player on the pitch in his Stade de France debut, you'd be as encouraged about the future as I am.

Francois, there has been plenty of talk of Barcelona taking Sissoko as part of the deal for eto'o. Nani was a good signing, although Anderson strikes me as a better one. Liverpool have signed the Brazilian U20 captain from Gremio, Lucas, for £8 million which has slipped a little under the radar.

Alves looks to be heading to Real Madrid. I think Simao will come in on the right, although interest remains strong in Malouda. They want Gabi Milito to rotate with Agger and Carra and I can't help thinking that what we're really missing is a player like Deco or Tevez, someone who can sit and link and create and who isn't called Gerrard.

Cheers for the update Simon. Not familiar with Lucas or Anderson. Deco would look marvelous alongside Gerrard and Mascherano.

Certainly a lot better than :flag2:

And if you had witnessed the most recent performance against Ukraine as I did, with a 20 year old being the best player on the pitch in his Stade de France debut, you'd be as encouraged about the future as I am.

owned-1.jpg

:lol:

If the local press is to be believed, it'll be Samuel eto'o rather than David Villa. Remember, Rafa tried to buy eto'o when Owen was going to Madrid - as Real owned the majority of his contract - but was turned down. Amauri looks to be a wildcard.

Mascherano is a really great player. Ready to take that Makalele role as the best holding midfielder in european football. The issue with Sissoko is thus; excellent player with a motor the like of which I've never seen and who the fans love, but his inability to pass the ball has begun to become an irritant, especially at the highest level. In the CL, you simply can't give the ball away consistently and he does it over and over again.

Unless Gago pans out and continues to play as he has lately. In which case it would be Gago... that would make for an amazing midfield for the Argentines Gago and Mascherano

Cheers for the update Simon. Not familiar with Lucas or Anderson. Deco would look marvelous alongside Gerrard and Mascherano.

No worries mate. Anderson cost £17.8 million. Is an attacking midfielder. I think the word is "upside".

Lucas is the definitive box to box player. Anderson certainly will be in the Copa America squad, with Ronaldinho and Kaka both sitting it out.

Deco playing off the front, with Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard and Simao would be TASTY.

Unless Gago pans out and continues to play as he has lately. In which case it would be Gago... that would make for an amazing midfield for the Argentines Gago and Mascherano

I think it would be a stretch to think that Gago is anywhere close to Mascherano at the moment. Great looking player but not in Mascha's class at the moment. But at 21, with Mascha at 22........it's a bright looking midfield for Argentina.

Remind me how many domestic championships Liverpool have compared to Chelsea or Manchester United.

18 domestic championships but none since 1990. And you guys can sign Deco, Simao, Maradona or Pele, you are not winning the Premier league next year :)

A tournament without the defending champions allowed to play in it??????

Even though Italy won the World Cup they are not in the next one unless they qualify the same way evweryone else does.

I can guarantee USA and Mexico will be in the World Cup but I can't make the same guarantee about Italy

Even though Italy won the World Cup they are not in the next one unless they qualify the same way evweryone else does.

I can guarantee USA and Mexico will be in the World Cup but I can't make the same guarantee about Italy

A rule that changed, what, 3 years ago. And if Italy don't qualify for the WC, I'll eat my hat.

As for the US and Mexico qualifying.......come on.....CONCACEF???? You, me and 9 others could qualify out of that group if we formed our own Republic.

Francois......you've probably seen more of Florent Malouda than me.....what's your take on him? Personally he's always flattered to decieve for me, but I know he's highly rated. Seems like Liverpool are closing in.

The issue with Sissoko is thus; excellent player with a motor the like of which I've never seen and who the fans love, but his inability to pass the ball has begun to become an irritant, especially at the highest level. In the CL, you simply can't give the ball away consistently and he does it over and over again.

Exactly what I've been saying. Against the bigger teams he has been found out. Yes he loves a tackle but if you can't pass there is no real point in winning the ball back just to give it away again.

Against top teams if you give the ball away you won't get it back for ages.

Back
Top Bottom